Though it may seem nothing, but spatula has a lot of importance in your kitchen. Flipping or turning food items has never been so easier with spatula. This simple utensil plays a vital role in the longevity of your pots, pans and other utensils. A bad one with rigid and hard edges can scrape its surface and spoil non-stick coating or even cause corrosion or rust.
Food may stick on the ruined surface and it also becomes hard to clean. You can find spatula in different sizes, shapes and materials. But silicone variant is the best. They are very strong and flexible. They can withstand over 400F of heat and they don’t have BPA and other harmful compounds. They also serve various purposes like sautéing, flipping, turning, and folding food items.
If you are looking for the best spatulas out there, you are at the right place. We have handpicked some of the best spatula sets to add convenience to your kitchen.
Best Spatula For Kitchen Reviews For 2019
1. di Oro Living 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set
Whether you are mixing dough of your favorite cookie, removing the last bit of food off your jar, making the ideal scrambled eggs or stirring homemade soup, spatula is the best tool for all kitchens. This is professional grade and award-winning 3-piece spatula set made of food-grade silicone.
It serves multiple purposes to cook foods you love. Di ORO is a leading brand which produces high performance, quality and stylish kitchen products. With so many under-performing and cheap spatulas out there, this spatula set is practical and high performing solution which is built to last and user-friendly.
- Made of BPA-free, LFGB certified, and FDA approved non-stick silicone
- Heat resistant up to 600 degree F.
- 3-piece set serves multiple purposes
- Easy to clean up
Also Read: 10 Best Omelette Pan Reviews 2019
2. Di Oro Chef Series Premium Flexible Silicone Turner Spatula
This is, indeed, the best flipper silicone spatula for your eggs and pancakes. Its rubber turner is heat resistant up to 600 degree F. This spatula from Di ORO is the best tool to finesse delicious salmon filet, fold omelet, flip the best pancake, or make delicious scrambled eggs. It is a versatile and simple tool used widely for different tasks so cooks can easily cook foods they love. You can easily cook the food without worrying about high heat as it won’t melt until it reaches 600 F.
- Best for sautéing, folding or flipping ingredients
- Hassle free to clean up
- Withstands heat up to 600 F
- Made of quality food-grade silicone
3. UpGood Silicone Spatula Set
UpGood Silicone spatula set includes four versatile items – 1 spoon spatula, 1 jar spatula, 1 large and 1 small spatula for baking, cooking and mixing. This one-piece design is highly heat resistant and non-stick with robust stainless steel base.
You can enjoy quality food always, whether you are baking, cooking, decorating or mixing food as it is FDA approved and BPA free. UpGood uses only safe and easy to use premium materials while making cookware. It won’t trap food items and it keeps performing day by day thanks to its stainless steel core and one-piece build. It won’t melt, warp or chip in dishwasher and it resists stains.
- Heat resistant up to 600 F
- Dishwasher safe
- Rust proof
- BPA free and FDA approved
4. DI ORO Chef Series 3-Piece Silicone Turner Spatula Set
DI ORO is a leading kitchen products brand creates widest range of products without any compromise on quality and attention to detail. DI Oro Chef series 3-piece turner spatula set has reinforced and flexible silicone blade to make cooking easy and fun.
It is also easier to flip your food items thanks to its ergonomic design. These spatulas are ideal for flipping pancakes, eggs, vegetables, and fish without having to scratch the cooking surface. It has stainless steel S-core so it can hold up to heavy use of professional cooks and home cooks without breaking like cheap plastic models.
- Highly heat resistant up to 600 F
- FDA approved, LFGB certified and BPA free silicone bonded to stainless steel
- Non-slip soft grip satin finish
5. UpGood Turner Set
These small and large spatula kitchen sets from UpGood are heat resistant and non-stick for flipping, cooking and pressing. This spatula set has two different spatulas to conduct all the culinary tasks you can. It is ideal for burgers, eggs, pancakes and pizza when Small Turner helps you to cook crepes, brownies, and to sauté and stir fry.
This tool is highly heat resistant, FDA approved and BPA free. It is made of premium quality materials so they are safe for your cookware and it is also easy to clean. It is made of flexible stainless steel paired with top quality silicone to have the ideal balance between execution and strength.
