Range Hood is a kitchen appliance that is installed above the stove. The main idea behind installing a range hood is to have an exhaust in order to push out the steam, steam and odor that is generated while cooking. It also provides additional lighting since most of the range hood has lights installed on it. They have speed controllers to adjust the speed of exhausts as well. There are some of the models which can be used without a duct and you can install a simple carbon filter on those range hood. While there are models which also needs a duct to be installed to throw out the exhaust.
There are many different models available in the market so let us first look at the advantages of the range hood and then we will help you in finding the best models of Range Hood available in the market.
Why do you need a range hood in the kitchen?
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Range Hoods Reviews 2020
- 1. Broan-NuTone 413004 Range Hood
- 2. Cosmo 5MU30 30-in Under-Cabinet Range Hood 200-CFM
- 3. BV Range Hood – 30 Inch 860 CFM under Cabinet
- 4. Chef 30” PS18 Under Cabinet Range Hood
- 5. Broan-NuTone F403004 Two-Speed Four-Way Convertible Range Hood
- 6. Kitchen Bath Collection STL75-LED Kitchen Range Hood
- 7. FOTILE JQG7501 30″ Range Hood
- 8. Cosmo QS75 30-in Under-Cabinet Range Hood
- 9. Chef Range Hood C190 30” Slim Under Cabinet Kitchen Extractor
- 10. XtremeAir Ultra Series UL10-U36
- Range Hoods Buying Guide – What To Look For It?
- How to Clean a Range Hood?
There are certainly several reasons to install a range hood in the kitchen. Let us now have a look at some of these reasons.
- Air Quality – The first reason to install the range hood is that it can improve the air quality of your kitchen and home drastically. This is majorly because the exhaust is placed directly over the stove and hence it is much more efficient than an air filter. In addition to this, range hood also filters grease and removes carbon monoxide from the system as well.
- Cooking Experience – Range hood can make your cooking experience much more comfortable for you. This is because the range hood would not only remove the excess heat from the kitchen but it would also provide you with lighting for a better vision.
- Grease – Since the range hood also absorbs the grease and stores it in metal filters, the kitchen remains a lot cleaner and you need to put in less amount of effort while cleaning the kitchen.
- Odor – Your home also stays secure from the odor which can be because of cooking. Range hoods are especially useful while making curries or while frying a fish.
Best Buy Range Hoods Reviews 2020
Here is the list of top 10 best range hoods for kitchen available in 2020. Check out the details along with the key features of each and every product.
1. Broan-NuTone 413004 Range Hood
On number 1, we have a range hood from Broan-NuTone. This is a 30 inch model and it is certainly very effective when it comes to a non-duct filtering system. This model is very effective when it comes to absorbing smoke and odor. Getting into the details, the range hood allows you to install a light as per your need. The maximum range of light that can be installed here is capped at 75 watt bulb. You can replace the charcoal filter when after a fixed duration of time to ensure a higher efficiency for this range hood.
Talking about more details, this particular model has 2 speed settings which are high and low. The brand offers a 1 year warranty on this product which is enough to cover against any type of manufacturing defect. Overall, this is a simple and inexpensive product which can be installed at home without the need for ducts.
- A ductless range hood that can be attached to the wall or to the cabinet.
- Comes with the filter and has 2 speed settings for the exhaust. Light can be turned on or off.
- The bulb can be installed as per the need since it comes with a versatile
- The brand offers a 1 year warranty on this range hood.
2. Cosmo 5MU30 30-in Under-Cabinet Range Hood 200-CFM
This model from Cosmo is one of the best-selling models and it is available in 2 sizes. The first available size is 30 inches and the second available size is 36 inches. It is even possible to use this hood in a ductless manner if you choose to use a carbon filter kit along with this. The motor that is integrated into this range hood is a 200 CFM motor which also comes with 3 different speed settings. In addition to this, the maximum noise limit here is 56 dB.
