Whether it is chocolate, marshmallow, fruits or honey butter waffle, you can enjoy any dessert that you desire when you have the right cookware. In today’s article, we are bringing in a variation to your all-time favorite waffle – stroopwafel. A stroopwafel is a local delicacy from Dutch in which you can enjoy thin, caramel-filled waffle cookies. How did this delicacy invented in the first place then? It is a creative invention by the bakers as they wish to put scraps and crumbs into a better purpose. Thus, they created stroopwafels by sweetening the scraps and crumbs with syrup.
To make a perfect stroopwafel, you would certainly need the stroopwafel iron or the thin waffle maker. If you wonder whether you really need this cookware, we recommend to any of you who always crave for little dessert and to any homemakers and café owners who wish to bring a fresh variety to their daily meal ideas. To further enrich your meal preparation journey, you should also invest on other kitchenware for breakfast preparation.
Now, read on to find out more on the differences between a Belgian waffle and a stroopwafel, easy steps to make stroopwafels and tips to care for your beloved stroopwafel iron.
Top Selling Stroopwafel Maker
Table of Contents
What to Make Tonight – A Belgian Waffle Or A Stroopwafel?
If you are uncertain of whether to make your loved ones a Belgian waffle or a stroopwafel, we are here to offer you the solution. First, you need to recognise the differences of a Belgian waffle and a stroopwafel to determine the suitable time to prepare any of them.
As compared to the stroopwafel, a Belgian waffle is usually thicker and larger. You can personally adjust the browning settings to get a fluffy or crispy Belgian waffle. The Belgian waffle can come in square, rectangular, or round shapes depending on the Belgian waffle maker. They also have deep pockets for syrups and delicious toppings like fruits and ice cream. You can even apply Nutella or jam spread onto the Belgian waffle. For some waffle enthusiasts, they even include proper ingredients such as vegetables and meat into the Belgian waffle. This makes the Belgian waffle suitable for proper meals and also snack times.
On the other side, a stroopwafel is thinner and crispier. It is filled with caramel syrup which makes it a perfect choice for any sweet tooth. Rather than being served as main dish, a stroopwafel is best served as dessert or tea time delicacy. So, if you are on your way to host a tea party at home, you should really learn up the steps to prepare this heavenly sweet dessert. Read on to find out the easy steps involved.
Easy Steps On How to Make Heartwarming Stroopwafels
To make 10 servings of stroopwafels, you need to prepare the ingredients for both the waffle cookies and the filling. For the cookies, you will need 1.1 pound of plain flour, 0.55 pound of melted butter, 0.33 pound of caster sugar, 4 and a half dried active baking yeast, 60 ml lukewarm milk and an egg. As for the filling, you will need 0.77 pounds of dark corn syrup, 0.44 pound of brown sugar, 0.11 pound of butter and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
First, knead dough by combining the ingredients of the waffle cookies like the flour, melted butter, sugar, yeast, milk and egg in a large bowl. When you have a smooth and elastic dough, you can set it aside for 45-minute rising. Next, heat and mix all the ingredients of the filling well in a saucepan over medium heat.
Then, you should preheat your stroopwafel maker. Knead your dough into balls that fit the size of your waffle iron. Close the lid to cook the waffles until they are golden brown. To remove the waffle, you should use a spatula and cut off the edges with a round cutter (like a pizza cutter for example) to make a perfect circle. Spilt each waffle into two halves while it is hot. Lastly, simply apply the filling on one half and cover it with another half.
As the key to making perfect stroopwafels is a stroopwafel maker, you should really consider investing on a functioning stroopwafel maker. If you are tired of searching through a vast variety of models available in the market, we offer you a detailed review on the best buy stroopwafel makers. Read on and get yourself the best stroopwafel making experience.
This excellent stroopwafel recipe is brought to you by AllRecipes.
