Whether it is a perfect blend of pesto and turkey, chicken with bacon, or any other mouthwatering delicious snacks, a charming panini press transforms the traditional kitchen into professional results. A Panini press is just more than an electric grill that cooks hot sandwiches with ease. It is a kind of sandwich maker that can be used for various cooking needs like grilling chicken, roasting burger, reheating pizzas and much more.
There are whole lots of panini press available on the market. So, choosing the best one can be overwhelming & time-consuming. Hence, we spend quality time & come up with a list of top rated panini press.
You can also review our grill pan list.
Best Buy Panini Press Reviews 2020
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Panini Press Reviews 2020
- 1. Hamilton gourmet Sandwich Maker
- 2. Cuisinart GR-5 Griddler
- 3. Oster Panini Maker and Grill
- 4. Breville Panini Press
- 5. The George Foreman sandwich maker
- 6. De’Longhi Contact Grill and Panini Press
- 7. Proctor Silex Panini Sandwich Press
- 8. Ovente Panini Press Grill
- 9. Lodge Ribbed Panini Press
- 10. Chefman Panini Press
- How To Choose The Best Panini Press
- How to Use a Panini Press – Tips & Advice
- Panini Press Cleaning & Caring Instructions
- Panini Press Vs. Sandwich Maker: Which One Is Better?
1. Hamilton gourmet Sandwich Maker
The Hamilton Brand has been the best kitchen accessories manufacturer for years. The brand is known for its high quality cooking accessories from knife sharpener to pizza maker. One such affordable product is Gourmet Sandwich Maker, which is not just known for delicious sandwiches but also popular for mouth-watering momos, pizza, chicken Quesadillas and much more.
Our top pick comes in medium and large sizes and bears a variety of useful features. The highlight of this Gourmet sandwich maker is that it comes with a floating lid with which you can get sandwiches of your desired thickness. The nonstick grids import our traditional grill lines into the meals. The affordable price tag, fast shipping, good ratings, and high customer satisfaction makes this Hamilton product top picks on our list. Here comes the pro
- Ideal for sandwiches of any size
- Floating Lid
- Affordable price
2. Cuisinart GR-5 Griddler
Are you tired of making delicious sandwiches with traditional kitchen accessories? Just switch to Cuisinart GR – 5 Griddler, which boasts a variety of features to grab its customer. The counterpart grill can be used as a full grill, contact grill, part grill, Panini press etc. An ergonomically designed Panini-style handle along with floating lid adds charm to the product. Moreover, stainless steel brush gives this sandwich maker a pleasant appearance. This versatile sandwich maker can withstand heat up to 450 degrees. It features non-stick cooking plates, which ensures that heat is distributed evenly. Apart from the basic features, it comes with the temperature control along with the indicator light, which lets you follow its progress. It comes with scrapping tool and gourmet recipes
- Removable nonstick cooking plates
- Adjustable temperature controls
- Unique design
3. Oster Panini Maker and Grill
Unlike a plastic coating, this Oster Panini maker features nonstick coating, which ensures durability and longevity. These nonstick plates will not peel or flake even after frequent use and is easy to clean. This ceramic coating has no harmful chemicals. It features drip cups and cleaning tool for easy cleaning. The adjustable unit can be tilted to the desired extent for grilling. You can reduce the cooking time by 20%. You can avail this versatile product for just 29 dollars at amazing shopping portal.
- Cleaning tool & drip cups
- Affordable price
- Compact, handy
- Dishwater safe
4. Breville Panini Press
Unlike other low-quality sandwich makers, Breville Panini press ensures durability and scratch resistance, thus you can use it for long. The dishwater safe material enables you to clean the sandwich maker after every use thus you can save time and effort. Interestingly it comes with a flat bottom, which ensures uniform cooking throughout the surface.
For just 62$, you can avail all these benefits. It provides four different height adjustments, thus you can tilt the press to any extent to enable effortless cooking. It has an additional attachment of stainless steel brush. The sandwich maker can withstand heat up to 1500 watt, which is far enough to make delicious recipes from chicken corals to mini momos.
- Durable & Longevity
- Scratch resistant
- Temperature control with ready lights
5. The George Foreman sandwich maker
Whether you are making Panini, chicken fry or delicious bread sandwiches, the George Foreman grilling plate is ideal for home cooks and professional chefs. The way the sandwich grilled, roasted and come up with the waffle plates are excellent. These amazing grilling plates are ideal for veggies, chicken, burgers and much more. The griller can withstand heat up to 500 degrees F, which is strong enough to grill your favorite recipes. It seems a bit expensive compared to our top picks; however, it does not compromise its quality. The nonstick ceramic plates make it easy to clean and wash the product.