Talking about the installation, you can choose to install it against a wall or even under a cabinet. This supports top as well as back ventilation. The hood has a 5 button control and there are 2 LED lights integrated inside the hood. The capacity of these lights is 3W. The best part is that this model comes with a warranty of 5 years.
- Has a lot of features and the motor is powerful yet generates very less noise
- There are 3 speed settings and there are also 2 LED lights available on the range hood.
- You can install it in multiple ways and the best part is that it can even operate in the ductless mode so this really eliminates the need for drilling the wall.
- Comes with warranty support of 5 years.
3. BV Range Hood – 30 Inch 860 CFM under Cabinet
If you are looking for a range hood that has really high Air flow then this is certainly going to be the best model for you. In terms of the features, this range hood comes with LED lights which are very powerful and the exhausts can be adjusted to 3 different fan speeds. You get three different models in this range hood. Two of them are 30 inch model with 860 CFM airflow and 900 CFM airflow. The third model is a 36 inch 860 CFM model.
The body is designed with the stainless steel and in addition to this, the model also integrates removable oil filters in this range hood. These oil filters are dishwasher safe so you do not have to go through a tedious cleaning process. This range hood comes with a 2 year warranty along with a 30 days money back guarantee. The maximum noise limit for this range hood is 70 dB.
- This model needs a duct for the installation. The airflow is also quite high and hence duct becomes a mandate
- The noise rating for this when operating at maximum speed is 70 dB. In addition to this, there are 3 speed settings.
- The model is very sturdy as it comes with a stainless steel body. The design also integrates removable and dishwashers safe oil cups.
4. Chef 30” PS18 Under Cabinet Range Hood
This model from Chef is a state of art Range Hood. This can only be installed on a hood but it is really loaded with the features. First of all, you get an integrated display in this design and along with that, you get touch screen controls to adjust the speed and to turn on the lights. There is also a digital clock embedded in the system which is again a great help while cooking. Apart from this, the range hood has LED lamps and it is available in 2 different sizes which are 30 inches and 36 inches. There are 6 speed settings available in this model.
Talking about other details, the range hood has a capacity of 860 CFM while it is being operated at the maximum speed. This range hood from chef also has a baffle filter and it supports three way venting. This adds to a lot of versatility as you do not have to touch the existing structure while installing this Range Hood.
- Has 6 different speed settings with a maximum capacity of 860 CFM.
- Integrates to LED which is very powerful and they provide a lot of lighting while cooking
- Touch screen along with the digital clock adds to the elegance of this design.
- Comes with a total 2 year warranty.
5. Broan-NuTone F403004 Two-Speed Four-Way Convertible Range Hood
This is the second model from Broan-NuTone on our list and it is especially for the people who need a lot more versatility from the range hood. To give you an idea, this is available in 4 different sizes which are 24 inches, 30 inches, 36 inches and 42 inches. Apart from this, it is available in 7 different colors which can easily match with the interiors of your kitchen. The capacity of this Range Hood is 190 CFM and it also comes with a four way ducting system. You will be glad to know that you can install this range hood as a ductless system as well.
The grease filters are made of aluminium and they are dishwasher safe as well. Apart from this, you can fit in the bulb of up to 75 watts in this range hood. If you are looking for something that saves you from modifying your kitchen then you must consider this range hood.
- Has an airflow rating of 190 CFM which is certainly enough to keep your house clean. This also supports 2 speeds for airflow.
- Needs regular bulbs to be installed and they are not included in the package.
- Comes with 1 year warranty offered directly by the brand
6. Kitchen Bath Collection STL75-LED Kitchen Range Hood
Next on our list is a wall-mounted kitchen range hood. This one has a sleek design but it requires duct to function. There is a cover for the duct as well which assures that the duct doesn’t look ugly in the kitchen. You can also install in without a duct and in such a case, you would not need a duct cover. Getting into the features, this range hood is available in a 30 inch size and at the same time, it also comes with 3 speed settings. The lights embedded in this range hood are very bright since they are white LED lights.
