Our love affair with crispy and yummy waffles has been 100 years old and over 75% of Americans still enjoy waffles as one of the most popular and world-renowned breakfasts in America. In short, we all love to have crispy and warm waffles with loved ones for breakfast to brighten our day quickly. With the intense scent of melted butter and vanilla, waffles are definitely one of the most favorite breakfast and brunch staples for millions of households.
Do you want to make waffles yourself and enjoy it every day? You should invest in the best Belgian waffle maker to make this breakfast quickly and easily whenever you need.
We have checked lots of waffle makers and handpicked the best 10 models available in the market on the basis of ease of cleaning and use, price and, obviously, their ability to make golden and crisp regular or Belgian waffles which remain fluffy and moist inside. Also see our list for best panini press reviews.
Best Buy Belgian Waffle Maker Reviews 2020
1. Presto Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker
The professional rotating design of Presto Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker bakes thick and dense Belgian waffles within minutes. You can flip it 180 degrees to spread batter evenly to prepare delicious waffles which are tender inside and crispy outside. It has nonstick extra-thick grid to make waffles of 7-inch diameter with four cutting sections. When waffles are finished, you will be notified with digital display signals and countdown timer. It is made of heavy-duty brushed stainless steel.
- Patented 180-degree flip design spreads the batter evenly to prepare café-worthy crispy waffles outside and tender and fluffy inside
- Digital display signals and countdown timer to notify you when waffles are ready
- Ceramic, nonstick interior for easy cleanup
- Made of brushed stainless steel for endless beauty outside
2. Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker with Removable Plates
Enjoy fluffy and crispy Belgian waffles every morning and make delicious vanilla waffle and even add fruits, nuts, or dessert toppings to the batter with no mess by using Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker. This machine bakes fluffy, golden brown waffles and gives complete control over flipping so you can get café-worthy results at your home. Make your waffles the way you like – darker or lighter in minutes.
This waffle maker is designed for most complex waffle and thickest waffle. It also has Belgian-style grids along with deep pockets so you can have a lot of toppings. It also has removable and nonstick grids that are easy to clean up and dishwasher safe.
- Easy to flip for fluffy, thick waffles
- Easy-flip, cool touch handle folds for simple storage
- Exterior housing made of brushed stainless steel for long-lasting durability
- Non-stick finish for easy food release and stress-free cleanup
- Advanced heating for consistent browning and baking
3. Cuisinart WAF-F20 Double Belgian Stainless Steel Waffle Maker
Cook two 1” extra deep, delicious and thick Belgian waffles at the same time with Cuisinart WAF-F20 double Belgian waffle maker and adjust browning control. Add fruit or syrup and enjoy the royal breakfast or dessert at home.
It has easy to handle rotary flips waffle to 180 degrees for even cooking on bottom and top. The browning control knob has six settings to bake both waffles from fluffy and light to crisp and brown.
- Bake two waffles at once
- Best quality waffle maker for home use
- Non-stick waffle grids for easy food release
- Easy to handle rotary
4. KRUPS Adjustable Temperature Belgian Waffle Maker
With this adjustable temperature Belgian waffle maker from KRUPS, you can bake up to 4 tasty Belgian waffles at once. It has 5 easy to adjust browning levels – i.e. from light to dark, so it can accommodate your preferences with ease. It has green and red indicator lights as well as ‘ready’ audible beep to know when this waffle maker is ready to bake, turned on, and when it has finished baking, without any guesswork.
You can bake waffles with deep pockets, ideal for filling with jam, powdered sugar, maple syrup, or even fresh fruits or cream cheese. This stainless steel device has die-cast removable waffle plates which are nonstick for easy food release and cleanup. Have your waffles for dinner, lunch, breakfast or as all-time snack.
