You might have come across ample recipes that include the use of a jelly roll pan. Finally, if you have made up your mind and decided to choose the right one for your new recipe then certainly, you are on the right page. The first thing you need to know is there is ample difference between a baking sheet and a jelly roll pan. Most of the people get confused between the two. However, both vary in sizes and quality too. For the first time users, such confusion is most likely to come. A jelly roll pan comes in 10½ by 15½ inches. This is a smaller version of the baking sheet which is usually in 12 by 18 inches.
Many people have a baking sheet in their kitchen as it is the most versatile option. But when you see a recipe that particularly specifies a jelly roll pan use in it then certainly you should go with that one. It basically would enhance the taste which a baking sheet, of course, would not replace. The baking sheet has got ample uses like to roast the vegetable batch, making more of cookies, creating a large sheet of cake to name a few. In case of jelly roll pace, this we can say could be an addition to your kitchen but certainly of use. Many people generally use it to taste nuts or even to cook asparagus.
If you haven’t every prepared ingredient that is needed for a rolled cake then it means, you never had a jelly roll pan with you. It is always better to stock up your kitchen with the right type of cake pans especially if you frequently experiment with a new taste, style and recipe of baking products. You might get tempted to substitute that can be for jelly roll pan but of course, chances are high that you will get an overcooked cake
Best Buy Jelly Roll Pans Reviews 2020
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Jelly Roll Pans Reviews 2020
- 1. USA Pan 1605CR Jelly Roll Baking Pan and Bakeable Nonstick Cooling Rack
- 2. Doughmakers 10311 Jelly Roll Commercial Grade Aluminium Bake Pan 10 x 15
- 3. Chicago Metallic Commercial II Traditional Uncoated Jelly-Roll Pan
- 4. Wilton Recipe Right Cookie/Jelly Roll Pan, 17-1/4 by 11-1/2-Inch
- 5. Calphalon Classic Bakeware Special Value Nonstick Jelly Roll Pans
- 6. Norpro Commercial Grade Aluminum Jelly Roll Pan
- 7. Kitchen Supply Stainless Steel Jelly Roll Pan
- 8. Fat Daddio’s Anodized Aluminum Jelly Roll Pan
- Jelly Roll Pan Buying Guide – What To Look For It?
Before we move on to understand different jelly roll pans we can try out, it is first important to understand what does such utensil do. This pan is one kind of a sheet pan that is designed to make thin sponges or even the sheet of the cake.
It is quite sturdy for which you can coat it out with jelly or cream or any other kind of filling. Such type of pan is made from different materials but usually, it is aluminized steel jelly roll pans that are sold in the market on a large scale.
1. USA Pan 1605CR Jelly Roll Baking Pan and Bakeable Nonstick Cooling Rack
Known for the quality and efficient service, this manufacturer will surely offer the best jelly pan than you can get in the market. The jelly pan along with baking and cooling racks and sheets is available in different sizes. Whether you are planning to use it in your kitchen or the workhorse, it can surely match your needs. Every single piece of it is used as a set which makes it more of a versatile tool in the kitchen utensil. This is Aluminized steel bakeware that most of the professional experts and commercial bakeries prefer. It is, of course, sturdy, has extra superior length and is known to offer the best performance. This jelly pan is not just functional but also has unique corrugated surfaces that enhance the non-stick properties and put extra strength to the pan
- It is durable and reliable for the ideal heating
- This classic roll pan comes with corrugated surface
- It has a Nonstick Americoat coating
- It is PFOA free
- You can easily clean it off
- There is a reinforced Steel Wire Rim
- The product measures 13. 75 x 8. 62 x 0. 5 inches
2. Doughmakers 10311 Jelly Roll Commercial Grade Aluminium Bake Pan 10 x 15
This is one efficient choice for most of the professional bakers since it is made of Aluminium. The reason why this product is trending in the market is that it is not just best in quality but is made of Aluminium that heats up at a faster pace and at the very same speed it cools down too. It bakes quite well than any other surface. Besides, it has a patented pebble pattern which is made in Indiana. The reason why you should choose this option is that it lets the airflow under the goods that are baked. This way, you notice more browning and quick release too. It also has got all non-stick properties so you can rest assured that there is no rust or scratching.
