Top 10 Best Cookie Cutters 2020 Reviews & Buying Guide
I am a big lover of cookies and I have been eating cookies from the age of 10-years. I never knew how to bake a cookie and how difficult it is to cut the cookie dough. It was at the age of 17 I actually learned to bake cookies. However, it was not that easy, if you know how the cookies were made back then, you will understand the difficulty of cutting the dough into the perfect shape.
Top Selling Cookie Cutters
Table of Contents
|1. K&S Artisan Round Cookie Biscuit Cutter set
||2. Wilton Cookie Cutters Set
||3. Fox Run 3683 Dog Bone Cookie Cutter Set
|Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
There was a time when cutting the dough was not that easy as there were no ready made cutters available that could ease the process of cutting the dough in the required shape. We had to make the cutter in the required shape and then cut the dough. However, today, we have ready made cookie cutters that could allow any user to cut the dough. All he/she has to do is prepare the dough, pick the cookie cutter and cut the dough. Nevertheless, how does one purchase the best cookie cutter from a large number of products out there on the market? Let me frank, it was not easy for me to pick my first cookie cutter. The brand, the shape, the material, the quality, the type of product, and the price it is all there, it is not easy to consider all these factors and purchase the product. I also shared recently a list of best pizza cutter please also check it.
To make it simple for you based on the customer reviews we have shortlisted the best rated cookie cutters that anyone could get today.
Best Buy Cookie Cutters Reviews For 2020
1. K&S Artisan Heavy Duty Round Cookie Biscuit Cutter
- Designed for heavy duty
- Comes in a pack of 11 pieces
- Comes with measurement number stamped on it
- The diameter of the cookie cutter ranges from 1-3.5 inches
- Comes with a thin blade like edges that enables the user to use the cutter efficiently
- Best recommended to make bakery style biscuits
- Each cookie cutter in this set comes in a circular shape making it not only useful for cookies but also for a biscuit.
- Made of commercial grade stainless steel
- Designed to be resistant to rust and stain
- This product is dishwasher safe
- This product is oven and gas safe
2. Wilton Cookie Cutters Set, 101-Piece — Alphabet, Numbers and Holiday Cookie Cutters
- Comes in a pack of 101 cookie cutters
- Has a 1/3 inch comfort edge and a deep blade that makes the cookie cutter easy to use
- The entire set of product is made of plastic
- Designed in a way that it is easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe product
- Best recommended for cookies and sandwiches
- Best usable for valentine’s day, Easter, Christmas, and Fourth of July
- This product could be used for fun and for crafting too
3. Fox Run 3683 Dog Bone Cookie Cutter Set, Stainless Steel, 3-Piece
- Comes in a set of 3 cookie cutters
- The cookie cutters in this set have a size that ranges from 2 inches to 3.5 inches
- The entire product is made of high quality stainless steel
- Best recommended for baking biscuit that has a shape of a bone
- Comes in a compact shape that could enable the user to store the cookie cutter with ease
- Not dishwasher recommended, the product should be hand washed
- Comes in a shine and luster finish
- Sharp edges that allow the user to cut through the dough with ease
4. Ultra Cuisine Round Cookie Biscuit Cutter Set – 11 Graduated Circle Pastry Cutters
- Comes in a set of 11 cookie cutter pieces
- Each cookie cutter comes with a size that ranges from 1-3.5 inches
- Best recommended for cutting pastries, scones, cookies, sandwiches, and pie
- Made of 18/8 food grade 304 stainless steel
- Sharp edges that would enable the user to cut the dough with ease
- BPA free material
- Guaranteed to release no chemicals to the food
- Could be used as decorating stencil
- Comes in a circular shape allowing the user to cut circular dough, therefore, circular cookies
5. Christmas/Holiday Cookie Cutter Set with Recipe Book
- Are you in a mood to bake Christmas cookies or anything
- Comes in a pack of 5 pieces
- Food safe product
- Includes snowflakes, star, Christmas trees, angle, and ginger man shape
- Made of tin plated steel
- Manufactured in the United States of America
- Best recommended for cutting bread, fruits, cheese, fondant, pancake