Best Buy Stroopwafel Maker Review 2020
1. BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker
- Nonstick Reversible Cooking Plates - The removable nonstick grill plates are easy to clean and tough enough to handle any meal you wish to create. Do not place them in a Dishwasher
- 180 Degree Hinge - The unique hinge doubles the available cooking area, giving you a large, flat griddle surface for more cooking options
- Adjustable Temperature Controls
- Multiple Servings - The 8x8” cooking surface has room for four servings. You can make up to eight servings when you lay the top of appliance flat
- Versatile three-in-one appliance: waffle maker, grill, griddle. Grids bake four waffles and reverse for top-and-bottom sandwich grilling. Top folds back to create two 8-inch-square griddles for pancakes, eggs, etc.. Variable heat control; nonstick cooking surfaces wipe clean. Chrome housing and stay-cool black handles; stands upright for storage
- Product Dimension: 14” x 13.1” x 6.2”
- Weight: 8.57 pounds
- Features non-stick surface and varied temperature control
- Comes with grease runoff channels
- Not suitable for washing in the dishwasher
Every time we invest in a cookware, we always hope to get the best and the most out of the cookware. So, here’s the best multi- functional stroopwafel maker – the BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 Waffle Maker. Functioning as a waffle baker, a grill, and a griddle, you can prepare your breakfast, lunch and dinner hassle-free with a variety of meal ideas. On top of this, you can prepare a variety of dishes at one time. While you are preparing your stroopwafel, you can flip the flat sides for grilling a sandwich and even steak.
Featuring a non-stick surface, you can enjoy a large griddle space as the top can be opened flat for two 8-inch-square cooking surfaces. So, be well-assured that you can enjoy different dishes at a time with easy cleaning. Not to miss about having a perfectly cooked and released stroopwafels. To enable you to take control of the browning level, this stroopwafel iron also comes with a heat control. You can adjust for high, low, and medium temperatures. If you strive for a healthy living, this thin wafle maker is a guarantee as it comes with grease runoff channels to drain away excessive oil and food residue.
To ensure safe and comfortable grip, this stroopwafel iron features chrome housing, stay-cool black synthetic handles and little metal clips. If you are concerned about the loose plates, worry not; the metal clips will certainly secure the plates to the griddle.
2. All-Clad Stainless Steel Classic Round Waffle Maker
- Features 7 adjustable levels of toasting shade, so your waffle’s as crispy as you like it
- Automatically alerts you when you need to pour batter or when your waffle is done
- Coated with a PFOA-free nonstick material that helps waffles slide right off
- Makes 2 square-shaped waffles at a time
- Unique and Sophisticated Design. Easy to cut sections and extra deep pockets to enjoy your waffles with any type of toppings. For inspiration, a recipe virtual booklet is available to download below
- Dimension: 10” x 7” x 13.5”
- Weight: 3 pounds
- Material: highly polished stainless steel
- Features steam-release system and non-stick cooking surface
- Comes with ready indicator light and 7 browning levels
Now is the time to spoil yourself with the best splurge-worthy stroopwafel iron – the All-Clad Stainless Steel Classic Round Waffle Maker. With its advanced heating technology, you can serve perfect stroopwafels with the 7 adjustable browning levels. In addition to consistent heating, you can also prepare caramel crunchy stroopwafels with its steam-release system.
You should not be worried about the perfect cooking time as this highly polished stainless steel thin waffle maker comes with green indicator light and also an audible signal. Hear that indicator sound and serve the piping hot waffles. As this thin waffle maker also comes with a compact size and a locking latch, you can easily store it in a vertical position.
The All-Clad Stainless Steel Classic Round Waffle Maker is surely the one which guarantees you with superior performance. We love All-Clad products as they’re All-American, and they simply exude quality as evidenced by our stainless steel cookware reviews.
3. Palmer Electric Belgian Cookie Iron
- Dimensions: 14.9 x 10.3 x 3.8”
- Weight: 5.19 pounds
- Features cast aluminum plates
- Made in USA
“Perfect iron for stroopwafles!”