- It lets the airflow under the good that you bake. This way you get better baking and browning
- The dependency on oil reduces to a great extent
- You can use a knife and even metal spatula without worrying about the scratches
- The performance of the pan is quite touching
- It is known to offer a healthy baking solution
- It measures 15 x 10 x 0.75 inch which is quite sufficient for you
3. Chicago Metallic Commercial II Traditional Uncoated Jelly-Roll Pan
You get this pan in a set of two. It is the most convenient, durable quality pan that you can get in the market today. It is made from the heavy-duty aluminized steel that you get in both traditional and durable coating. The diamond quality offers the non-stick option and is best suited for the ultimate professionals to enjoy the baking experience. With a lifetime warranty and great result, there is no doubt that you get the best quality pan from the finest craftsmanship. It is the best choice for bakers who always want to have the best design and quality. It offers professional-grade durability and is made from heavyweight heavy-duty steel that gives you a superior heating solution.
- It is perfectly suitable for jelly rolls, one-sheet dinners, and even cookies.
- It is made from the aluminized steel that gives the finest heating conduction solution
- You get more of a traditional cooking approach
- It has uncoated baking surface
- These products measures 16.75-inch by 12-inch by 1-inch
- It is safe to be used in the dishwasher
4. Wilton Recipe Right Cookie/Jelly Roll Pan, 17-1/4 by 11-1/2-Inch
If you are planning to experiment this time with desserts and have come across a recipe in which it has clearly stated the use of jelly pan then probably, buying this option is the right one for you. Whether you want to make something unique and creative dessert or want to decorate a cupcake, this is the best pan you can plan to choose Wilton is known to offer some great accessories and topping that can help to make your decorative artwork on dessert look incredible. Talking of which Jelly pan is one such similar option. This aluminum chafing pan is sturdy in quality and gives your food a better taste just the way you expect it to have.
- It is a low price aluminum chafing pan
- It is a leading kitchenware product
- manufactured in china, this pan offers lasting usability
- It is easy to wash off merely with your hands
5. Calphalon Classic Bakeware Special Value Nonstick Jelly Roll Pans
If budget is the restriction and you don’t want to compromise with the quality too then this pan is a perfect answer for all your baking concerns. It has the shallow side that lets you bake the small size of food like fries and fish fillets as well conveniently. This advanced nonstick surface ensures that you will be able to bake the goods without any problems. Besides, it has a tow tone design that means a silver-grey surface which lets you get sufficing time to bake and grey surface for protection from over-browning
- It is known to have heavy-duty construction
- You get set of 2 jelly pan
- It has a two-tone surface for better browning
- There is no warping or twisting involved
- You get a lifetime warranty
- It is safe for an oven to be heated up to 450 degrees
- It is made from aluminized steel
6. Norpro Commercial Grade Aluminum Jelly Roll Pan
If you are looking forward to baking cookies, biscuits or pastries, and fries then rest assured this pan is the best answer for all your recipe needs. It has all the sides around which lets the pan be used for fudge, candy and most importantly jelly rolls as well. In case, you are buying such a product for the first time then be rest assured as this product is made of sturdy quality and has a great design which of course is a must one to be placed in your kitchen too. Do not get confused about this pan with the bakery sheet both are different. Loaded with ample of features, the company certainly has managed to offer a sturdy quality product at great pricing.
- If you always had hard luck in trying easy baking then this may solve your problem.
- It is easy to wash and can be used as and when needed without worrying about damages
- It is also used as a dark cookie sheet
- The product measures 45.7cm x 33.0cm x 2.5cm (18inches x 13inches x 1inch_
- It is made from commercial grade aluminum
7. Kitchen Supply Stainless Steel Jelly Roll Pan
This is another incredible stainless steel jelly pan that is worth to try out. This pan is known to be useful and cost-friendly too. It is known to offer great recipe results just the way you must have seen in the pictures of the recipe which you made. As compared to other competitors in the market, it certainly has gained a lot of attention because of the results. Besides, most of the professional experts also advise this pan if you want to try some new recipes especially the one that has desserts.
