Pizza stone is simply a cooking surface for baking purposes. It can be made of stone, clay, ceramic, cast iron, cordierite, or steel. It can bake food safely without burns due to its build material. These stones are built to mimic the baking quality of masonry oven. Unlike metallic bakeware, pizza stones are built to manage extreme heats and they can still cook well. These stones are used also in hotels or restaurants to make delightful pizzas for buyers. They can also be used to produce healthier and crispier crusts in home ovens and prepare healthy pizzas faster.
The structure of the stone is the main reason behind it. The stone absorbs moisture from the dough and make it really tasty, crunchy crust. You can produce evenly baked pizza without burns on these stones. In addition, these stones are very easy to maintain and use.
You can choose the right pizza stone as per your needs. First off, it is important to measure oven and choose the stone accordingly. You also need to consider the purpose. If you just want to bake pizza, you can go with round stone. If you want to bake pastries or bread, you can go with rectangular stone.
If you are looking for the best pizza stone for your kitchen, you are at the right place. We have handpicked some of the most popular and attractive options for you. We have compared and tested these pizza stones before adding to the list.
Table of Contents
- Best Pizza Stone Reviews 2018
- 1. Heritage 15” Black Ceramic Pizza Stone for Oven, BBQ and Grill
- 2. Old Stone Oven Rectangular Pizza Stone
- 3. CastElegance Pizza Stone for Crispy and Crust Pizza
- 4. Love This Kitchen 16” Round Bread and Pizza Stone for Baking and Cooking on Grill and Oven
- 5. Unicook Heavy Duty Ceramic Pizza Grilling Stone
- 6. Cuisinart CPS-445 Pizza Grilling Set
- 7. Wilton Perfect Results 15” Ceramic Pizza and Baking Stone
- 8. GOVOG BBQ, Baking and Pizza Stone for Oven with Cutter Handle Set
- 9. ROCKSHEAT 14.2″x 0.6″ Round Cordierite Pizza Stone
- 10. Culinary Expertise Cordierite Pizza Stone Set
Best Pizza Stone Reviews 2018
1. Heritage 15” Black Ceramic Pizza Stone for Oven, BBQ and Grill
This ceramic pizza stone from Heritage is definitely your best alley in the kitchen. Surprise your children and family in the next event or dinner by baking restaurant-worthy pizza at your home. The best part is that this pizza stone comes with free pizza cutter so you won’t have to buy one. This non-stain baking stone is perfect for your oven, BBQ and grill. In addition, this pizza stone is completely food safe. There is no cadmium or lead used on the surface.
- Preheats around 2 times faster than other stones
- Will not burn crust or stain from grease
- Doesn’t smoke and keeps pizza tasting fresh and smelling nice
- #1 Reviewed and most loved baking stone on Amazon
- It won’t crack in the oven and will last lifetime
2. Old Stone Oven Rectangular Pizza Stone
Make your movie night, game night or just any night useful with your favorite pizza and red wine that can fit any occasion. Whether you are rolling in your own pizza dough or throwing frozen pizza in the oven or grill, you will definitely love this rectangular pizza stone from Old Stone for the crust you love. It heats evenly and quickly with its cordierite clay so you can get the golden brown crust on every bite. Warm of bake bread, pastries or even cook vegetables on this stone.
- Easier to pick up pizza due to raised edges on the bottom
- Also used for baking pastries, bread and vegetables
- Made of cordierite material for even and rapid heating and longer lifespan
- Well designed Heat Core to avoid soggy centers
3. CastElegance Pizza Stone for Crispy and Crust Pizza
CastElegance Pizza Stone is engineered to last and produce the best crust and crispy pizza at home. It is made of Thermarite, a well-formulated and high density cordierite stone which is heated well to around 2000F for superior durability, strength and thermal shock resistance. The pizza stone is highly absorbent and unique which absorbs and extracts moisture off the moist dough to form the best crispy crusts. It has superior heat transfer and retention to provide even heat transmitted into the food for good crusts.
- Made of Thermarite to vaporize all organic waste and resist smell
- Shields pizza from intense heat on grills and ovens
- Packaged to come in one piece without micro fractures
- US FDA approved
4. Love This Kitchen 16” Round Bread and Pizza Stone for Baking and Cooking on Grill and Oven
The Ultimate 16” Round Pizza and Bread stone from Love this Kitchen is just what you want. It is the best choice to make pizza both on the grill and in the oven. It has been tested on various professional and commercial BBQ grills, gas or charcoal at high heat. It is made of porous ceramic designed to absorb moisture from the dough to make crispier crust. It is made of US FDA approved Therma Shock Cordierite to withstand around 1500 degrees for easy cooking and stone won’t break because of thermal shock.
