A spatula or fish spatula has a lot of importance in your kitchen. Flipping or turning food items has never been so easier with the use of a spatula. Spatulas come in different sizes and materials, including silicone and teflon. The material of this simple utensil plays a vital role in prolonging the longevity of your pots, nonstick pans and other utensils. A bad spatula with a rigid and hard edge can scrape their surfaces and spoil the non-stick coating or even cause corrosion or rust. Food may stick on the ruined surface and it also becomes hard to clean.
Our Testing Methodology
Table of Contents
- Our Testing Methodology
- Top Selling Spatulas
- Best Buy Spatula Reviews For 2020
- 1. di Oro Living 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set
- 2. StarPack Silicone Spatula pack of four
- 3. Klopor 3-piece Omelets spatula
- 4. Di Oro Chef Series Premium Flexible Silicone Turner Spatula
- 5. UpGood Silicone Spatula Set
- 6. GLOUE Silicone Spatula set
- 7. DI ORO Chef Series 3-Piece Silicone Turner Spatula Set
- 8. M Kitchen World Heat resistant Silicone spatulas set
- 9. UpGood Turner Set
- 10. Norpro Nylon 13-inch Nonstick Slotted Spatula
- 11. Chef Craft Select Stainless Steel Turner
- 12. Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula
- 13. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set
- 14. Daily Kitchen Spatula
- 15. VAPSINT Best Rubber Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas
- Spatula Buying Guide – What To Look For It?
- Spatula Cleaning & Caring Instructions
- Difference Between a Spatula and a Flipper or Turner
We took a list of highly reviewed spatulas from Amazon, and tested them out in our kitchen. We did chores that would emulate basic cooking tasks with the spatulas, ranging from scraping the bottom of a carbon steel wok to spreading a omelette on an omelette pan. We evaluated the ease to clean the soiled utensil, and the amount of scrubbing that was needed to remove egg stains off the edges. Finally, a panel of judges (ranging from Madison’s husband to her children) rated the spatulas tested from the easiest to hold to the hardest to hold. We also noted the heat resistance of each individual spatula, and verified the manufacturer’s claims by checking the silicone‘s ratings. It took awhile, but we have our best spatula now!
Top Selling Spatulas
You can find spatulas in different sizes, shapes and coatings. But silicone variant is the best. They are very strong and flexible. They can withstand over 400F of heat and they don’t have BPA and other harmful compounds. They also serve various purposes like sautéing, flipping, turning, and folding food items.
If you are looking for the best rated spatulas out there, you are at the right place. We have handpicked some of the best spatula sets to add convenience to your kitchen.
Best Buy Spatula Reviews For 2020
1. di Oro Living 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set
Whether you are mixing the dough of your favorite cookies, removing the last bit of food off your jar, making the ideal scrambled eggs or stirring homemade soup, this spatula is the best tool for all kitchens. This is a professional grade and award-winning 3-piece spatula set made of food-grade silicone. We especially love this as a fish spatula!
It serves multiple purposes to cook different kinds of food that you love. Di ORO is a leading brand which produces high performance, quality and stylish kitchen products. With so many under-performing and cheap spatulas out there, this spatula set is practical and high performing, which is built to last and being user-friendly at the same time.
- Made of BPA-free, LFGB certified, and FDA approved non-stick silicone
- Heat resistant up to 600 degree F.
- 3-piece set serves multiple purposes
- Easy to clean up
Editor Notes: Also read our 10 Best Omelette Pan Reviews to get an omelette pan that works well with it! We use this personally!
2. StarPack Silicone Spatula pack of four
StarPack Silicone Spatula set is one of the best and safest set of spatulas available in the market and is a perfect buy for the buyers who are looking forward to buying a safe and complete set of spatulas for their kitchen. The set is cleverly designed for the buyers and you won’t have to purchase any other spatula after investing in this set. Along with the brilliant design, it is also made from a safe material, making it a worthy spatula set for every homeowner. There are several other positive things too about the StarPack Silicone Spatula set that makes it a worthy purchase for almost every homemaker.
- Contains 4-pieces that perfectly manages all kitchen work
- One-piece design for better durability
- Guaranteed 100% BPA free construction
- Heat resistant up to 480F
3. Klopor 3-piece Omelets spatula
We all love eating fluffy omelets at home, but the thing that makes them tough to make is the way to deal with them perfectly. And as they can’t be handled by everyone perfectly, omelets are considered as one of the most tricky recipes to make at home. Klopor 3-piece omelet spatulas are the best spatulas to deal with the omelets. No matter what kind of recipe you are following, you can have perfectly cooked omelets by using this set of spatulas that are specially designed for dealing with omelets. The set contains 3-different sized spatulas that are designed for different needs. Along with the perfect design and handling, these spatulas are fairly easy to clean and maintain too. High heat resistance, easy usability, and lightweight design are a few of the USPs of the spatula set.
