Cooking an egg is simple, isn’t it? But achieving the perfect soft, medium, or hard boiled egg is not that easy. If you have already tried doing it, then you would know the complexity of achieving the required condition. This is why it is best recommended that you purchase an egg cooker.
Egg cookers have different benefits
- Egg cookers come in a compact size
- Cooking egg in an egg cooker provides consistent results
- Egg cookers allow the user to soft, medium, and hard-boil the egg with ease
- An egg cooker is easy to use and clean
Purchasing an egg cooker is easy, but it gets complicated while selecting the best product from the market today. It is estimated that there could be more than 100+ egg cookers available on the market right now, it could come from different brands or the same brand. However, based on certain factors, we have selected 10 top rated egg cookers available on the market today. Feel free to purchase any product on this list and enjoy the complete benefit of using egg cooker. Also see the list for the Best Omelette Pan 2020.
Best Buy Egg Cookware Reviews 2020
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Egg Cookware Reviews 2020
- 1. Dash Rapid Egg Cooker: 6 Egg Capacity
- 2. Elite Cuisine EGC-007G Maxi-Matic ~
- 3. Hamilton Beach 25500 Egg Cooker
- 4. VonShef 7- Egg Electric Cooker Stainless Steel
- 5. Egg Genie by Big Boss, The Original Rapid Egg Cooker
- 6. Dash Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker: 12 Egg Capacity Electric Egg Cooker
- 7. Maverick SEC-2 Henrietta Hen Egg Cooker
- 8. Better Chef IM-470S Stainless Steel Electric Egg Cooker
- 9. Elite Cuisine EGC-007B Maxi-Matic ~
- 10. Chefman Electric Egg Cooker/Boiler
- Egg Cooker Buying Guide, Clean & Caring Instructions
- Clean and Caring Instructions
- How to use an Egg Cooker for the first time
1. Dash Rapid Egg Cooker: 6 Egg Capacity
This Egg cooker comes from the brand Dash and is one of the best-selling egg cookers available on the market right now. Its comes with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, one of the notable things about this product it is easy to use and clean, all you have to do is simply place the eggs at the appropriate positions and close the lid. The product comes incorporated with timer option and auto shut off option that switches off the device at the right time and right temperature
- This egg cooker can cook up to 6 eggs at a time
- This product is best recommended for purposes that include hardboiled egg, poached egg, soft boiled egg, individual omelets, and scrambled eggs
- Another notable thing about this product is that it comes lightweight and in a compact size
- The product could be used to boil 6 eggs, separate poaching of 2 eggs, and 1 omelet
- The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this product
2. Elite Cuisine EGC-007G Maxi-Matic ~
Maxi-Matic is one of the top manufacturers and marketer of egg cookers, this product comes from the same brand and boasts excellent quality and features that could stand second to no other egg cookers. This product almost looks like the above listed egg cooker the notable things about this product is that it allows the user to cook a maximum of 7 eggs at a time with ease
- The product could be used to soft, medium, hard boil the egg in such a way that it would be easy for the user to peel off the shell
- The product is designed to save time and water at the same time
- The entire product is easy to clean and use
- This egg cooker comes incorporated with auto off and inbuilt timer option that could switch off the egg cooker at the right time and at the right temperature
- The product comes with measuring cup, poaching tray, and omelet tray
3. Hamilton Beach 25500 Egg Cooker
Hamilton Beach, as you know, is one of the top manufacturer and marketer of home appliances, this egg cooker comes from the same brand and is one of the best selling egg cookers available on the market today. This egg cooker comes with attachments like measuring cup, poaching tray, and egg piercing tool
- The product could be used to cook more a maximum of 7 eggs at a time
- One of the notable things about this product is that it comes in a versatile design that allows the user to soft, medium, and hard-boils the egg.