- Ready on and audible alerts
- 4-slice waffle maker
- 5 easy to adjust browning settings
- Vertical storage
- Dishwasher safe, removable plates
- Get crispy and tasty restaurant-style waffles
5. All Clad 4-Square Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker
With this stainless steel Belgian waffle maker, you can make up to four square Belgian waffles for daily snacks, weekend brunches, or tasty desserts. The advanced heating of this waffle maker provides consistent browning and baking and its steam-release system keeps condensation from building up. This way, waffles bake perfectly and crispy outside and fluffy and light inside.
It bakes 4.5 inches wide and 1-inch thick square-shaped waffles with easy to cut sections and deep pockets to capture maple syrup, melted butter, fresh fruits, whipped cream and other toppings you love. It has red indicator light to notify when it is pre-heating and audible beep to notify when it is ready. Pour in the batter, close lid and turn knob to change temperature settings. Apart from audible beep, the green indicator will notify when waffles are baked.
- Easy to clean up and best cooking results
- Cook extra-deep and delicious waffles
- Light signals and audible beeps for precise control
6. Chef’s Choice Nonstick Classic Belgian Waffle Maker
With patented ‘floating’ top-plate and new and modern design, Chef’s Choice M840 is the most cutting-edge waffle maker from the brand. You can prepare the tastiest waffles at home within minutes, with no guesswork needed. It features the Quad baking system to choose the right texture, flavor and color.
It has texture select switch to flip and you can choose either deep bake for uniform texture or fast bake for crispy waffles with oven-fresh, soft interior. This heavy-duty, professional waffle maker has ‘baking’ and ‘ready’ lights and ‘waffle ready’ beeper. The temperature recovers quickly for consistent baking. The overflow channel is easy to clean up and it has non-stick deep griddle. It always bakes even thickness of waffles thanks to floating lid.
- Bakes Belgian style waffles within 90 seconds
- Quad baking for custom color and texture
- Choose from ‘crisp exterior and moist interior’ or deep-bake mode
- Floating top plate for even thickness
7. Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker with Pancake Plates
Make delicious and crispy pancakes at home and thick waffles with very convenient and easy to use Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker. It is covered with brushed stainless steel to look stunning with your kitchen décor. It has easy to adjust temperature control with audible beep and indicator lights for precise baking. It has removable and dishwasher safe plates for easy cleanup.
- Dishwasher safe and non-stick coated plates
- Ready to eat/ready to bake indicator lights
- Six temperature-control settings
- Top cover made of brushed stainless steel
8. Hamilton Beach 26010 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
Enjoy the delicious breakfast with Belgian style waffle maker from Hamilton Beach. By just twisting a handle, you can get restaurant-worthy results. You can prepare fluffy waffles that are browned well. It has adjustable browning controls to cook waffles well. It has non-stick Belgian style grids for easy release.
- Flipping action for thick, restaurant-worthy fluffy waffles
- Ready and power indicator lights
- Grids lock properly when waffles cook
9. Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic Belgian Waffle Maker
Designed with innovative and unique DuraCeramic non-stick coating, this Oster Titanium Infused Belgian waffle maker has PFOA and PTFE free nonstick ceramic coating which lasts four times longer than traditional coatings and it won’t peel off and flake.
- PTFE and PFOA free nonstick coating
- DuraCeramic non-stick coating lasts longer
- Cooks around 30% faster
- Adjustable temperature control
10. Gourmia GWM460 Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker
With this Belgian Waffle maker from Gourmia, crispy and tasty waffles are just a flip away. Fill in the batter, choose your settings and flip it when it cooks to bake crispy waffles all the time. It has drip tray, waffle cooking plates, and cool-touch folding handles. Impress your guests and family with delicious Belgian style waffles at home.
- Rotates 180 degrees for even batter spreading
- Go crispy and dark or fluffy and light with temperature dial
- Durable and sleek brushed stainless steel
How To Choose The Right Belgian Waffle Maker
Well, who doesn’t like belgian waffles. Most of us do. if you are a huge fan of the same, then the best option for you is to keep a belgian waffle maker at your home or your hotel kitchen But how do you choose the perfect Belgian waffle maker for your home that best suits your needs and requirements? Well, the following is a comprehensive guide for the right belgian waffle maker:
Type of Waffles: One of the most important consideration while purchasing a waffle maker is the type of waffles that you wish to make. Different types of waffles are made in different manners and the batter used is also slightly different from one another. The waffle maker for the belgian waffles will be different for different types such as American waffle, Brussels waffles, etc.
