A traditional wok is simply a round, versatile pan used above the flame burner. Invented during the Han dynasty in China, it was basically designed to dry out tea leaves, vegetables, and meats. Over the centuries, it has been used for several purposes. But the basic structure of wok has always remained the same. Now, the wok has been used for stir frying which needs adding oil to a hot pan and cooking food instantly and searing flavors of sauces and oil to all ingredients. Dishes get a unique flavor when cooked in a wok, which is known as the ‘breath of the wok’ by Chinese. An electric wok is a modernized version of the traditional carbon steel wok that is ubiquitous in any Asian family.
Top Selling Electric Woks
Table of Contents
- Top Selling Electric Woks
- Best Buy Electric Wok Reviews 2020
- 1. Presto 5900 1500W Stainless Steel Electric Wok
- 2. Aroma Housewares AEW-305 Electric Wok
- 3. Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok
- 4. Sonya Electric Shabu Shabu Hotpot with BBQ Grill
- 5. Starfrit 024404-002-0000 Handles Electric Multi-Pot
- 6. Presto Stainless Steel Electric Wok by Supernon
- 7. Breville EW30XL Electric Gourmet Wok
- 8. Aroma Housewares AEW-305 Electric Wok
- 9. VonShef 7.4 Qt. Electric Wok with Lid
- 10. Liven Electric Aluminum Non-Stick Skillet
- How To Choose The Best Electric Wok
- How to Use an Electric Wok?
- Electric Wok Cleaning Instructions
|1. Sonya Electric Shabu Shabu Hotpot
||2. Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok
||3. Presto 5900 1500-Watt Stainless-Steel Electric Wok
|Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
You can now cook your food with the same authentic Asian flavors with the best electric woks. These cooking tools are designed to get hot quicker than traditional stove top models. These cooking tools are handy with easy to clean nonstick surfaces. So, you can easily slide your culinary dishes on the serving dish without adding extra butter or oil.
In small homes or dormitories where space is very limited, you can have electric woks which are very versatile cookware. They can be used to make deep-fried dishes, stir fries, and soups. They really serve the purpose of a hot plate, yet only need one pan to create different dishes.
It makes cleanup really easy and it needs less time and water to wash dishes. Electric woks heat up faster, set up easily, and make it easier to get all the pros of healthy Asian dishes.
Best Buy Electric Wok Reviews 2020
1. Presto 5900 1500W Stainless Steel Electric Wok
Presto 5900 1500 Watt stainless steel electric wok is your easy and quick way to prepare smoking hot stir-fry meals. Make your healthy stir-fry meals within minutes for you and your family with this electric wok. It sears ingredients in less oil and fat and preserves nutrients with fresh flavors, colors and textures.
- 1500W heating element – fast, even heating with aluminum-clad base
- User-friendly electric wok with stainless steel body
- Tampered glass cover with stainless steel handle and rim, side loop handles
- Comes with long wooden spatula
- Dishwasher safe lid and wok
2. Aroma Housewares AEW-305 Electric Wok
Aroma Housewares AEW-305 is a sleek electric metal wok designed to heat up faster and maintain its heat as you cook. It locks in the flavor of foods for best results every time. It gives great versatility with complete range of temperature controls. The domed lid and inside of wok are coated non-stick to make cleanup and operation easier. Along with just for stir-fry, it is also ideal for steaming, braising, and tempura. Now you can make your traditional and modern Asian dishes with ease.
- 7-quart capacity and high domed lid
- Complete temperature control
- Quick heat-up with great heat retention
- Cool touch handles and base
- Durable non-stick coating
3. Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok
Just like cooking on gas stove, this amazing hot wok from Breville provides even heat distribution across the corners of wok. It improves its ability to sear in high heat. Its aluminum layers are heat responsive to maintain high heat for searing in moisture and food. It provides emulate 425F authentic Asian cooking style with 15 accurate heat settings.