- Another notable thing about this product is that it comes with a timer that beeps when the eggs are done, therefore, notifying the user
- The product comes in a design that saves space and simple functioning
- The product could be used to poach a maximum of 3-eggs at a time
4. VonShef 7- Egg Electric Cooker Stainless Steel
VonShef as the Hamilton Beach is one of the top manufacturers, marketer top rated egg cookers, and this product is one of the best-selling product from the same brand. This egg cooker is that it comes with a stainless steel flat heating plate that makes the cleaning easy. The manufacturer has incorporated auto shutoff and over temperature protection function that protects the device from over cooking
- This product comes in a sleek design and has lightweight
- The entire product is made of high quality material and is designed for fast and easy use
- Another notable thing about this product is that it comes incorporated with indicator lights that could notify you if the power is on/off and if the water level is low
- This product could cook a total of 7 eggs at a time
5. Egg Genie by Big Boss, The Original Rapid Egg Cooker
This egg cooker comes from the brand Egg Genie and is one of the best selling egg cookers available on the market right now. It comes with an inbuilt cooking timer that allows the user to put egg for cooking and engage in some other work rather than waiting for the egg to get done.The manufacturer alos offers a poaching tray and steel piercing pin to make things easier for the user
- This product could be used to cook a maximum of 7 eggs at a time
- The product could soft, medium, and hard boil the egg with ease
- The notable thing about this product is that it comes with a transparent lid that allows the user to keep track of the cooking process
- The entire product comes lightweight and has a compact size
6. Dash Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker: 12 Egg Capacity Electric Egg Cooker
This egg cooker comes from the brand Dash and is perhaps the highest capacity egg cooker on this list. It comes with a buzzer that could alert the user once the egg is done. This product could be used to cook a maximum of 12 eggs at a time. The manufacturer offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on this product. Its auto shutoff mechanism prevent over cooking of the egg
- The whole product is easy to use and clean
- The product could be used to soft, medium, and hard-boil the egg. This egg cooker could also be used to prepare a scrambled egg, poached egg, and omelet.
- This product could be used to perform two different purposes at the same time
- The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this product
7. Maverick SEC-2 Henrietta Hen Egg Cooker
Maverick is one of the top egg cooker brands that manufacture and markets egg cookers today. This product is no different unlike other egg cookers, this egg cooker comes in a unique hen like shape and design
- The overall dimension of this egg cooker is approximately 7×7.5×8.5-Inches
- This egg cooker could be used to soft, medium, and hard-boil the egg
- The manufacturer offers a piercing pin and poaching tray with this egg cooker
- It is dishwasher safe and comes with removable parts
- This egg cooker could cook up to 7 eggs at a time and poach 4 eggs at a time
- The product comes with a power base that has 1 of 3 water levels that enables different types of boiling
8. Better Chef IM-470S Stainless Steel Electric Egg Cooker
This product comes from the brand Better Chef and is one of the simplest egg cookers available on the market right now.This product is made of stainless steel and is guaranteed to stay for a long time. The product could be used to cook up to 7 eggs at a time. It comes with insulated handles that allow the user to carry the egg cooker with ease
- The indicator lights incorporated into this product notifies the user about the status of cooking
- The product could be used to soft, medium, and hard-boil the egg with ease
- Another notable thing about this egg cooker is that it comes with a buzzer that could notify the user when the eggs are done
- This product comes with a transparent lid that allows the user to keep track of the cooking progress
9. Elite Cuisine EGC-007B Maxi-Matic ~
Yet another egg cooker from the same brand Maxi-Matic that comes with almost the same features.
- This product comes with features that allow the user to soft, medium, and hard-boil the egg with ease
- This egg cooker could cook up to 7 eggs at a time and the cooking is done in such a way that it is easy to peel off the shell after cooking
- The product is easy to use and clean all you have to do is simply fill the water in the cooker and press the power on button. One the cooking is completed, remove the tray wash the tray and place it back
- This egg cooker comes with inbuilt timer and auto shutoff feature that switches off the device at the right time or temperature
- This manufacturer offers poaching tray, omelet tray, and egg tray with this product
10. Chefman Electric Egg Cooker/Boiler
Yet another egg cooker from the brad Chefman that comes with attractive features that stand second to no other egg cookers.
- One of the notable things about this product is that it is designed to be dishwasher safe
- The product functioning is not just limited to cooking the egg, but also could be used to steam vegetables and other food items
- The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this product
- The manufacturer has incorporated transparent lid into this product that enables the user to keep track of the cooking process with ease
- This product could be used to cook up to 6 eggs at a time
- The manufacturer provides poaching tray, omelet tray, and egg tray with this egg cooker
Egg Cooker Buying Guide, Clean & Caring Instructions
No doubt egg cooker is the lifesaver for every beginner cooks. As simple as it looks, there are other important aspects to this appliance as well.
Let’s have a look at the various features of a standard Egg Cooker and their respective functions-
1. Measuring Cup – This helps you in determining the amount of water that should be used while boiling or poaching the eggs.