- Not designed to be dishwasher safe, the manufacturer suggests it should be hand washed
- Long lasting sharp edges that could enable the user cut any dough with ease
- 1 inch deep cookie cutter
6. StarPack Christmas Cookie Cutters Set (18 Piece)
- Comes in a pack of 18 pieces of cookie cutter
- Safe and healthy to use
- BPA free product
- Comes with a cooking guide that could help you cook new cookie recipes with ease
- Made of stainless steel
- Certified to be 100% genuine
- Few of the top cookie cutter included in this product is reindeer cookie cutter, bell cookie cutter, stocking cookie cutter, heart cookie cutter, linzer cookie cutter, snowman cookie cutter, candy cane cookie cutter
7. Wilton Holiday Mini Cookie Cutter set (6)
- Comes in a pack of 6 cookie cutters
- Best recommended as a Christmas gift for your loved ones who love to bake cookies
- The entire set of products are made of metal
- Rust resistant and stain resistant material
- Durable and ergonomic design
- This cookie cutter set comes in minimum size and we recommend it not to be purchased if you have any commercial use rather than personal use
8. Dog Bone/Dog Biscuit Cookie Cutters for Homemade Treats
- Best recommended for people who love to feed their dog cookies
- Comes in a pack of 5 cookie cutters
- The entire product is certified and guaranteed to be food safe
- BPA free material
- Made of stainless steel
- Could cut the dough in the shape of a bone, making it look funnier so could be used if your kids love cookies that come in different shapes
- Sharp edges that cut through the dough with ease
- I-inch deep cutter
- The size of the cookie cutter ranges from 2 to 5 inches
9. Dinosaur Cookie Cutter Set with Recipe Book
- Comes in a pack of 5 cookie cutters
- The entire set of product is dinosaur theme based
- The product is made in America and tested of its quality
- Made of tin plated steel that is resistant to stain and rust
- Comes with a recipe book incorporated that could enable the user to try new types of cookies
- Certified to be food safe
- BPA free material
- Designed in such a way that it could cut the dough with ease
- Lightweight and durable at the same time
10. Happy Gingerbread Man Cookie Cutter – Ann Clark – 5 Inches – US Tin Plated Steel
- Designed for heavy duty use
- Made of heavy duty plated steel
- Tested and certified to be food safe
- The entire product is made in the USA
- Best recommended for cutting gingerbread man shaped dough
- Not designed to be dishwasher safe
- BPA and chemical free material
- The entire size of the product is 5 inches
- Sharp edges for easy cutting
How To Choose The Right Cookie Cutters
Acquiring the desired shape cookie is not something easy; it requires a great level of expertise or a cookie cutter. A cookie cutter always serves the purpose of cutting the cookie dough with ease. All you have to do is simply stamp out the cookie shape; here is a buying guide that can help you select the best cookie cutters from the market today.
Material – A cookie cutter could be made of metal, plastic, glass, or wood. The user has the option to choose from any of the material according to his/her preference.
A metal cookie cutter could be made of aluminum, stainless steel, tin, or even copper.
- Aluminum – Aluminum cookie cutters are thin and they are resistant to rust. They could cut through the dough without making a mess. However, if handle them without care then it could bend and prove useless.
- Stainless steel – Stainless steel cookie cutters are the best-recommended cookie cutters as they do not rust, bend, or lose their shape with time.
- Tin – A tin cookie cutter is not recommend as they could rust if left without drying and they could bend easily if not handled properly.
- Copper – Copper cookie cutters are comparatively expensive than the other entire cookie cutters and they are highly decorative. However, if the cleaning is not proper it could tarnish over time.
A plastic cookie cutter is inexpensive and could last for a long time. It could come with handles or without handles. The edges of plastic cookie cutter is comparatively less sharp, therefore, it is good for kids. Yet another important thing about plastic cookie cutter is that it is easy to clean and store.
When it comes to wooden and glass cookie cutters we do not recommend it, as they are not durable and is expensive.