“Excellent replacement from the older non-electrified cookie maker”
These heartfelt comments from the users will guarantee you for the best reviewed stroopwafel iron – the Palmer Electric Belgian Cookie Iron. Made in USA, this thin waffle maker is uniquely designed for making you and your loved ones thin crispy Belgian cookies. You and your loved ones will certainly indulge in the true delight of having a delicate crisp cookie.
Featuring cast iron plates and body, this stroopwafel iron is built to be durable and sturdy. With this thin waffle maker, you can bake two thin and crisp Belgian cookies at a time. Affordably priced for every homemaker, you ought to put the Palmer Electric Belgian Cookie Iron into your shopping cart. Note that this product even comes with a 5-year guarantee.
4. Oster Belgian Waffle Maker
- Belgian waffle maker with titanium-infused DuraCeramic nonstick coating lasts 8x longer than ordinary nonstick coatings
- Natural, PTFE- and PFOA-free ceramic coating won't flake or peel and cleans easily
- Cooks up to 30% faster to save time and energy
- Adjustable temperature control lets you make light and fluffy or crispy waffles
- Polished chrome housing for an elegant design
- Dimension: 4” x 10” x 8”
- Weight: 3.19 pounds
- Material: stainless steel housing
- Features 8 inch nonstick round plates
- Comes with adjustable temperature control and safe-to-touch handle
Never compensate your dessert experience with your limited budget as we offer you the best budget pick thin waffle maker – the Oster Belgian Waffle Maker. Featuring an 8-inch nonstick plate and stainless steel housing, you can release waffles easily and clean the maker with minimal effort.
As the stroopwafel iron comes with an adjustable temperature control, you can personally customize heat while cooking for different types of finishes and batters. So, whether you are creating fluffy waffles or crispy stroopwafles, you can serve the perfect waffle with its indicator lights. Its clear display will show you whether the power is on and whether it is ready to bake.
For a firm grip to serve your stroopwafel, this stroopwafel iron also features a safe-to-touch handle. So, wait no more to get this Oster Belgian Waffle Maker for your wonderful waffle-making journey.
5. Yabano Sandwich Maker, Waffle Maker, Sandwich Grill
- 3 IN 1 Sandwich Maker - Comes with 3 removable plates(8.46 x 5.71 inch), sandwich, waffle, and grill plates. You can make quick and decilious meals at any time ot the day.
- HASSLE-FREE CLEANING - Panini press sandwich maker with removable plates and Nonstick coating, makes it very easy to clean - simply wipe them clean with a damp cloth once they’ve cooled.
- SANDWICH IN A MINUTES - Sandwich toaster is powered by 750W, you can enjoy yummy food in a minutes. Save your time of making breadfast!
- ARE SANDIWCH READY? - Don't worry! The indicator lights will let know when sandwiches are ready !
- IF you receive defective item or not satisfied with our product, please contact us, we will try our best to help you and give you the best solution.
- Dimension: 12.5” x 8” x 4.5”
- Weight: 5.34 pounds
- Comes with 3 sets of detachable heating plates
- Features non-stick coating and indicator lights
- Power: 800 Watts; Voltage: 110V-120V
We truly understand the need to get a product that serves you in multiple ways. Here’s the most versatile stroopwafel iron – the Yabano Sandwich Maker, Waffle Maker, Sandwich Grill. Coming with 3 detachable heating plates, you can not only make your stroopwafel on this cookware, you can even prepare sandwich, grilled steak and chicken. You are guaranteed with easy food release as these plates comes with non-stick coating. You can also clean it efficiently by simply wiping clean the plate surface with soft damp cloth after use. Mind that these heating plates are suitable for washing in the dishwasher too.
Constructed with stainless steel case and lid with closure, you can grip this thin versatile thin waffle maker firmly with its anti-slip feet heat-proof handle. To indicate whether the plate is ready for cooking or it is switched on, this thin waffle maker also features power on and preheat lights. To ensure its durability, you should pay attention to the temperature while cooking and make sure you unplug the cookware after use.
