No doubt that our master chef on TV is literally encouraging us to try cooking some new dishes that are definitely worth to try out. Talking of which, Paella is said to be one of the best and the top most national dish of Spain that you can ever come across. It is said to be the traditional dish which has been passed down by families of Valencia from many generations. Most of you might not be even aware about it and if you are planning to try out this dish for the first time then certainly this is the best place where you have landed up. Paella is a popular dish which has a perfect blend of textures and flavors that are considered to be the best part of this dish. Of course, it is enjoyed across the world and is definitely worth to try out.
If diet is the issue or you are worried about the taste then understand that if you have a right pan to cook, then all your worries will come to an end. This dish is a hearty rice casserole which is all loaded with meat, vegetables, seafood, spices and herbs to name a few along with the yellow saffron which makes it a perfect meal for any kind of small or big occasion.
In case, you want to make some really nice authentic Spanish Paella then of course, start with the purchase of a good solid paella pan. This way, it would be easy for you to go follow further cooking recipe. Note that the paella pan is actually different from the regular chef pan or even the carbon steel pan although they may look alike.
1. Paderno World Cuisine A4172447 Spanish paella pan, 18 1/2in, Gray
Table of Contents
- 1. Paderno World Cuisine A4172447 Spanish paella pan, 18 1/2in, Gray
- 2. Garcima 18-Inch Carbon Steel Paella Pan, 46cm
- 3. Matfer Bourgeat 062052 Black Steel Paella Pan, 15-3/4 In. Diameter
- 4. Cuisinart ASP-38CR Non-Stick Paella Pan, 15″, Red
- 5. Nordic Ware 40030 Paella Pan, 15-Inch, Tan
- 6. Enamelled Steel Valencian paella pan 12Inch / 30cm / 4 Servings
- 7. Sertodo Copper PP 12 Alicante Paella Cooking Pan
- 8. Mauviel 5277.35 M’Elite Paella pan, 13.8, Stainless
- 9. Polished Steel Valencian paella pan 12 Inch (30cm) 4 Servings
- 10. Chef Direct Stainless Steel Round Dish Paella Pan
- Buying Guide – What to Consider During the purchase?
Talking about the best Paella pan, no other pan can fulfill your needs as this product. Wondering how? Well, certainly this is the right place then where you have landed. This Paderno World-Cuisine Polished Carbon Steel Paella pan is crafted by the experts from the quality carbon steel material. Talking about the thoughts that go into each detail, of course, when it comes to achieving the authentic paella at home, things shall not be complicated for you with such pan. It has a shallow side that enhances the liquid evaporation and also boosts up the process of cooking. The uniformity of the cooking all over the pan helps in creating the mouth relishing toasted rice layer which is popularly known as ‘socarrat‘. Just remember to lightly mist the bottom of the pan with some olive oil to prevent the pan from scorching.
It also has a thin hammered bottom which has a denting that lets you expand the pan when you heat it up. Now you can quickly cook and enjoy along with making the delicate rice bottom layer.
- It is made with the classic styling of paella pan from the carbon steel
- This pan is absolutely safe for oven and is compatible for induction tool
- It has a diameter with the handling of 23 1/4in.
- Made in Spain, this offers the professional quality with the traditional Spanish paella touch.
2. Garcima 18-Inch Carbon Steel Paella Pan, 46cm
When you decide to cook something really moth relishing like paella for the first time but don’t have the right type of pan or ingredient then such authentic dish may not become successful. Always before buying ingredient too, you need to be sure about the cooking pan that you would be using. If you are wondering which could be the right one then this 18 inch pan is the right answer for you. It has the capacity to serve around 8 people. The pan fits perfectly to the closely spaced standard burners and even the one and half burners totally. It is made from the cartoon steel with the fine polishing. This is of course best for paella as it offers better heat in less span of time.
Moving further, talking about the handles, they are made of steel and have a red pain. It may look thin but of course it is quite sturdy and durable to be used because of the hammered dimpled bottom
- Along with the pan, you get two recipes which you must try out on this
- You can use this pan on gas and even charcoal grill or in the oven
- The carbon steel is quite durable and offers heating quite well
- You can simply dry the pan soon after you wash it and then rub it well with vegetable oil so that there will not be any rust.