- Perfect for BBQ, oven, and grill
- Durable and safe, thermal shock resistant
- Made of FDA approved Cordierite stone
5. Unicook Heavy Duty Ceramic Pizza Grilling Stone
Gather your family and friends and treat them with delicious crust and crispy pizza made on Unicook Heavy Duty Ceramic Pizza Grilling stone, Pizza Pan, and Baking stone. It is ideal for BBQ, Oven and Grill. Cook healthy and delicious pizzas like a chef and surprise your friends and family. Use Unicook Pizza stone in home oven and outdoor grill. This stone is easy and convenient to cook frozen and homemade pizza. It can be used to make cookies, breads, and biscuits along with pizza.
- Made of LFGB and FDA approve Cordierite stone which is heat safe around 1450F and smell proof
- Excellent thermal shock resistance
- Good for frozen or fresh pizza in the oven or grill. Also ideal for baking bread, pizza and cookies.
6. Cuisinart CPS-445 Pizza Grilling Set
This ceramic pizza stone from Cuisinart bakes tastier, delicious and crisper crust. It is heat resistant around 800 degrees and it provides even heat distribution without hot spots and it mimics the traditional brick pizza oven. Along with pizza, you can also bake toasts, warm bagels, waffles, and tortillas.
It comes with a long pizza peel made of aluminum with smooth finish to resist sticking. Slide the peel under the pizza assembled, place it over the hot stone in the oven, and remove peel when the pizza bakes. Slide and peel under the crust and move pizza from oven to the cutting area.
- Comes with pizza cutter and folding pizza peel
- Cut and serve your delicacies quickly
- Make perfect cuts with cutting peel
7. Wilton Perfect Results 15” Ceramic Pizza and Baking Stone
If most of your day involves cooking and baking, you should have a bakeware that can hold up with you. The Perfect Results ceramic baking and pizza stone from Wilton is best for daily use. It is made of cold-rolled, heavy duty steel. This oversized pan is made of strong non-stick coating so it can easily get in and out of the oven. You can choose from loaf, muffin, cake or pizza pans, mega-sized pans or cookie sheets for baking more items. The pan is dishwasher safe as well.
- Oversized handles to provide better grip
- Non-stick surface
- Dishwasher safe
8. GOVOG BBQ, Baking and Pizza Stone for Oven with Cutter Handle Set
Surprise your kids, family, colleague and friends by making pizza at home with GOVOC BBQ, Pizza and Baking stone for oven. It is made of cordierite material for delightful and crispy crust pizza. It comes with cutter handle set for fine and perfect cuts.
- Round pizza stone with rack and cutter
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor BBQ and most types of grills
- Cordierite baking stone for even heat distribution
9. ROCKSHEAT 14.2″x 0.6″ Round Cordierite Pizza Stone
Bake Pizzeria-style pizzas anytime at home with ROCKSHEAT Round Cordierite Pizza stone which simulates cooking standard of professional brick ovens. It provides even heat distribution for best cooking results. It delivers crispy and browned crust you love and get the best commercial brick oven results.
Make fresh pizza, for birthday, kids or other events at home and upgrade your kitchen and turn it into a typical pizzeria with ROCKSHEAT Pizza stone. It can resist extremely high heat up to 1400F with strong thermal stability.
- Extremely high temperature resistant up to 1400F
- Made of food grade cordierite burned in a kiln in around 2200F temperature
- Durable and long lasting
- Can be used in oven or most types of grills
10. Culinary Expertise Cordierite Pizza Stone Set
Many pizza stones shatter in extreme temperatures. But this cordierite pizza stone from Culinary Expertise has innovative thermal design which is best suited on your grill and other cooking options with open flame to deliver flame-cooked and authentic flavor in your pizza.
- Thermal shock resistant
- Withstands up to 1500F
- All materials are approved by FDA, LFGB, RoHS, and EC
Pizza stones mostly are either circular or rectangular. It is up to your needs as circular stones are easy to rotate in oven. On the flip side, rectangular stones are used in most ovens and grills. Consider your convenience, needs and oven design before picking the pizza stone.
We hope you have enjoyed our pizza stone reviews and you can make your own choice by checking out the above pizza stones and make your delicious restaurant-worthy pizza at home.