A kitchen without a wok is never complete. There would be almost no kitchens without a wok and people who have not used a wok once in their lifetime, if you love freshly cooked Chinese food especially gong bao chicken or spring rolls then it is very important that you purchase a wok.
The use of woks became popular a 100-years before and it comes with many advantages.
- A wok uses comparatively less oil than any other pans
- Best useful to prepare fried non-veg and vegetable dishes
- Woks come with comparatively larger space that could enable the cook to fry different ingredients
- Woks are best useful for sautéing, deep frying, and steaming
However, not all woks are the same, it is very important that you consider buying a wok that could spread the heat evenly all over the surface and at the same time made of high-quality metal or alloy that does not rust or deform with time and pressure respectively. If you are not good at selecting or if you lack the basic knowledge on how to select the product, then, its best recommended that you purchase a wok from a reputed brand.
Best Carbon Steel Wok Reviews For 2019
Table of Contents
- Best Carbon Steel Wok Reviews For 2019
- 1. Joyce Chen 21-9978, Classic Series Carbon Steel Wok, 14-inch
- 2. Helen Chen’s Asian Kitchen Flat Bottom Wok with Lid, 14-inch
- 3. 14 Inches Carbon Steel Wok(Flat Bottom), 14 Gauge Thickness
- 4. Traditional Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Pow Wok 14 Inch, 731W88
- 5. Ecolution Non-Stick Carbon Steel Wok, 12″,Black
- 6. 14 Inches Carbon Steel wok, 14 Gauge Thickness
- 7. 16 inch Carbon Steel Hand Hammered Wok
- 8. KEN HOM Nonstick Carbon Steel Wok, 14.25″, Black
- 9. 12 inch Carbon Steel Wok (flat bottom) by Wok Shop
- 10. KEN HOM Carbon Steel Wok – Asian Stir Fry Pan- 12.25″, Silver
- Carbon steel wok Buying Guide, Clean & Caring Instructions
- Clean & Caring Instructions
Here is the list of best carbon steel woks available today.
1. Joyce Chen 21-9978, Classic Series Carbon Steel Wok, 14-inch
The Joyce Chen 21-9978 carbon steel wok comes with a 14-Inch diameter. This product comes incorporated with attractive birch wooden handles. One of the notable things about this product is that it could be used on gas, electric induction stovetops. This wok is made of 1.5mm gauge carbon steel that’s why it is best recommended for cooking food that requires constant stirring
- The Joyce Chen 21-9978 comes with wide top and narrow bottom that enables the cook to cook using less oil.
- The whole product comes in an attractive gift packing making it a suitable gift option for you.
- The wok is designed to heat quickly and evenly.
2. Helen Chen’s Asian Kitchen Flat Bottom Wok with Lid, 14-inch
This carbon steel wok comes from the traditional wok-manufacturing brand Helen’s Asian Kitchen. This carbon steel wok comes with a diameter of 14-Inches. One of the notable things about this wok is that it comes with an attractive lid, a bamboo made spatula, and a cookbook.
- The whole product is made of 1.6mm thick carbon steel, therefore the product is durable and reliable.
- The manufacturer has incorporated durable wooden handles in this product.
- This wok is compatible to be used on both gas stove and electric stoves.
- The manufacturer recommends that this product be hand washed and not dishwasher washed.
3. 14 Inches Carbon Steel Wok(Flat Bottom), 14 Gauge Thickness
This carbon steel wok comes from the brand M.V Trading and is made of 14-gauge carbon steel.As the product name suggests this wok comes with a flat bottom and is made of 14-gauge carbon steel. Since the product is made of 14-gauge carbon steel it is highly durable and reliable. This product is made of unseasoned carbon steel and therefore could be used for rapid heating, as well as, cooling.
- This product could be used on both gas and electric stove.
- This wok has a depth of 4’’.
- One of the notable things about this wok is that it comes with a long handle at one side and short rectangular on the other hand. Both the handles are incorporated with wood.
4. Traditional Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Pow Wok 14 Inch, 731W88
This Craft Wok marketed carbon steel wok is one of the best u seasoned carbon steel woks. This carbon steel wok is made of 15-gauge is more than enough to make a wok strong to resist any deformation and high temperature. This is one of the traditionally designed woks available today.
- This product comes with a long handle on one side and steel helper handle on the other side.
- This wok could be used for both teamer and as a smoker.
- One of the important features of this wok is that it could be used for open fire cooking with ease.
5. Ecolution Non-Stick Carbon Steel Wok, 12″,Black
The 12” Ecolution manufactured and marketed carbon steel wok is not like any other carbon steel woks listed above. This carbon steel wok comes with non-stick coating in its interior surface. The non-stick coating on this product is free of PFOA. The product comes with a flat base that allows it to sit directly on the burner, therefore, allowing to heat the wok with maximum efficiency
- This carbon steel wok is best recommended for any cooking that ranges from stir-frying to deep frying.
- This carbon steel wok comes with a lifetime warranty.
- This product is compatible to be used on gas, electric, and glass ceramic stove tops.
6. 14 Inches Carbon Steel wok, 14 Gauge Thickness
This carbon steel wok comes from the brand M.V Trading that has a reputation for marketing top-quality woks. This carbon steel wok is made of 14-gauge carbon steel. It has a flat bottom that enables it to sit directly on gas and electric stove
- One of the notable features of this carbon steel wok is that it comes incorporated with wooden side spool
- The product is made of heavy carbon steel that could heat easily and spread the heat evenly all over the product surface easily
- This product is designed for rapid heating and cooling.