- Reliable build quality
- Different sized spatulas for different needs. Serves various other tasks
- Heat resistant up to 600F
- Easy to hold and use
4. Di Oro Chef Series Premium Flexible Silicone Turner Spatula
This is, indeed, the best flipper silicone spatula for your eggs and pancakes. Its rubber turner is heat resistant up to 600 degree F. This spatula from Di ORO is the best tool to finesse delicious salmon filet, fold omelet, flip the best pancake, or make delicious scrambled eggs. It is a versatile and simple tool used widely for different tasks so cooks can easily cook foods they love. You can easily cook the food without worrying about high heat as it won’t melt until it reaches 600 F.
- Best for sautéing, folding or flipping ingredients
- Hassle free to clean up
- Withstands heat up to 600 F
- Made of quality food-grade silicone
5. UpGood Silicone Spatula Set
UpGood Silicone spatula set includes four versatile items – 1 spoon spatula, 1 jar spatula, 1 large and 1 small spatula for baking, cooking and mixing. This one-piece design is highly heat resistant and non-stick with robust stainless steel base.
You can enjoy quality food always, whether you are baking, cooking, decorating or mixing food as it is FDA approved and BPA free. UpGood uses only safe and easy to use premium materials while making cookware. It won’t trap food items and it keeps performing day by day thanks to its stainless steel core and one-piece build. It won’t melt, warp or chip in dishwasher and it resists stains.
- Heat resistant up to 600 F
- Dishwasher safe
- Rust proof
- BPA free and FDA approved
6. GLOUE Silicone Spatula set
For the buyers who are looking forward to buying a spatula set that not only makes cooking easier but also provides a great way to organize the kitchen, the GLOUE spatula set will be a worthy buy. The set contains four different sized and colored spatulas that not only makes cooking easier but also provide the users to make cooking more organized than ever before. The spatulas are made up of silicone and can resist heat for better cooking efficiency. The ergonomically designed handle makes it a worthy set of spatulas for every kitchen. So, if you were looking for a great set that has brilliantly designed spatulas the look perfect and perform efficiently, the GLOUE Silicone Spatula set is a buy. Try your hands on it, and you won’t be disappointed by the design or performance of the spatula set.
- Different colored spatulas for better color-coded cooking
- Reliable and durable handle for efficient handling
- Heat resistant up to 450F
- Unique design for better cooking
7. DI ORO Chef Series 3-Piece Silicone Turner Spatula Set
DI ORO is a leading kitchen products brand creates widest range of products without any compromise on quality and attention to detail. DI Oro Chef series 3-piece turner spatula set has reinforced and flexible silicone blade to make cooking easy and fun.
It is also easier to flip your food items thanks to its ergonomic design. These spatulas are ideal for flipping pancakes, eggs, vegetables, and fish without having to scratch the cooking surface. It has stainless steel S-core so it can hold up to heavy use of professional cooks and home cooks without breaking like cheap plastic models.
- Highly heat resistant up to 600 F
- FDA approved, LFGB certified and BPA free silicone bonded to stainless steel
- Non-slip soft grip satin finish
8. M Kitchen World Heat resistant Silicone spatulas set
For the buyers who are looking forward to buying a perfect set of spatulas that has almost all types of spatulas to deal with daily kitchen needs, the M Kitchen World Heat resistant silicone spatulas will be an ideal choice. With ergonomically designed spatulas and brilliantly designed handles, these spatulas are perfect for being used in non-stick utensils and perfect usability.
These spatulas are easy to handle and clan and you can easily clean them in the dishwasher to make cleaning simple and hassle-free. So, if you were looking to buy a reliable and easy to use spatula set that works efficiently and is extremely easy to clean, the M Kitchen World heat resistant silicone spatula set will be an ideal choice for you.
- High-quality BPA Free material
- Non-stick utensil friendly design and material
- Can be used for every cooking needs
- Heat resistant up to 450F
9. UpGood Turner Set
These small and large spatula kitchen sets from UpGood are heat resistant and non-stick for flipping, cooking and pressing. This spatula set has two different spatulas to conduct all the culinary tasks you can. It is ideal for burgers, eggs, pancakes and pizza when Small Turner helps you to cook crepes, brownies, and to sauté and stir fry.
This tool is highly heat resistant, FDA approved and BPA free. It is made of premium quality materials so they are safe for your cookware and it is also easy to clean. It is made of flexible stainless steel paired with top quality silicone to have the ideal balance between execution and strength.