- Flexible stainless steel with top quality silicone
- Highly heat resistant
- Dishwasher safe
6. Norpro Nylon 13-inch Nonstick Slotted Spatula
Norpro Nylon 13-inch non-stick slotted spatula is a perfect go-to spatula to flip omelets, eggs, burgers, pancakes, hash browns, and more items. It features beveled head which glides well under quesadillas and it can transfer warm cookies from sheet of baking to rack of cooling. It is also soft enough to scrape bottom of pans and firm enough to remove eggs and fish safely. It resists heat up to 410 F. it has non-slip handles for great control with thumb grip. It is dishwasher safe and good for glass, non-stick, and enamel coated dishes.
- Safe for glass, non-stick, and enamel coated utensils
- Flip food items with beveled head
- Soft and firm enough to remove food items
7. Chef Craft Select Stainless Steel Turner
Nylon and plastic tools may often not do. Due to this reason, Chef Craft Select Stainless Steel Turner tool is a durable and sturdy solution to meet all your culinary requirements. It is best from canning to turning and it definitely has it all. It has robust plastic handle which is molded well to enhance comfort for a lot of hands. It is large enough to provide better grip and you can easily flip and stir as you like. Its head is made of stainless steel so it won’t rust even after heavy use. It will look as good as new no matter how many times it is washed.
- Easy to hold ergonomic handle
- Stainless steel body
- Slides under your food with ease
- Long lasting and durable
8. Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula
It is the all-silicone, original spatula which is easy to clean up, heat resistant and comes in different colors. Get It Right spatula is best for small bowls, food containers, sauce pans, jars, light mixing and icing. It is skinny enough to reach all of the thin and tall jars and scrape into the inner corners of the container.
It is the ultimate kitchen tool which has flexible and strong blade so you can easily maneuver liquid, food, wet batters and dry mixes. It is also made for serious home cooks and professional kitchens and is ideal for deep mixing pots and bowls.
- Heat resistant up to 550 F
- Heavy-duty unibody design
- BPA and BPS free
9. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set
This 3-piece silicone spatula set from OXO Good Grips has been designed for non-stick bakeware and cookware. It has one white Medium Spatula, one Green small spatula and one raspberry spoon spatula. You can scrape foods from jars with small spatula, clean bowls with rounded edge and push batters on corners with square edge on medium spatula, and stir or taste with spoon spatula.
- Long lasting and durable and heat resistant up to 600 F
- Ideal for mixing, stirring, scooping and scraping
- Comfortable, soft non-slip grip
- Safe for non-stick, coated surface
10. VAPSINT Best Rubber Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas
VAPSINT Best Rubber Heat Resistant Silicone Spatula is best gift for professional chefs and home cooks. It is non-stick spatula which simply needs less oil and butter before baking, while reducing amount of fat in prepared food item. It is also the best tool to smooth or spread frostings and pastes thinly with its flexible and thin corners.
- Heat resistant to withstand up to 600 F.
- Comfortable and firm grip
- Easy to clean up
Spatula Buying Guide, Clean & Caring Instructions
A Spatula is something without which a kitchen would be incomplete. In the beginning, Spatula’s been limited to one or two designs and was made of a common material only. But, today we have more than a dozen type of spatula which is designed for a specific use and made of different types of material. Here is a buying guide that could help you select the best spatula today.
a. As mentioned above, unlike old days, there are different types of spatula’s available on the market, each designed for a specific purpose or use
- Fish Spatula – A fish spatula is one of the most used Spatula, unlike any other spatula this spatula comes with a slotted head that allows the user turn or transfer any content from a pan or from anywhere without the fluid. This type of spatula is best recommended for tricky scenarios as it comes with sharp edges and angled head.
- Scraper – As the name suggests, a scraper spatula is designed in such a way that it could scrape every last bit of sauce, masala, or batter from a pan/bowl/jar with ease. In other words, the scraper spatula resembles the traditional spatula.
- Turner – A turner is the real Spatula, like the scraper a turner could be used for several purposes. It could be used to stir, flip, scraping, and for serving at the same time. A tuner spatula is cheaper than most of the above listed and below listed Spatula as they are simple and does not have any complicated structure.