- Makes waffles, paninis and more
- Heat searing burst
- Plates are removable
6. De’Longhi Contact Grill and Panini Press
Are you tired of cooking with single sided press maker? Just switch to De’longhi Panini press to transform your traditional kitchen into professional cooking results. To promote even toasting, the brand has manufactured this versatile product with double-sided contact cooking plates. To accommodate food of different sizes, it comes with a height-adjustable hinge. The temperature control with ready lights lets the user enjoy the full control over the sandwich maker.
.It is necessary that you keep track of the temperature while making grills. Therefore, you can access the temperature range window without hassle. You don’t need to spend much time washing the cooking plates as it is simple and easy to clean. You just need to empty the ingredients out the cup and wipe the cooking plates clean after use.
- Temperature control
- Customized grilling
- Adjustable thermostat
- Easy to clean grill plates
7. Proctor Silex Panini Sandwich Press
Proctor Silex sandwich maker is an affordable choice for those who want to buy a simple sandwich press for just 20$. To accommodate sandwiches for different thickness, proctor silex Panini sandwich press features a floating lid. The nonstick cooking surface enables easy cooking and help save your precious time. The grill tray is dishwasher safe, which can be wiped clean & tossed in dishwater. It does not require extra space as it can be stored upright.
- Very inexpensive
- Can be stored upright
- Time Saver
8. Ovente Panini Press Grill
The product comes from the renowned ovente, which is one of the top-selling brands. This versatile sandwich maker has no chemicals, ensuring safety and reliability. It doesn’t require much cooking space but you should have a small slice model that can accommodate press grill. It features LCD display to track the time & temperature effectively. You can set the time for effortless cooking. It features a floating lid that accommodates various thicknesses. A sleek, stylish and ergonomically designed cool touch handles save your hand from being burned. The non-stick cooking plates capture excess fats & oils.
- Floating Lid
- Stylish design
- Upright storage
9. Lodge Ribbed Panini Press
The manufacturer has incorporated high quality cast iron to ensure durability and corrosion resistant. It can withstand temperatures up to 500 degrees and resist dust and corrosion over time. This scratch resistant Panini press can save your time & effort. The dishwater safe material is an added advantage.
- Corrosion resistant
- Good price tag
10. Chefman Panini Press
Last but not the least, Chefman Panini press is the must-have kitchen accessories for effortless cooking. The highlights include easy cleaning nonstick plates, which can capture excess oils & fats while cooking. The chefman grill can accommodate sandwiches of various sizes. It features cast iron griller, which ensures that the heat is distributed evenly throughout the cooking surface. The removable drip tray uses less oil for cooking.
- Dishwasher safe
- Affordable choice
- Heat retention
Having a sandwich maker can make your cooking job easier at home. Whether it is delicious bread sandwiches, chicken fries or stuffed veggies, you can enjoy culinary kitchen arts at the comfort of your home.
How To Choose The Best Panini Press
Who does not like grilled sandwiches or grilled burgers or Panini? To my knowledge, most of the people love it. A Panini Press is one best appliance that could help any user make/cook the best-flavored sandwich, burger, or Panini with ease. If you prefer having the best Panini press from the market today, then the buying guide below could help you
Floating hinges – Grilling the sandwiches was not that common in olden days. However, today it is common as grilled sandwiches/burgers are more delicious and flavored than normal sandwiches/burger/Panini. A floating hinge might make you feel hi-tech, let me explain, a floating hinge is a mechanism that is incorporated in a Panini press that enables the user to close the grill at variable heights. Not all Panini press comes with this feature, the greatest advantage of this features is that the user could grill a sandwich/Panini/burger of any height. On the other hand, the same feature would also allow the user to grill an open face Panini as the upper head could be fixed at a position without touching the Panini. A majority of Panini press comes with this feature, but the quality and efficiency could vary. Therefore, we recommend that you read the customer reviews and then purchase a Panini press with suitable floating hinges.
Variable temperature – Not all people like a grilled sandwich with same flavor and crispness. If you need to change the flavor and crispness of a sandwich, you should change the temperature to which the sandwich/Panini/burger is exposed. Therefore, variable temperature is very important in a Panini press right? Now, you should know that not all Panini press available on the market comes with variable temperature feature. If you need variable temperature feature in your Panini press, then check if your product comes incorporated with adjustable thermostat.
Surface area – If you have already checked the market for a Panini press then you would surely understand why surface area of a Panini press is a factor to be considered. Different Panini press comes with different surface area and as the surface area offered by a Panini press, increases the price also increases. Therefore, to be simple if you need to grill more than two sandwiches at a time then you should consider purchasing a Panini press with larger surface area. PS: There could be Panini press that has a large surface area and at the same time cheap, however, if you are considering to purchase such products make sure the product comes from a brand with good reputation.