- Flexible stainless steel with top quality silicone
- Highly heat resistant
- Dishwasher safe
10. Norpro Nylon 13-inch Nonstick Slotted Spatula
Norpro Nylon 13-inch non-stick slotted spatula is a perfect go-to spatula to flip omelets, eggs, burgers, pancakes, hash browns, and more items. It features beveled head which glides well under quesadillas and it can transfer warm cookies from sheet of baking to rack of cooling. It is also soft enough to scrape bottom of pans and firm enough to remove eggs and fish safely. It resists heat up to 410 F. it has non-slip handles for great control with thumb grip. It is dishwasher safe and good for glass, non-stick, and enamel coated dishes.
- Safe for glass, non-stick, and enamel coated utensils
- Flip food items with beveled head
- Soft and firm enough to remove food items
11. Chef Craft Select Stainless Steel Turner
Nylon and plastic tools may often not do. Due to this reason, Chef Craft Select Stainless Steel Turner tool is a durable and sturdy solution to meet all your culinary requirements. It is best from canning to turning and it definitely has it all. It has robust plastic handle which is molded well to enhance comfort for a lot of hands. It is large enough to provide better grip and you can easily flip and stir as you like. Its head is made of stainless steel so it won’t rust even after heavy use. It will look as good as new no matter how many times it is washed.
- Easy to hold ergonomic handle
- Stainless steel body
- Slides under your food with ease
- Long lasting and durable
12. Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula
It is the all-silicone, original spatula which is easy to clean up, heat resistant and comes in different colors. Get It Right spatula is best for small bowls, food containers, sauce pans, jars, light mixing and icing. It is skinny enough to reach all of the thin and tall jars and scrape into the inner corners of the container.
It is the ultimate kitchen tool which has flexible and strong blade so you can easily maneuver liquid, food, wet batters and dry mixes. It is also made for serious home cooks and professional kitchens and is ideal for deep mixing pots and bowls.
- Heat resistant up to 550 F
- Heavy-duty unibody design
- BPA and BPS free
13. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set
This 3-piece silicone spatula set from OXO Good Grips has been designed for non-stick bakeware and cookware. It has one white Medium Spatula, one Green small spatula and one raspberry spoon spatula. You can scrape foods from jars with small spatula, clean bowls with rounded edge and push batters on corners with square edge on medium spatula, and stir or taste with spoon spatula.
- Long lasting and durable and heat resistant up to 600 F
- Ideal for mixing, stirring, scooping and scraping
- Comfortable, soft non-slip grip
- Safe for non-stick, coated surface
14. Daily Kitchen Spatula
For the buyers who are looking forward to buying an all-purpose spatula that can easily help you in daily kitchen needs and is made up highly durable material for longer durability and higher efficiency, this Slotted spatula from Daily kitchen will be an ideal buy.
The spatula is made up of a brilliant blend of silicone and stainless steel that make it a worthy buy for the people who are looking for a durable spatula in comparison with the cheap plastic spatulas available in the market.
- A perfect blend of steel handle and silicone head for better cooking and durability
- Heat resistant up to 450F
- BPA Free silicone head
15. VAPSINT Best Rubber Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas
VAPSINT Best Rubber Heat Resistant Silicone Spatula is the best gift for professional chefs and home cooks. It is non-stick spatula which simply needs less oil and butter before baking, while reducing amount of fat in prepared food item. It is also the best tool to smooth or spread frostings and pastes thinly with its flexible and thin corners.
- Heat resistant to withstand up to 600 F.
- Comfortable and firm grip
- Easy to clean up
Spatula Buying Guide – What To Look For It?
A Spatula is something without which a kitchen would be incomplete. In the beginning, Spatula’s been limited to one or two designs and was made of a common material only. But, today we have more than a dozen type of spatula which is designed for a specific use and made of different types of material. Here is a buying guide that could help you select the best spatula today.
a. As mentioned above, unlike in the old days, there are different types of spatula’s available on the market, each designed for a specific purpose or use
- Fish Spatula – A fish spatula is one of the most used Spatula, unlike any other spatula this spatula comes with a slotted head that allows the user turn or transfer any content from a pan or from anywhere without the fluid. This type of spatula is best recommended for tricky scenarios as it comes with sharp edges and angled head.
- Scraper – As the name suggests, a scraper spatula is designed in such a way that it could scrape every last bit of sauce, masala, or batter from a pan/bowl/jar with ease. In other words, the scraper spatula resembles the traditional spatula.
- Turner – A turner is the real Spatula, like the scraper a turner could be used for several purposes. It could be used to stir, flip, scraping, and for serving at the same time. A tuner spatula is cheaper than most of the above listed and below listed Spatula as they are simple and does not have any complicated structure.
- Frosting – Are you planning to bake a cake? Do you need something that could help you mix; apply the cream on a cake? Then, the frosting spatula could help you. It comes in a special design that makes it easy to apply the cream, cut, and serve the cake at the same time.
b. Spatulas are made of different materials today. It could be made of any of the material listed below.