The Quantity of Waffles: Another important and significant factor is the total number of waffles that you wish to make in one single batch. You have both the single as well as the double model waffle maker. As the name suggests, the single waffle maker is the one that shall be used to make waffles that are lower in the total volume. The double model waffle is the type of waffle maker that shall be mostly used in case of waffles that are required in quite a larger quantity.
Price: When going for the purchase of anything, the price should be able to give you the maximum possible value. Different brands are today available in the market and each is available with different types of features. Some may be useful to you while others may be just additional for you. Hence, you should be smart enough to understand which is the best for you price wise while also offering the features as required by you.
Material of the Waffle Maker: Another important thing to consider is the material with which the grid of the waffle maker is made. The material will also help determine the durability of the waffle maker that you have purchased. The grid of the waffle maker can be made of materials such as aluminium, cast iron, cast steel, amongst a host of others. There are pros and cons of using grids of each of these types. You have to consider all the advantages and disadvantages of using each of these materials and then make a decision.
Ease of Cleaning and Handling: It is very important to choose a Belgian waffle maker that can be handled as per your convenience. It should also be easy to clean the waffle maker. Cleaning is very important as if you are unable to clean the Belgian waffle maker adequately and as per the convenience, you shall not be able to use the same for a long time. Thus, ease of handling and taking care of the Belgian waffle maker ia an important consideration that should be kept in mind.
Features: There are different types of Belgian waffle makers and each of these have their own characteristics and features. Some additional features include automatic shut off, a timer, amongst various other features. A timer and few of these additional features are particularly important in case you are using a Belgian waffle maker in bakery so that the employees can engage in other tasks as your waffle is being baked.
Belgian Waffle Maker Cleaning and Caring Instructions
The following points should be kept in mind while cleaning a waffle maker:
- When you go for the cleaning, ensure that the waffle maker is cool completely
- In order to remove the unwanted oil and other crumbs from the waffle maker, you should use a damp cloth.
- The component parts that can be removed from the waffle maker should be removed and you can clean the same with the help of a mild soap. Warm soapy water can be used to clean the waffle maker. Abrasive materials should not be used to clean the waffle maker. Sponge or cloth along with baking soda can be used to wipe away residual batter sticking to the surface of the waffle maker.
- There will be oil in the grid as well. You should not avoid the same and make it a point to clean that as well
- If there are certain crumbs or parts of baking batter left in the waffle maker, you should put some oil in the vessel. After some time, the batter of the waffle will become a little lose and you shall be able to remove it easily with the help of a dry towel.
How to Use a Belgian Waffle Maker
You need to follow some simple steps to make crispy and fluffy waffles using a Belgian waffle maker.
Coating the griddle
The inside of the griddle of the Belgian waffle maker can be coated with non-stick cooking spray. It can also be wiped with a paper towel infused with a little amount of oil. The purpose of doing this is that non-stick cooking spray or oil makes it easier to lift the waffle after it is made.
Before you start coating the griddle, ensure that the griddle is free of dirt. Use moist paper towel or cloth to wipe the griddle to clean it.
Heating the waffle maker
You need to place the Belgian waffle maker on a flat and hard surface. Thereafter, plug it into a socket. Depending upon the model, the Belgian waffle maker will either start heating as soon as you plug it or you need to switch it on using the on/off button present on it. Belgian Waffle makers are usually equipped with an internal temperature gauge which prevents overheating. Indicator light is usually present on a Belgian waffle maker which glows when the waffle maker is ready. If an indicator light is not present on your Belgian waffle maker, wait for 5 minutes before loading the batter.
You can prepare the batter for the waffle while the waffle maker heats. Ready made batter mixes are available in the market. You can also make your own batter using numerous recipes.