Replaceable/removable plates – A majority of the people think that the plates incorporated in a Panini press are not so important to be considered, but, we tell you, if you prefer having delicious, as well as, extraordinary flavored sandwich then, the type of plate incorporated is important. A good quality plate deliver good flavor, crispiness, and color of the grill. Now, let us talk about why a replaceable plate is important; of course, you would not prefer eating unhealthy sandwiches right? Panini press is an electronic device and it cannot be washed or cleaned easily. Taking off the plates and cleaning it is most feasible. This is why we recommend you purchase a Panini press with replaceable plates.
How to Use a Panini Press – Tips & Advice
Ways to use a panini press properly
There are various ways by which you can use a panini to cook your sandwich. So if you want to know how you can cook a sandwich in Panini perfectly then you can try these ways.
- Always keep the time in mind –Some people might forget about the sandwich after putting them in the panini maker. You have to be careful about the selection with the time you put the sandwich. It is very important for you to keep the sandwich for about 5-7 minutes in the panini make for it properly cooked. Make sure that both sides of the sandwich are touching the grills so that the sides will become crusty.
- Use the panini press gently –You have to use the panini make properly while cooking the sandwich in them. If you are getting a sandwich with cheese in it then you need to be careful with the amount of pressure you are applying in it. So make sure to put proper ingredients in it and then cook it properly without putting too much pressure on it.
- Remove the sandwich properly –Removing the sandwich can be quite a difficult task and you have to use proper items like a spatula to remove it. Make sure that you are using a plastic spatula to remove the sandwich as the panini maker have non stick covering and it might get damaged when you use steel spatula. That is why you have to make sure to get the best spatula for removing the sandwich.
Tips and advice to use a panini press
You should keep in mind to use the panini perfectly and keep the things mentioned below in mind to get a perfect cooking experience.
- Keep the cheese limit in mind –Be careful with the amount of cheese you are putting in your sandwich as it is going to be out of the sandwich when pushed between the sides. It is okay for some of the cheese to be spread outside of the sandwich as it needs to be cooked properly.
- Always prefer using a plastic spatula –You should keep in mind to use a plastic spatula for removing the sandwich from the panini maker. This will help in proving you the most convenient way of cooking so that you can enjoy an amazing cooking experience. This will also protect your panini maker from getting damaged.
- Assemble the sandwich properly –If you are using panini maker to create a sandwich then you can get creative while assembling the sandwich. This will help in providing you a comfortable way for cooking. You can choose multiple items to put it in the sandwich and then put it in panini maker which will help you in getting crispy sides.
These are some of the things using which you can get a better experience of cooking. So you have to just find the best panini maker and try using proper methods for it. Leave the sandwich to rest so that it will get cool to eat.
Panini Press Cleaning & Caring Instructions
Cleaning the Panini press is very important and it becomes even important if extra cheese or butter is used.
When it comes to cleaning Panini press it is easy, all you have to do is after using the Panini press is remove the food deposits and then with a wet paper towel wipe clean the plates.
PS: after use make sure the plate cools down. If the plates are non-stick and if you clean it with water the non-stick will come off, if you find any food deposits still sticking on to the plates then you should consider making a baking soda solution by adding 2 tablespoons of baking soda in just 4 ounces of warm water. Use this solution to wipe clean plates with tissue paper.
Panini Press Vs. Sandwich Maker: Which One Is Better?
There are two ways by which you can make a toasted sandwich, as you either use a panini press or a sandwich maker, so here are some differences to find the better one.
Panini press is a small weighted grill that you can use for making a sandwich. If you love toasted sandwiches, then this is the perfect sandwich maker for you. It can help you to grill meals, vegetables, fish, and fruits. One of the best things about the panini press is that you can make thicker sandwiches.
Pros of Panini Press
- Versatile as compared to the sandwich maker, as you can grill vegetables and meats on it.
- Easily make thicker sandwiches with more fillings
- Provides complete grilling instead of just warming the sandwich up
Cons of Panini Press
- Take more time as compare to sandwich maker
- Be careful with the temperature of the panini press
- Expensive as compared to sandwich maker
It is one of the most simple ways to make a sandwich and you can use it to warm up your sandwich. You just have to put the sandwich in the maker, and then close the lid, to start warming the sandwich.
Pros of Sandwich Maker
- Easy to use, as there are no buttons, so just put the sandwich and close the lid.
- Make a toasted sandwich within a few minutes with a sandwich maker
- All the things are automatic in a sandwich so you will get perfect sandwich all the time
Cons of Sandwich Maker
- It has limited functionality as you cannot do many things with it
- You can only make a sandwich, and in some, you can make an omelet, but not more
These are some things you need to understand about the sandwich and panini maker to select the best one. After considering all the factors, you can enjoy the best results.
Finally, buying top picks from amazon portal is said to be worth every penny. Just make sure that the panini press you choose is of great product quality.