- It is oven and dishwasher safe
- You get high mirror finishing and polishing
- Even at the 500 temperature, this pan can work flawlessly
- It does not come across any damage
- It is made 18/0 stainless steel Made of
- It measures 10.5″ x 15.5″
8. Fat Daddio’s Anodized Aluminum Jelly Roll Pan
For those who are looking for value for money solution must certainly go for this option. This roll pan is known for its best performance with great safety measures. It is made from heavy-duty construction and is quite sturdy too. There is no extra metal, chemical coating or welds used for creating such pan. The result that you get is certainly the best. This pan is best suited to be used for sauce, citrus-based fruit and even food. You can also further use it for pastry, cookies and sauces and bread along with frozen foods too. It comes with non-reactive anodized finishing which makes it, even more, user-friendly.
- It is easy to use and does not require much hassle to clean up
- It heats up and cool downs faster
- It is best for pastures, cookies and even bars and squares
- It is made of 14 gauge anodized aluminium
- There is no extra metal used
- You get lasting warranty
Jelly Roll Pan Buying Guide – What To Look For It?
Before you decide to buy the jelly roll pan, it is important that you first clearly understand, what are the things to be considered exactly, when it comes to shopping to the right one. Given are some of the important things you need to consider. The given below tips are of course useful. However, from your end make sure you put some extra efforts to understand what things can make your decision more efficient and you will not have to repent about it.
- Know the Purpose
Jelly roll pan is used for baking cooking, roasting vegetables and even the baking rolled cakes like yule, jelly rolls, pumpkin rolls to name a few. Whether you are making a cake for which specifically this type of pan is advised or you are planning to roast vegetables using this pan and include some other interesting ingredient to add flavor, nit is important for you to understand the right purpose and accordingly buy the pan that can suit your requirements.
- Quality Matters
It is the most important thing to not ignore. This pan is available in different quality based materials. Some may give you great results while some may not. You must speak with an expert or the chef who has been using such a type of pan for a long time. This will save a lot of your effort and time. But remember, do not compromise with the quality of the pan that you will be using. Stainless steel, aluminum, and even the non-stick jelly roll pan are available. To understand the effect, it is always better to go as per the reviews and decide as per the metal quality.
- Know the Dimension to be used
For the first time users, this could be pretty confusing at the initial stage. However, the dimension would vary depending upon your needs. Most of the pans usually come in small size as compared to that of the half sheet pan which is mostly 13” by 18” with 1” depth. Mostly such roll pan is available in 1/4 size and 1/2 size. 1/4 size jelly roll comes with 9″ by 13″ and 1″ deep while 1/2 size jelly roll measure 12” by 17” and 1” deep
- Understand the Edges Difference
Generally, a jelly roll pan is a versatile utensil that is used. However, as said earlier, many people get confused between the cookie sheet and the pan to be used for the jelly roll. For this, the only difference you can recognize is the one-inch edge. Generally, such types of pans have a one-inch edge whereas if you consider a cookie sheet, it is usually flat and does not have any kind of edge.
- Size matters too
Choose the pan which is quite heavy in size. It is advised to go for such an option so that you will be able to hold the pan and even divide the heat in the right manner at the bottom to whatever you will be roasting or baking. It is also quite durable. There are different jelly roll baking pans available. You must have the knack to understand which could be the better ones to match your needs.
So What’s The Final Verdict
Jelly roll pan is user-friendly and the price of the same may vary depending upon the quality and brand that you are planning to buy. Of course, to have such a type of pan can be helpful since it is handy. You don’t have to worry about your cake being crumbled, cracked up or even burnt. But see to it that you research well, compare different pans, ask for your friends or family members review and then decide on which option to choose.
Take time, compare and then make the decision. After all, it is one kind of investment that you don’t want to repent about later. So start with your homework today.
Editor's Note: Article Was Last Updated on