3. Matfer Bourgeat 062052 Black Steel Paella Pan, 15-3/4 In. Diameter
This 6 ounce pan is the best option you can invest in. With some authentic dishes that you may want to try, if you are thinking of choosing this pan then certainly answer for this is yes. The pan comes with untreated carbon steel plating which means there would hardly be any kind of rust or say no rust. Other than this, it is of course a cost friendly solution for you to choose. The rust cleaning can easily be dealt with. All you need to do is lightly oil the pan once you wash your other utensils for the cast ironing. Talking further about the constructions, this pan has 7-Lsb Curved sides and two handles for better protection.
- It comes with Two handles
- Made from the sturdy yet quality Black Steel
- You get the construction with Curved sides
- It just Weigh is 6-Ounce
4. Cuisinart ASP-38CR Non-Stick Paella Pan, 15″, Red
To cook your best dish that has been earning money all across the world, there is no doubt that learning paella is challenging of course but so totally worth. This classic Spanish dish is not just delicious but beautiful too. It has the traditional designing with flared siding and has the interior dimpled which are perfect for the caramelized paella crusting. Of course, this is the best non stick interior solution which also helps in covering the dish as and how you want. This steel construction solution offers the quick option and even the best quality heating. If durability is your concern then be rest assured because, it has a lasting non-stick cooking surface that can help in storing the food for quite a long time along with easy cleaning solution.
- The sturdy construction of steel offers quick heating
- It is durable with non-stick cooking surface
- Cleaning shall not be the problem
- It is complete oven safe up to 400 degrees F.
- It is always better if you cook it on the stovetop or in the oven
- This is one ergonomically designed pattern which is contoured for strong secured griping
- Lifetime Warranty
5. Nordic Ware 40030 Paella Pan, 15-Inch, Tan
Known for providing the international specialties, there is no doubt that Nordic offers the best features that you may not find elsewhere. It offers variety of unique yet the most authentic and traditional products that of course are quite influenced by the different countries all across the globe. Moving on further, each of it nearly cirrus 10 years of warranty so that you can be rest assured that your investment will not go in vain at all. Moving further, there is a premium heavy weight aluminized steel pan that ensure the heat is evenly distributed to its edges without any problem. If you are considering it for the general purpose, then you can use it as a pancake pan too
- It is made for the Spain’s famous paella
- Divides heat evenly to edges
- Best suited for general purpose high-sided griddle
- Premium heavyweight aluminized steel
- Made in the USA with Taiwan handles
6. Enamelled Steel Valencian paella pan 12Inch / 30cm / 4 Servings
This product offers high end quality solution. It is basically designed to offer you the most quality cooking recipe called Paella which is originally from Valencia, Spain. It basically is made in the carbon steel pan and guess what? This steel pan is of the same quality material. Besides, it is also finely coated with white and black enamel which would make sure there is no further rusting taking place. Of course, it is quite easy to clean up and you don’t really have to put extra efforts. Now you can save the space because this over is capable to serve up to 4 people. It is of course the most safest one for the on a grill and stove-tops too. It is advised for you to use it with the Castevia Gas Burner.
- This is an easy care item
- It has the porcelain finish
- It has been reasonably non-stick.
- There is non-stick -Enameled coating
- You get Black Handles
7. Sertodo Copper PP 12 Alicante Paella Cooking Pan
Sertodo Copper stands for the lovely presentation for any type of occasion be it the Rustic Backyard table setting or the traditional holiday dinner. It is also the best solution that can help you maintain the balance between the ancient and modern solution with a good respect for the craft and the work that is related to the human hand. This product is designed to offer the best professional performance for large crepes, Paella, and sauces if there are any.