The control panel on this range hood is a feather touch system with in-built lights. So this feature integrates modern design with the range hood. The body is designed with stainless steel and you would not notice any weld or seams in the front side of the range hood. The capacity of this range hood is 700 CFM and the noise level varies between 48 dB and 58 dB depending on the speed selection.
- Touchscreen control panel which makes this range hood very appealing.
- Comes with a capacity of 700 CFM which is certainly a good thing. The noise levels are also quite low.
- Has a design which hides all the welds and joints making the range hood look much more attractive.
- Can be used with ducts or without ducts and comes with 1 year warranty.
7. FOTILE JQG7501 30″ Range Hood
If you are looking for a range hood that is really impressive in terms of design then check out this model. This specific model is a full black stainless steel model which is available in 30 inches and 36 inches variants. This comes in grey color apart from the black one. This range hood has 3 speed settings which work with the touch screen control. Apart from that, there is a digital watch and lock function as well. The design has the elements of side-draft which makes this range hood much more efficient.
The range hood supports double centrifugal system along with an automatic fume baffle plates. Also, this model also has LED lights and oversized oil cups in order to absorb grease and oil.Certainly, a powerful and effective machine which can easily absorb all the odor and grease while you are cooking.
- Wall mount unit which comes with fume inlet and fume baffle plate. The noise level is just 54 dB.
- Features a double centrifugal system for improved
- Comes with a 5 year warranty.
8. Cosmo QS75 30-in Under-Cabinet Range Hood
Imagine the power to control the range hood with a remote. Yes, this range hood comes with a small remote that lets you control the appliance. You can turn on the range hood, set the speed and turn on the lights with the help of remote as well as the buttons on the range hood. It features a small screen to display necessary information as well. The capacity of this range hood is 900 CFM and it is one of the most powerful machines on our list. There are three speed settings and the screen, as well as buttons, are backlit.
The filters are dishwasher safe and they are also very durable. You can also use this in a ductless mode by purchasing the carbon filters with this range hood. Overall, the design implements the usage of stainless steel which adds to the sturdiness as well. This is a very efficient range hood when it comes to absorbing odor, trapping grease and reducing contamination in the air.
- The range hood has a timer that can be adjusted for auto-shut and this works in sync with the LED lights.
- You can operate this range hood with the help of the remote.
- The brand offers a 5 year warranty on this range hood.
9. Chef Range Hood C190 30” Slim Under Cabinet Kitchen Extractor
Here is yet another range hood from Chef in the list. This one is also a very sleek model which comes in a 30 inch size. In addition to this, the range hood has a stainless steel finish which gives it a modern look. The exhaust can be operated on 3 speed levels and there is also a switch for a light. Apart from this, the maximum capacity of this range hood is 750 CFM which is good enough for a residential kitchen. This appliance is surely very efficient when it comes to trapping oil and grease along with the odor. The grease container is also very easy to clean
Talking about the venting option, this appliance has 3 venting option and you can also use it in a ductless way for your kitchen which makes installation even easier. The lights installed on this range hood are the bulbs which need to be purchased additionally.
- Has a capacity of 750 CFM and comes with a stainless steel finish.
- Can be used with a back duct, top duct and even ductless manner.
- Comes with 2 years warranty which covers all manufacturing defects.
10. XtremeAir Ultra Series UL10-U36
This is the last product on our list and this one is available in three different sizes. You can choose between 30 inches, 36 inches and 42 inches model. The quality is really better as this one also uses stainless steel. The unique part about this range hood is that the motors and the blowers come with a lifetime warranty. This means that it is one of the most reliable product on our list. The total capacity here is 900 CFM and it also has a slanted baffle filter to trap oil or grease. You can easily clean this up with the help of a dishwasher or you can wash it with a hand as well.
You can attach a duct on the top or you can attach carbon filters for ductless operations. Overall, it is easy to use and it has 3 speed settings which can be adjusted with the help of buttons on the top.
- Can be installed in a kitchen with or without duct. Support the top duct assembly and has a total capacity of 900 CFM.