Type of cookie cutter – There is two type of cookie cutter that you can consider purchasing, 3D cookie cutter, cookie press, and vintage cookie cutter. Both the types have different overall design and a difference in how they cut the dough.
- 3D cookie cutter – A 3D cookie cutter is recommended for anyone who needs a 3D shape cookie; this type of cookie cutter cuts the dough in such a way that, after baking, the pieces can be assembled to form a 3D model.
- Vintage cookie cutter – A vintage cookie cutter is one of the oldest cookie cutter types used in the world, they are made of metal, commonly aluminum or tin and, as long as, they are free from rust. It is good for use.
- Cookie press – A cookie press is not like the above-mentioned cookie cutters, to use this type of cookie cutter, the user will have to fill the cylindrical tube with dough and you will have to press the head so that the dough extrudes through a disk in the form of the shape on the disk. This type of cookie cutter could be electric or manual.
Storage – Storing a cookie cutter in the right way is very important, most of the customers we have spoken to prefer storing the cookie cutters in such a way that they could display them to others. However, if you have such an intention then remember, a cookie cutter must be packed based on the material with which they are made, if you pack a tin or aluminum cookie cutter in a box tightly then it will bend and lose their shapes. This is why we recommend that you must consider purchasing a plastic, copper, or stainless steel cookie cutter rather than tin or aluminum cookie cutters.
Cookie Cutters Cleaning & Caring Instructions
Cleaning a cookie cutter after each use is very important and the cleaning method differs based on the type of cookie cutter material. To be frank, cleaning a cookie cutter is easy, all you have to do is simply soak the cookie cutter in water for 10 minutes and then with a soft scrubber, scrub to remove the dough. Once, you complete removing the dough from the cookie cutter then rinse the cutter in water.
After rinsing, if you are using a plastic cookie cutter then with a dry cloth remove the water droplets and store it somewhere, on the other hand, if the cookie cutter is made of a metal, you will have to put the cookie cutter on a baking pan and heat it for some time to remove the water from it. Remember if you fail to remove the water or humidity from the metal cookie cutters, it could result in cookie cutter rusting.
Refer the buying guide above and it will help you select the best cookie cutters, do as mentioned in the cleaning guide above to clean your cookie cutter and keep it healthy.
How To Use a Cookie Cutter Properly?
As you know, different kinds of cookie cutters are available in the market in these days and they help you to make different designs of cookies at your home. But to use a cookie cutter, you need to know some facts and tips that help you to get a perfect and ready to be shaped cookie.
While making cookies, you need to know that chilled dough is the secret to get the perfect shape of your cookie.Here is the perfect way that helps you to use the cookie cutter in the most effective manner:
Chill the dough in disks
One best thing to keep in mind is that you need chilled dough throughout the rolling and cutting process. After mixing the dough, you need to keep it in your fridge so that it gets chilled and become perfect to make the cookie. You can make the two or three equal size of disks of the dough so that it gets chilled perfectly.
Roll out the dough in this step, you need to take out the disks one by one and roll them to get the thickness that you required for your cookie. You can play the disk on a flat and clean surface and roll it by using the rolling pin and it allows you to get the perfect thickness.
Cut the dough
While cutting the dough, you need to remember that cut the shapes close to each other to leave minimum space in the dough scraps. The scraps can be re-rolled but re rolling again and again can create overworked dough that leads to tough baked cookie.
To cut the cookies, you need to choose the right cookie cutter and then firmly press the cutter straight down and then lift the cutter straight back up without sliding and twisting the cutter. Once you lift the cutter then you can use your fingers to press the areas that help to release the dough easily. If the cookie cutter is sticking then you can dip the edges of cutter in confectioners’ sugar before cutting.
Peel away scraps and life cookies
Once shapes are cut then you can peel away the dough scraps and able to lift the cookies easily by using hands. If it is not possible to live the cookies with hands then you can use a thin and flexible spatula to life the cookie gently and then bake the cookie according to your recipe requirements.
Most of the products listed above come in a pack of more than 1 cookie cutter, this is to offer more option to the user to cut different shapes with ease. The products listed above were selected based on the quality and the reviews from the customers only.