- It offers the finest quality with hammer polish that beats the shine
- It offers the lasting yet natural non-stick cooking surface solution
- There is a pure heavy gauge copper with a complete recycle sources for the unsurpassed conductivity
- You get Stainless steel handling solution for easy handling and cooling option
- It has the dimension of15 inch that serves 6-8 and 18 inch that serves 10-12
8. Mauviel 5277.35 M’Elite Paella pan, 13.8, Stainless
To maintain a perfect blend between the innovation and tradition, if you are looking out for the right solution then certainly, this cooking pan is right for you. This is the best pan that can be used for serving purpose as well. It has the non-dripping edge with the Multi-ply 18/10 Stainless steel that of course is worth to try out. SO if investment is your concern and you are not really sure on how to start with the product that can be totally worth, then certainly this pan is answer for all your concerns. It has the stainless steel handling that is fixed with Stainless steel rivets. Mauviel is known to be the leading cookware manufacturer for professional and household chefs throughout the world
- It offers the high performance with 2.6 mm thickness
- Made in France from 1830
- It is absolutely safe to be cleaned in dishwasher
- Pouring rims on every shape
- You can use it on all surfaces of cooking be it electric, gas, or halogen stovetops
- You can enjoy lasting warranty without any problem
9. Polished Steel Valencian paella pan 12 Inch (30cm) 4 Servings
This high end quality product is originally made in Valencia. It is one of the popular Polished Steel Paella Pan that can hold up to 4 servings without any hassle. Known for the unique manufacturing process, there is no doubt that such type of pan is quite resistant as compared to other competing brands. Such type of pan is mostly used by the professional chefs as well. Known to maintain the authentic taste at traditional level of the authentic Valencian Paella there is no doubt that this is the best product to choose. Of course, there are certain instructions which are given and which you need to go through.
- Designed for 4 servings, this is 12 inch (30 cm) Traditional polished steel paella pan
- It offers the high end quality product
- It has been originally manufactured in Valencia, Spain.
10. Chef Direct Stainless Steel Round Dish Paella Pan
This is one sturdy quality of pan which has the finest mirror finishing. It has two ways handle for better gripping and of course, it is designed for the sturdy grip. Known for the traditional authentic cook over an open fire, there is no doubt that this pan is the best solution for your entire problem. It is induction ready and can make any kind of item just perfect for you. This pan is best to be used for making delicious yet the most traditional Spanish rice and seafood paella. With lasting warranty and great quality, of course, this product is worth to put your investment.
- The paella pan is made from the sturdy quality of stainless steel
- Known for the heavy duty performance and lasting usage, of course, this pan is perfect to be used
- You can make traditional Spanish Rice in this stainless steel option to make sure hygienic condition is well followed.
- It can serve around 2 people easily
- This is best suited for any type of small or big occasion.
- With Diameter 8″ x 1.2”Height, this silver colour pan is a must try
Buying Guide – What to Consider During the purchase?
I think you must read this guideline if you are planning to purchase your fir paella pan.
This is the foremost important things that you should consider as you plan to buy a paella pan. Talking about the size, you need to consider the number of people for whom you will be cooking Paella for. Also note whether this dish would be ate by one, two or by all the family members of 6 or 4. Depending on this, you will be able to decide on whether you need a large pan to create spicy paella or the smaller one. Paella pan comes generally with a wide diameter that can vary from 8-inches to 32 or 35-inches. Along with the diameter, it is also important for you to consider the pan depth. With the help of depth, it becomes convenient for you to hold ample of rice along with other ingredients such as shrimp, mussels, fish, clams, and even Chorizo sausage.
- Pan Material
Compromising on the quality does not make any sense especially when you are planning to try out some authentic unique dish. There are different types of pan and each have its particular pros and cons. Of course, there is no single material as the priorities of all changes accordingly. Talking of which, the most traditional one is the carbon steel which has a slight edge in terms of how well it conducts the heat and even the reactive metal. Moving on further, here comes the Stainless steel pan which is quite gorgeous and has mirror finishing. It of course, makes the lovely gift and is quite easy to maintain. Enameled steel pans are talk of the town because they are well coated with the black enamel finishing which definitely will not rust.
Certainly, by now you know that paella is an authentic Spanish dish and of course, to cook it in Valencian way, you must have the right type of pan. Understand that this dish is not just cooked but also is served in the pan and not in some regular dish. It has a distinctive shape which is more like large and round with wide base and shallow depth.
Other than this, price and comparison amongst the different brands is also important. See to it that you choose the right type of pan which is not just cost friendly but also good in terms of quality too. Every material and size will have its perks and drawbacks. So make sure you think carefully before you invest in it. After all, to have a mouth relishing food, it is important that you have the right pan to cook too.
So, What’s The Final Verdict?
Whether you are a newbie in Spanish cooking or want to show your cooking passion by creating some rich spicy paella dish for your loved ones, the above mentioned list will help you cook the dish just similar to that of a professional. With incredible quality, there is no doubt that this pan can be an ideal choice. Besides, all the above products are well made with the help of the right specifications that can contribute in making the paella the authentic Spanish way.