- Die-cast wok bowl with stainless steel base
- Quantinaum non-stick coating
- Temperature control removable probe
- Dishwasher safe lid and bowl
- Cook ‘n’ Look glass lid
4. Sonya Electric Shabu Shabu Hotpot with BBQ Grill
You can now enjoy at Hotspot or Shabu Shabu while grilling seafood like shrimp and other meat at the top with Sonya Electric Hotpot and BBQ grill. It can make cooking while eating comes true. You can enjoy all kinds of dishes and serve your family and friends. You just have to put all the ingredients in this pot or on the grill plate. It is ideal for family get together or having fun with friends.
- It comes with BBQ grill so you can enjoy hot pot and shabu shabu at the same time.
- It has removable grill pan and cooking pots for easy to clean up and use.
- 1200 watt hotpot with 600 watt BBQ grill for faster heating
- Anti-skid feet so pot remains still evenly
- Heat resistant handle to keep your hands safe from high temperature
5. Starfrit 024404-002-0000 Handles Electric Multi-Pot
This electric multipurpose pot from Starfit is the best companion for your next party as it can keep your food ready to eat and warm all the time. It is also amazing as a wok for different types of foods like stews, soups, chilis, sauces, and sautés. It has got the amazing Rock Tec surface treatment for non-stick surface which is 3x better than typical non-stick cookware. So, you can easily enjoy it with your friends and family without cleaning woes.
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
- Tec surface enhancement
- Cast aluminum base
- Tempered glass lid
- Adjustable temperature control
- ETL certified
- Non-slip feet
6. Presto Stainless Steel Electric Wok by Supernon
Cook your loved stir-fry meals easily and instantly with this electric wok by Supernon. The Presto stainless steel wok cooks different types of Asian entries like meat, noodles, and dumplings. This electric wok has appealing stainless steel handles and body, along with stainless steel handle and rim. It has aluminum base to provide even heating with 1500W heating element for high searing temperatures for stir-frying. This stainless steel wok sears ingredients quickly in less oil to preserve fresh colors, nutrients, textures and flavors.
It has Control Master Heat control system to maintain cooking temperature in itself. It is designed to save your cooking time and is also easy to clean. Presto Stainless steel electric wok is dishwasher safe and fully immersible.
- Wok and cover are completely dishwasher safe and immersible
- 1500 watt heating element for high searing temperatures for stir-fry cooking
- Aluminum-clad base for even heating
- Control Master heat control for automatic cooking temperature maintenance
- Tempered glass cover and stainless steel handle and rim
7. Breville EW30XL Electric Gourmet Wok
Breville EW30XL electric gourmet wok has truly upgraded the electric wok design in each aspect. Now you can whip up delicious and healthy stir-fry meals with this handy and dashing electric wok. It has 15 settings for variable heat control, including high sear. You can control cooking time and temperature with precision.
It has 1500W butterfly element which is recessed across the base to form heat zone over the whole surface. It makes great conditions for stir-frying and quick searing.
- Heavy glass lid with stainless steel rim and steam vent
- Removable and dishwasher safe quick-release base
- 14 heat settings and butterfly element with high sear option
- 4-Layer Quantanium non-stick surface
8. Aroma Housewares AEW-305 Electric Wok
Aroma Housewares AEW-305 electric wok heats up faster and retains high temperature for best results. It is easy to use, compact, lightweight and easy to store. It has complete range of temperature controls so it can be very versatile to use. It heats up oil at rapid speed. Choose high temperature range for stir-fries or low to serve up.
It packs enough space with 7-quart capacity to serve ingredients for up to 5 people or more. It holds dishes with great chunks. It has vast cooking surface and large sides to whip up one-pot or family sized meals.
- Good for stir-frying, steaming and braising
- Easy to store and use
- 7-quart capacity
- Large non-stick high dome lid
- Cool touch base and handles
- Precise temperature control
9. VonShef 7.4 Qt. Electric Wok with Lid
VonShef presents electric aluminum wok for your kitchen to fry, sear, and sizzle your way to a vast range of finger-licking Asian cuisines. Different flavors need different temperatures. This electric wok comes with a rotary dial for precise temperature settings for complete control on your cooking.