Loading the batter
Start pouring the batter on the center of the griddle. Allow the batter to spread to the outer edges of the griddle. The amount of batter that can be handled by the waffle maker is mentioned in the instructions manual of the machine. The amount of batter that can poured depends upon the size of the griddle. You must ensure that the batter touches the edges of the griddle so that when the lid is closed, the batter spreads a bit more.
Cooking the waffle
Close the lid of the Belgian waffle maker and wait for it to be cooked. Belgian waffle makers with indicator lights to signal the end of cooking are available in the market. If you do not have such a model of Belgian waffle maker, then simply wait for 3-5 minutes. An indication that the waffle has cooked is the termination of steam escaping from the waffle maker.
Open the lid of the Belgian waffle maker to look at that the waffle in order to ensure that it is crispy in texture and golden brown in colour. If the waffle is still raw and has not acquired the golden brown colour, then close the lid and allow the waffle to be cooked for some more time.
Picking the waffle
First you need to make the edges of the waffle loose by using a fork or spatula. Thereafter, use a pair of tongs, spatula or a plastic spoon to lift the waffle from the griddle.
Belgian Waffle Maker vs Regular Waffle Maker
Waffles are one of the breakfasts that can help you to make your day delightful. When you start your day by eating this amazing treat, you will enjoy it for the whole day.
Belgian Waffle Maker
Belgian waffles are actually from Belgium and they were invented in 1958. It was introduced to countries like America in the year 2192 and they become quite popular during the World Fair in New York in 1964. Earlier, the Belgian Waffles were known as Bel-Gem Waffles. For making Belgian waffles, you will require yeast and that is why the maker should have deeper grooves to adjust the rise of the batter.
Regular Waffle Maker
There are no details about the origin of regular waffles, and every country has a unique way of making regular waffles.The grooves in the regular waffle maker do not have to be small as there are no issues like Belgian waffles. In the regular waffle maker, the iron is heated faster as compare to other waffles which means that it can be cooked quickly.
Difference between Belgian Waffle Maker vs Regular Waffle Maker
The irons for the regular waffle maker is available in different size and shapes. You can find rectangular, square or even circular shapes of iron for the waffle maker. There are irons, which are available in the shape of cartoon characters, as kids like these shapes for their waffles. The MickeyMouse waffle maker is another popular choice.
On the other hand, you cannot find this in Belgian waffle maker as their grooves are bigger in size. That is why it is not available in any unique fashion or different shapes. So if compared to regular waffles, your choice is limited when you buy a Belgian waffle maker. You can look for some popular waffle makers in the market to buy the best one.
A waffle maker is a perfect staple for your kitchen to make ideal tasty waffles for brunch, breakfast or for any occasion. Waffles come in different forms, shapes and sizes, including the Belgian liege, Italian gofri, and Scandinavian vafler. These waffle makers are built to prepare the most commonly known regular (American) and Belgian waffles.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Belgian Waffle Maker Reviews 2020
- 1. Presto Ceramic FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker
- 2. Hamilton Beach Flip Belgian Waffle Maker with Removable Plates
- 3. Cuisinart WAF-F20 Double Belgian Stainless Steel Waffle Maker
- 4. KRUPS Adjustable Temperature Belgian Waffle Maker
- 5. All Clad 4-Square Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker
- 6. Chef’s Choice Nonstick Classic Belgian Waffle Maker
- 7. Cuisinart WAF-300 Belgian Waffle Maker with Pancake Plates
- 8. Hamilton Beach 26010 Flip Belgian Waffle Maker
- 9. Oster Titanium Infused DuraCeramic Belgian Waffle Maker
- 10. Gourmia GWM460 Stainless Steel Belgian Waffle Maker
- How To Choose The Right Belgian Waffle Maker
- Belgian Waffle Maker Cleaning and Caring Instructions
- How to Use a Belgian Waffle Maker
- Belgian Waffle Maker vs Regular Waffle Maker