- Silicone – Silicone is the latest type of material used to make a spatula. Silicone could withstand high heat and we recommend that you purchase silicone made scraper as a silicone scraper is the most efficient in scraping custards, batters, and sauces.
- Metal – Metal is the traditional material used to make spatulas. Metal spatulas are best efficient to turn, flip, or serve roasted or fried fish, meat, beef, or any other food. However, this type of spatula is comparatively heavier than other spatulas.
- Plastic – We do not recommend purchasing a plastic spatula, but, plastic spatulas could be lightweight, but, they are less resistant to heat and could curl or bend under certain circumstances.
- Wood – Wooden spatulas are best recommended if you are using a non-stick pan or bowl, they are best efficient for scraping and they do not bend or curl under heat. However, if the wooden spatulas are not cleaned after every use, it could prove unhealthy.
c. Now, you know the different types of a spatula based on their design and the type of material; however, it is not just the material and designs those matters, the flexibility matters. When it comes to flexibility, each purpose demands different spatula flexibility, the flexibility should not be too high or too less. If you have already used a spatula and if you know how flexible the spatula should be, then, check the specification and select the material accordingly.
d. Apart from the types of spatula, type of material used to spatula, and flexibility. Brand reputation does matter, top brands use genuine materials and these materials would be free of any chemicals and comes guaranteed against any health issues.
Spatula Cleaning & Caring Instructions
Regardless of the type or material of the spatula, cleaning it periodically and caring for it is very important. We recommend that you do not use Silicone spatula where fish spatula is required and frosting spatula with spicy food. As mentioned once, each spatula should be used for the purpose it is designed for only. With this being told, cleaning the spatula is important, here is how to do it.
Step 1: If you are using a silicone spatula, make sure that you clean them after every use. Once, you are done using the spatula, dip it in warm water
Step 2: Take a sponge or soft cloth and wipe off the food deposits on it
Step 3: if you find the food deposits still sticking on the spatula, then dip the spatula in the water again and then wipe with clean cloth or sponge
Step 4: If you using a wooden spatula, after each use, it should be given extra care.
Step 5: once, you are done using the wooden spatula, dip the spatula in water
Step 6: wipe clean the spatula with a scrubber, or a cloth
Step 7: repeat the process if you find any food deposit sticking on the surface
Step 8: once done cleaning, dry the spatula and rub the wooden spatula with some mineral oil and store it somewhere.
In the case of metal or plastic spatula, extra care is not necessary, all you need to do is dip the spatula in water and wipe clean it.
The buying guide mentioned above is quoted in such a way that the user could easily select the best and appropriate spatula. Always remember to read the customer reviews before purchasing any product.
Difference Between a Spatula and a Flipper or Turner
The name spatula is related to the tool named spades. According to the Oxford Dictionary, the spatula is a tool that has a flat end, which helps to mix, spread, turn, and scrap. Most of the people get confused between spatula and turner. That’s why we are here to help you out that below mentioned are the definition of both utensils.
Spatula – The spatula is a flat-faced utensil that is used in cooking. The spatula was invented or coined by John Spaduala. An ordinary spatula is usually eight inches long, which helps the person not to burn their hands while cooking. There are many differences between a spatula and flipper-like, holes and slots.
Mainly, the spatula is made with metal or wood, which makes it easy for spreading things. It has a narrow face, which helps to turn the stuff while cooking. With the benefits that spatulas bring, it is a must-have tool for the kitchen
Flipper or Turner – As the name describes itself, a flipper is used to flip food. It consists of a long handle which helps you when you are cooking in a frying pan. It has a broad flat blade, which makes an easy turning. Some of the people call it pancake turner or burger flipper. Such turner is made of silicone or rubber. The primary purpose of this utensil is to flipping things over like pancakes, eggs, cakes, and many.
As compared to the spatula, the flipper has a broad face and a long handle. Usually people got confused when they buy one. Different kind of spatula and turners comes with their specialty. So, if you are confused that which should you buy, Know the purpose of what you are buying for.
When there are so many quality spatulas out there, why would you use awkward and unreliable products? You no longer need to replace poor quality products that stain, warp, break, or damage the surfaces of other cooking utensils. Choose one of these recommended spatula sets to ensure a durable and safe service in the long run.
They are made of safe and high quality silicone, so they are easy to clean, have a non-stick and smooth surface, and can withstand high temperature. They also come in different beautiful designs. You will have a versatile item for different needs and as they are all highly rated and have positive reviews.
Editor’s note: Article is originally published at November 2019, and have been updated for accuracy and typos on January 2020.
Last update on 2020-09-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API