You can be rest assured with your cooking experience with this stroopwafel iron as its high-power output will serve your with its uniform heating technology. Give you and your family an opportunity to enjoy luxurious breakfast with the Yabano 3-in-1 Waffle Maker.
6. Chefman Anti-Overflow Belgian Waffle Maker
- UNIQUE DESIGN: Unique award winning, innovative, patent pending design with anti-leaking system seals in batter while cooking, resulting in mess-free & stress-free waffles. The updated waffle plates make for better batter flow and more even cooking! Perfect for holiday themed waffles on a cozy Saturday morning!
- 1-2-3 OPERATION: Simply twist pour-spout into base and, pour batter using included measuring cup (watch batter bubble up like lava!), and enjoy! Note that some batters may need adjustment to thickness or density to get the desired perfect waffle
- ENDLESS RECIPE OPTIONS: With the Chefman Perfect Pour Volcano Waffle Belgian Maker, there are unlimited options of recipes to create a delicious breakfast, lunch or even dinner! Create waffles like the classic, chocolate, buttermilk, banana nut, oatmeal, chocolate chip, pizza, cinnamon roll, and so much more!
- EASY CLEANING & STORAGE: Designed with a store-able pouring spout on the base of the unit used to guide down the batter evenly - non-stick spray not required! Use the included cleaning tool to scrape excess batter out of the pour spout. FREE measuring cup and spout fits in the base. The waffle maker can be stored in vertical position so you can easily store it in your cabinet or pantry.
- RESOURCES: UL approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year assurance provided by Chefman, so you can purchase worry-free - we've got your back! For information on how to use your product, scroll down for a PDF User Guide. 700 Watts/120 Volts
- Weight: 4.11 pounds
- Features anti-overflow channel and 7 shade settings
- Comes with extra-strong non-stick coating
- Functions on 700 Watts/120 Volts
“One of the best thin waffle makers I’ve ever used. Everything is well constructed …”
This is a review from the user of the best value stroopwafel iron – the Chefman Anti-Overflow Belgian Waffle Maker. Featuring 7 shade settings, you can prepare waffles along with your preference. If you want a crispier one, simply choose the higher setting. Don’t worry with overflowed batter as this stroopwafel iron comes with a wrap-around channel to catch any excess batter. So, no more overflowing or leaking batter for your clean countertop. In addition, you will also receive a complimentary measuring cup for convenient pouring.
With this cookware, you can always serve perfectly cooked waffles as the plate comes with extra-strong non-stick coating. Simply wipe the exterior and interior plates with a damp cloth for easy cleaning. Not to mention about its safety and storage as this thin waffle maker comes with 1-year assurance and it can be stored in a vertical position.
Be a successful breakfast enthusiast with the Chefman Anti-Overflow Belgian Waffle Maker. You will be able to create delicious stroopwafel with other dishes like oatmeal, cinnamon roll and many more.
7. Burgess Brothers ChurWaffle Maker
- ✅ EASY TO USE - No Messy Sprays, No Removable Trays, No Scrapers, No Hassle!
- WHAT'S A CHURWAFFLE: Invented by the Burgess Brothers, a churwaffle is a combination of a cornbread waffle and a churro; Inspired by their grandmother's cornbread recipe, they added churro spices to it for Mexican flavor, and prepared in waffle form!
- EASY USE AND CLEANUP: No messy sprays, no removable trays, no scrapers, no hassle!
- RECIPE IDEA: Top your churwaffles with whipped cream for a sweet dessert; For dinner try ChurWaffles and Chicken!
- Dimension: 12.3” x 9.2” x 5”
- Weight: 3.74 pounds
- Features non-stick coating
We assure you that you can enjoy stroopwafel even you are on diet with the best diet-compliant stroopwafel iron – the Burgess Brothers ChurWaffle Maker. Featuring its premium non-stick plates, you can prepare 4 mini waffles at one time. This thin waffle maker is ideal for all waffle and pancake batters. Not only that, you can enjoy convenient cleaning without any messy spray or scrapers.