- 4 Qt. capacity – Ample space to cook up
- 14” non-stick wok surface
- Cool touch handles
10. Liven Electric Aluminum Non-Stick Skillet
This pot is large enough to cook food for 2 to 4 persons in your family. Push the power button to start and push fire power button to choose heat level – small, middle, big. You can easily operate it.
- Serves up to 2-4 persons
- 1500W skillet to serve multiple functions
- Cast aluminum body
How To Choose The Best Electric Wok
How to Use an Electric Wok?
Electric woks are basically amazing and handy tools to make healthy dishes inside or outside the kitchen. There are different ways to use these types of woks. You can make all dishes, be it breakfast or stir fry. Here are some of the details to use an electric wok.
Use only wood utensils and oil that can hold high heat
When using electric wok for cooking, be sure to use wooden utensils to avoid scratches on Teflon coating. Also use cooking oil which can hold up to 500-deg. F heat without smoking or burning. This way, coconut oil or peanut oil is better. Avocado oil can also be used. Also wear oven glove to hold it as handles sometimes get heated.
Prepare all the ingredients first
If you are working with high heat, you have to act fast as you won’t want to burn out your ingredients. So, it is best to slice, measure, dice and chop all ingredients before turning the heat on. So, you can easily add next ingredients quickly.
Turn on the wok and let it heat up on high for each dish. Pour up to 2 tbsp of cooking oil when it is hot to get started. Pick up the wok with oven glove and turn it until oil coats the whole pan. Now it is ready to roast all types of meats. Rub the chicken with salt, pepper and cooking oil to prepare the whole roasted chicken. Brown the outer layer on both sides for 5 to 7 minutes and lower the heat to medium. Close the vent and cover the wok and let it roast for up to 45 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check if meat is done. The safest temperature is around 165 deg. F.
Have you ever planned to steam veggies with electric wok? If there is bamboo steaming basket, add some chicken broth or water to the wok and fill it with veggies. Put it in the wok on broth or hot water and keep heat to high to make steam and cook the veggies well.
You can also cook hearty breakfast with your electric wok. You can whip up some eggs. Its generous size is ideal to make delicious and well browned French toast. Fry up potatoes and hash browns.
Another best thing of electric wok is that it is very easy to maintain and clean. You just have to wipe it with cotton cloth when it is still hot. If there are additional particles or stained, dampen the cloth and its temperature will sterilize it. Read the user manual to thoroughly clean the Teflon wok before getting anything in water. Some parts of electric elements are not safe. Be sure to dry all the parts properly before you turn it on. After drying with towel, let it to air dry all night for best results.
Electric Wok Cleaning Instructions
Cleaning a wok after each use is very important if you prefer keeping the wok healthy, there are also specific methods that could help extend the lifespan of an electric wok with ease. Here is how to do it.
Step 1: if you are using a non-stick electric wok then, never pour water when the wok is hot. After using the wok, switch off and remove the plug from the socket and wait until the wok cools down
Step 2: Once the wok cools down, with some luke warm water wash the wok and then rinse the wok.
Step 3: Now, after cleaning the wok, with a dry cloth dry the entire product.
On the other hand, if your wok is not non-stick, then after every three or four cycles of use and cleaning, the wok should be seasoned thoroughly. The seasoning will help you keep the wok away from rusting and corrosion.
The buying guide mentioned above can help you ease the challenges in selecting the best electric wok on the market right now. Remember just purchasing the wok is not enough cleaning is very important too, the cleaning guide could help you maintain the wok in a healthy way.
Are you planning for lawn picnic, beach party or just a balcony dinner, you definitely need the best electric wok. Electric woks are great aids to your kitchen.
Some of the best features of electric woks are non-stick coating, transfer ability, and maintenance of flavors and taste while still locking all nutrients. The electric woks are very versatile and dishwasher safe, so you can sauté, deep fry, and stir fry in the pot. Alternatively, you can also check out our comparison on the differences of carbon steel wok and electric wok if you’re unsure of which to buy.