- Has 3 speed settings and you need to use bulbs for the lighting function.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty on motors which makes it the most reliable product in the list.
Range Hoods Buying Guide – What To Look For It?
While purchasing the Range Hood, there are certain features that you need to consider. Here are more details about the same.
- Type – You need to choose the types of hood you want there are some different types which are listed below
- Under-cabinet Hood – These types are mounted under the cabinet. This is for the people who do not mind giving up some of the space in cabinets.
- Island Hood – They are mounted to the ceiling and they are especially for the kitchen which has stove setup on island
- Wall Chimney Hood – These ones can be mounted directly on the wall and they do not need any cabinet to be installed
- Downdraft Hood – These are not very popular as they reverse the direction of the smoke and they run under the floor.
- CFM and Noise Level – Check for the CFM and the noise level. The CFM is the amount of air removed by the range hood in a minute. This can easily range between 1200 CFM to 900 CFM. The higher the CFM, the more effective it is.
- Duct Option – Check for the duct attachment and see where the duct will be attached. Check if the model supports ductless operation as well. You will find the models with rear and top duct options.
- Light – Check for the types of light and we would recommend you to opt for the ones which come with LED light.
- Speed Setting and Timers – Check for the number of speed settings. You will find models that have2 speed settings and you will also find models with 6 speed settings. Also, check if there is a delay timer available.
- Color and Design – Check for the colors and design and ensure that it matches up with your kitchen.
- Remote and Button – Check for the type of button. You can get a touch button on Range hood and you can find manual buttons as well. Opt as per your choice but having a remote to control the range hood is always a good option.
- Price and Warranty – Lastly, check for the price and the warranty. For the warranty, you can get 1 year to 5 years. Some of the models may even offer a lifetime warranty on the motors.
How to Clean a Range Hood?
A range hood is an important tool in the kitchen. A range hood is installed above the stovetop in a kitchen because it acts as an exhaust to suck and push the steam or odor that is collected when cooking meats and other food.
Most of the range hood includes lightning that helps in cooking at night. As a range, hood works as an exhaust and pushes the steam; grease released during cooking it can be easily spoilt. It is important to clean a range hood frequently to keep it in working condition.
Read through the article to know how to clean a range hood.
Tips for cleaning a range hood
- The first step in cleaning a range hood is wiping down the outside layer with a paper towel or a clean rag. The outside layer is where grease and oil get landed or dust gets settled in. When wiping the outside layer of the range hood make sure to use vinegar solution or soap for removing all the grease from it.
- The next step in cleaning a range hood washing the inside layer of the hood. Usually, this part of the hood faces the vent and can get dirty very easily. When cleaning the inside part of the range hood it is better to use a scrubber than a rag. The scrubber works well in removing all the thick dirt that gets collected on the inner side of a range hood.
- The last part that you need to clean before reattaching the range hood plate it filters. The filter can be removed from the range hood. For removing a filter follow the manufacturer’s manual. Once the filter is removed soak it in hot water mixed with baking soda or anti-grease cleaner soap.
Let the filter sit in the soap solution for 10 to 15 minutes before cleaning it. The filter usually collects the burnt grease and it is difficult to clean this part without soaking it. After soaking remove the filter from the solution and use a scrubber to wash out all the particles that is struck and attached to it. Finally, rinse the filter with fresh water and let it dry.
However, when cleaning any part of the range hood ensure not to apply too much pressure. Force cleaning of the range hood plate of the filter can damage these parts. Avoid using toxic cleaning products when cleaning the range hood as it is harmful to health.
These are the best models of range hoods available presently in the market. It can be tough to choose the right model so start by deciding the type of Range Hood you need and then check out the different models available under that type. It is highly recommended to check out the buying guide before you make the final purchase decision as this would help you in ensuring that you are aware of your needs.
Well, this was all from our side and do not forget to check out various deals available on Range Hoods before you purchase them.
Editor's Note: Article Was Last Updated on