7. 16 inch Carbon Steel Hand Hammered Wok
This carbon steel wok comes from the brand Wok Shop and is one of the best carbon steel wok available. It has two loop handles that makes carrying this wok easy. This carbon steel wok has a round bottom that makes it highly suitable and efficient to be used on gas stoves.
- One of the notable things about this wok is that it comes with hand hammered surface and therefore it transfers heat evenly.
- The manufacturer offers a wok ring with this product.
- The manufacturer has avoided using any sophisticated machinery for manufacturing this product and has used hand hammered method to increase the efficiency of the wok.
8. KEN HOM Nonstick Carbon Steel Wok, 14.25″, Black
Unlike most of the carbon steel woks listed above, this carbon steel wok comes with high quality non-stick coating. One of the notable features of this product is that it comes with non-stick coating certified to be free of PFOA. This wok has a unique flat bottom that enhances the heat distribution capacity of this product.
- This wok comes with a riveted handle to make carrying the wok easier.
- The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty on this product.
- It is best recommended that you hand wash this wok.
- Unlike any other non-stick coating, this coating is resistant to rusting and scratches.
This carbon steel wok from the brand wok shop comes with a flat bottom and is made of high quality material. It is made of 14-gauge carbon steel, one of the notable features of this carbon steel wok is that it comes with a long handle and a loop handle incorporated into it.
- The handles are incorporated with wood.
- This wok has a depth of 4-Inches.
10. KEN HOM Carbon Steel Wok – Asian Stir Fry Pan- 12.25″, Silver
This is a Asian stir fry pan from the brand Ken Hom and is one of the induction compatible carbon steel woks. Unlike any other products listed above, this carbon steel wok comes seasoned. The non-stick coating incorporated into this wok is of high-quality and it ensure the cleaning is easy.
- The manufacturer offers a 10-year warranty on this product.
- One of the notable features o this product is that it comes with a unique shape long handle on one side and loop handle on the other side.
- The handles are riveted and are covered with wood for good insulation.
- This product is designed in such a way that heat transfer evenly over the surface of the wok with ease.
Carbon steel wok Buying Guide, Clean & Caring Instructions
Are you considering purchasing a top quality carbon steel wok? Then, here is some things that could help you choose the best carbon steel wok from the market today.
The shape – Carbon steel woks come in different shapes, this could be flat-bottomed or round bottomed. Each type of carbon steel wok has its own advantages; if you are using a gas stovetop then you could use any one of the carbon steel woks as both of them are suitable on a gas stovetop. If you need an electric or induction compatible carbon steel wok then purchase only flat bottom styled wok only.
Size and height – Size and height of the carbon steel wok are very important. If the wok is too deep then the heat will be more at the bottom and at the same time the heat will not be efficiently transferred to the sides of the wok, so, as a result, the cooking will be uneven. However, we recommend that you purchase a carbon steel wok with size and height of 14-inch size and height 5-inches, the height could also vary between 4-inches- 5-inches.
Handles – Woks come with different handles; especially carbon steel woks come with handles made of different materials and handles of different shapes. It could be small loop handles that could be placed at opposite sides, on the other hand, it could be straight long handles that could be made of metal and insulated with Teflon or silicone. It could also be wood or pure insulate material.
Price – Not all people consider the price of a product seriously, but the majority of customer do consider it. High-quality product comes with a comparatively higher price tag. This does not mean that every product with a higher price tag is a good quality product, but, if the product comes from a reputed brand and if the price is comparatively higher than other products, it is certainly normal and you do not have to bother about it.
Heat distribution – If you are a customer who does know about the metals and materials, then you would understand this factor. Carbon steel could be of different types, low, medium, and high quality. How do we differentiate it, based on the heat distribution capacity? However, it is not a practical thing to test a product before purchasing it, this is why we recommend that you purchase the product from top brands, that offer their product with a warranty and easy return policy. If you find the product worthless don’t hesitate, return the product and get your refund.
Clean & Caring Instructions
Cleaning a carbon steel wok is as important as using it. Cleaning a carbon steel wok is an easy process. You do not require any special equipment or tools to do so. Here is how to clean your carbon steel wok easily
Step 1: Dip the wok in warm water for 10 minutes after use
Step 2: With a soft plastic scrubber or cloth scrub off the food particle sticking on the surface of the wok. If the food is firmly stuck to the surface
Step 3: dip the wok in warm water for a few minutes and then scrub it again
Step 4: Once, you are done scrubbing and the food particles are removed, dry the entire wok
Step 5: Drying should be done by wiping off the moisture or water using a paper towel
Step 6: Now, place the wok on a stovetop and heat the wok in a medium heat
Step 7: Take a paper towel and then dip the paper towel in vegetable oil just enough to slightly wet the wok.
Step 8: With the paper towel, wipe the interior of the wok. PS: you need to do this only if you are not planning to use the wok for a few days/weeks/,months
Once, you are done doing this, store the carbon steel wok somewhere with almost no moisture.
There is one thing you should always remember, never use a hard or sharp material to scrub the carbon steel wok as it could damage the seasoning, at the same time never use any sort of dishwasher soap on carbon steel wok
A carbon steel wok is not that hard to be found on the market today. There are thousands of models available on the market from different brands.
However, not all products are the same, but to help you, we have listed the top and best products, consider purchasing the above-mentioned list of products and enjoy cooking your Chinese dishes.
- Top 10 Best Omelette Pan
- Top 10 Best Nonstick Cookware
- Top 10 Best Grill Pan
- Top 10 Best Roasting Pan
- Top 9 Best Ceramic Cookware
- Top 10 Best Copper Cookware
- Top 10 Best Cast Iron Skillet
- Top 10 Best Saucepan