One of the prime features of this stroopwafel iron is that it serves you a special recipe – churwaffle. Inspired by their grandmother’s cornbread recipe, a churwaffle is a combination of a cornbread waffle and a churro. So, grab this Burgess Brothers ChurWaffle Maker to serve your loved ones with irresistible stroopwafel and churwaffle.
If you are also a pancake enthusiast, click into our detailed review on the best pancake griddles that serve you the best pancakes.
8. Dash Mini Maker
- MORE THAN WAFFLES: Make your favorite breakfast classics, or get creative with waffled hash browns, cookies and even biscuit pizzas. Any batter will “waffle” into single serving portions. Great for families or on the go.
- MINI IS MIGHTY: With a 4” nonstick cooking surface, this is a MUST-HAVE for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm, or camper/RV and stores easily in a kitchen cabinet or drawer.
- MINI IS MIGHTY: With a 4” nonstick cooking surface, this is a MUST-HAVE for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm, or camper/RV and stores easily in a kitchen cabinet or drawer.WAFFLY EASY: Simply plug it in and go; the Waffle Maker heats up in minutes. Dual non-stick surfaces provide an even cook for consistent results and delicious golden waffles every time. Nonstick surfaces make cleanup a snap.
- WAFFLY EASY: Simply plug it in and go; the Waffle Maker heats up in minutes. Dual non-stick surfaces provide an even cook for consistent results and delicious golden waffles every time. Nonstick surfaces make cleanup a snap.
- INCLUDES: The DASH Mini Waffle Maker includes one Mini Waffle Maker and Recipe Guide so you can get cooking right away
- Dimension: 5” x 6” x 2.8”
- Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Features dual non-stick surfaces and indicator light
- Comes with non-slip feet
Everyone deserves a wonderful dessert experience, even when you are staying alone! Here’s the best compact stroopwafel iron – the Dash Mini Maker. Featuring a 4-inch cooking surfaces for single portions, you can prepare stroopwafles, paninis, hash browns, and even biscuit pizzas. Due to its lightweight feature, you can even bring it along for your camping or outdoor travelling while fitting your small apartment and mini countertop.
As this thin waffle maker is constructed with dual non-stick surfaces, you are guaranteed with even cooking for consistent results. Simply plug in the waffle maker to heat and wait for the indicator light to tell you that it is ready for you to pour the batter and enjoy the savory stroopwafel. Looking into the safety issue, the stroopwafel iron comes with non-slip feet for stable positioning on your countertop.
The Dash Mini Maker is certainly your ideal choice as it is assured with superior performance and sleek design. You will be amazed by how its trendy color options match with any kitchen décor.
The Ultimate Stroopwafel Maker Maintenance Guide – Here’s How We Clean and Maintain Our Stroopwafel Maker
Besides the material quality, it often depends on us whether a cookware can last for a longer period. It is the same for the stroopwafel iron. So, we have a few handy tips that can help you to clean and maintain your stroopwafel iron constantly in perfect condition. Here’s how.
First, choose the right tools to remove the stroopwafel from the iron. You can opt for heat-resistant silicone tools or spatula as your removing tool. You should also use butter and cooking oils instead of artificial cooking sprays. As compared to cooking spray, butter and cooking oil in an oil spraying bottle are easier to clean and safer to be consumed.
As for cleaning, you can use non-abrasive sponge and cloth or place the plates into a dishwasher for cleaning. The dishwasher safe feature often depends on the models. You should also clean the stroopwafel iron not too long after your cooking. If you discover hardened bits, we recommend you to use a waffle iron scraper for cleaning. Make sure the stroopwafel iron is dry enough before you store it into any space to prevent bacteria from breeding.
Looking into the models available, we believe that a high-quality stroopwafel iron will surely put you at a good start for your stroopwafel making journey. Be sure to consider the essential factor such as heating plates and capacity before buying your ideal one. You will not regret with purchasing a stroopwafel iron for your constant craving for sweetness.
Last update on 2023-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API