2. Egg Tray – The egg tray as the name suggests, is used to hold the eggs while cooking and acts as a separator between the egg bowl and the water containing layer.
3. Lid – Used to cover the entire vessel, this helps in keeping the steam within the appliance.
4. Cover handle – This helps in removing or adjusting the cover while the vessel is still hot.
5. Steamer hole – The steamer hole is a passageway for the accumulated steam in the vessel.
6. Plug – The plug helps in completing the connection between the vessel and the source of power.
7. Body – Body refers to the overall appliance comprising of all the parts mentioned above.
Working off an Egg Cooker
The egg cooker operates on the simple principle of evaporation and condensation. The appliance has a heating element that conducts electricity once it is plugged in. The different trays allow for either boiling, poaching or even making scrambled eggs and omelet. Once water has been filled in the base till the required level, heat converts water to steam and condenses on the eggs. The eggs are on a separate layer as that of water. Since the steam has more energy obtained from water, this helps in cooking the eggs. A thermostat determines the temperature of the water while the appliance is working.
Types of egg cookers
Egg Cookers can be classified regarding the taste of the consumer for-
- Boiled eggs
- Poached eggs
- Scrambled Eggs
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Soft boiled Eggs
Regarding brands, below mentioned is the classification-
- Elite Cuisine EGC-508 Egg Cooker
- KRUPS Egg Cooker
- Elite Cuisine EGC-007 Egg Cooker
- Dash Rapid Egg Cooker
- Cuisinart CEC-10 Egg Cooker
Clean and Caring Instructions
➢ Step 1: Make sure you unplug the cooker before removing the lid.
➢ Step 2: Remove the eggs with the help of a small spatula
➢ Step 3: The lid and trays should preferably be washed on the top shelf of a dishwasher. You can also prefer warm soapy water for washing the same.
➢ Step 4: The main body of the egg cooker can be cleaned with a wiping cloth.
➢ Step 5: Clean the heating plate with vinegar to avoid limescale.
➢ Step 6: It is ideal to no use any form of abrasive scrubs as it may leave scratches on the appliance.
Below mentioned are a few dishes that can be easily prepared using an Egg Cooker-
Poached Eggs –
- Fill the required amount of cold water in the cup and pour it into the center
- Place the egg holder and subsequently the poaching tray
- Crack the eggs into each poaching section, close the lid and let it cook for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Once the egg cooker makes a sound, press the off switch and serve.
Hard Boiled Eggs –
- Fill the measuring cup with the required amount of water and pour the same into the center of the appliance.
- Place the egg holder, and the required no of eggs on it.
- Place the lid and press on ‘ON’ switch
- Remove once the cooker makes a noise with the help of handle.
Eggs are an important source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. If you are usually in a hurry and need your food to be cooked fast, then egg cooker is a good fix.
With the right amount of research while purchasing and the right amount of care while usage, this appliance can be really useful for years to come.
How to use an Egg Cooker for the first time
Egg cooker usually has two layers bottom layer holds the required amount of water to boil eggs and the upper layer has several slots to hold a specific number of eggs. It also has a timer to set the cooking time of the egg as per need.
- For first time users, you must have to read the product manual carefully and set the parameters as required. First, you have put water as per the instruction in the cooker, then put the eggs in their slots and set the timer accordingly. For soft boiled egg you have to put the timer between 3-5 minutes and for hard-boiled eggs, the required time is close to 8-10 minutes. After setting the timer close the lid of the cooker and plug into a 220-volt power supply. If you are using the US-made products then you have to use a special adaptor for power supply because in USA device like these operates on 110volts power supply.
- Some modern egg cookers also have an extra boiling level its called medium boiling. Most of the egg cookers are equipped with auto switch off technology so the cooking automatically stops after it is done. There are some models equipped with measures cup so that you can easily measure the amount of water you need for cooking.
After the cooking is done it is best to keep the plug off from the socket and gently clean the inside of the cooker with a warm towel. You have to carefully monitor the water level does not exist the specific limit or overflows the water layer of the device as it can cause damage to the electrical circuit of the cooker. Moreover while using adhere to the instructions written in the manual so that you can enjoy the after-sales service of the product.
All the egg cookers listed above comes from the top brands and are best-selling products until today. These products were selected only based on the product description, the quality, and the customer reviews.
Editor's Note: Article Was Last Updated on