- Frosting – Are you planning to bake a cake? Do you need something that could help you mix; apply the cream on a cake? Then, the frosting spatula could help you. It comes in a special design that makes applying a cream, cutting, and serving the cake at the same time easy.
b. Spatula could be made of different materials today. It could be made of any of the material listed below.
- Silicone – Silicone is the latest type of material used to make a spatula. Silicone could withstand high heat and we recommend that you purchase silicone made scraper as a silicone scraper is the most efficient in scraping custards, batters, and sauces.
- Metal – Metal is the traditional material used to make spatulas. Metal spatulas are best efficient to turn, flip, or serve roasted or fried fish, meat, beef, or any other food. However, this type of spatula is comparatively heavier than other spatulas.
- Plastic – We do not recommend purchasing a plastic spatula, but, plastic spatulas could be lightweight, but, they are less resistant to heat and could curl or bend under certain circumstances.
- Wood – Wooden spatulas are best recommended if you are using a non-stick pan or bowl, they are best efficient for scraping and they do not bend or curl under heat. However, if the wooden spatulas are not cleaned after every use, it could prove unhealthy.
c. Now, you know the different types of a spatula based on their design and the type of material; however, it is not just the material and designs those matters, the flexibility matters. When it comes to flexibility, each purpose demands different spatula flexibility, the flexibility should not be too high or too less. If you have already used a spatula and if you know how flexible the spatula should be, then, check the specification and select the material accordingly.
d. Apart from the types of spatula, type of material used to spatula, and flexibility. Brand reputation does matter, top brands use genuine materials and these materials would be free of any chemicals and comes guaranteed against any health issues.
Spatula Cleaning & Caring Instructions
Let it be any type of spatula or let it be made of any material cleaning it periodically and caring it is very important. We recommend that you do not use Silicone spatula where fish spatula is required and frosting spatula with spicy food. As mentioned once, each spatula should be used for the purpose it is designed for only. With this being told, cleaning the spatula is important, here is how to do it.
Step 1: If you are using a silicone spatula, make sure that you clean them after every use. Once, you are done using the spatula, dip it in warm water
Step 2: Take a sponge or soft cloth and wipe off the food deposits on it
Step 3: if you find the food deposits still sticking on the spatula, then dip the spatula in the water again and then wipe with clean cloth or sponge
Step 4: If you using a wooden spatula, after each use, it should be given extra care.
Step 5: once, you are done using the wooden spatula, dip the spatula in water
Step 6: wipe clean the spatula with a scrubber, or a cloth
Step 7: repeat the process if you find any food deposit sticking on the surface
Step 8: once done cleaning, dry the spatula and rub the wooden spatula with some mineral oil and store it somewhere.
In the case of metal or plastic spatula, extra care is not necessary, all you need to do is dip the spatula in water and wipe clean it.
The buying guide mentioned above is quoted in such a way that the user could easily select the best and appropriate spatula. Always remember to read the customer reviews before purchasing any product.
When there are so many quality spatulas out there, why would you use awkward and unreliable products? You no longer need to replace poor quality products as they stained, warped, broke, stained or damaging the surfaces of cooking utensils. Choose one of these spatula sets to ensure durable and safe service in the long run.
They are made of safe and high quality silicone and they come in beautiful design so they are easy to clean, have non-stick and smooth surface, and can withstand high temperature.
You can also have a versatile item for different needs and they all are high rated and have positive reviews.
Table of Contents
- Best Spatula For Kitchen Reviews For 2019
- 1. di Oro Living 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set
- 2. Di Oro Chef Series Premium Flexible Silicone Turner Spatula
- 3. UpGood Silicone Spatula Set
- 4. DI ORO Chef Series 3-Piece Silicone Turner Spatula Set
- 5. UpGood Turner Set
- 6. Norpro Nylon 13-inch Nonstick Slotted Spatula
- 7. Chef Craft Select Stainless Steel Turner
- 8. Get It Right GIRSPU303RED Spatula
- 9. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Silicone Spatula Set
- 10. VAPSINT Best Rubber Heat Resistant Silicone Spatulas
- Spatula Buying Guide, Clean & Caring Instructions
- Spatula Cleaning & Caring Instructions