Are you baking treats with your kiddos or just whipping out some chocolate chip cookies for Sunday treat, you will always need the best stainless steel mixing bowls to keep your ingredients ready. From simple plastic bowls with lids to beautiful retro-themed ceramic sets, mixing bowls come in different types.
Mixing bowls are one of the must-have accessories for your kitchen. They can be used to mix batter, toss salad, sift through ingredients, and various baking needs. You can find some good mixing bowls of different sizes or even individual bowls.
Along with price, also consider how it is made of and what material is best for your baking needs. Most of the mixing bowls are made of plastic because they are known to be affordable. Make sure they are scratch resistant and don’t absorb odors as well.
Some mixing bowls are made of glass which are usually durable and can withstand freezer and microwave. But they may shatter when dropped. Stainless steel is one of the best materials for mixing bowls. These bowls are both affordable and durable and they look very beautiful on countertop. They are also not reactive like metal and won’t leave metallic taste on your food.
Listed here are some of the best kitchen mixing bowls for your needs and budgets. You can choose from widest range of mixing bowls.
Best Mixing Bowls for Kitchen Reviews 2020
Table of Contents
- Best Mixing Bowls for Kitchen Reviews 2020
- 1. FINEDINE Stainless Steel Polished Nesting Bowls with Mirror Finish
- 2. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- 3. Pyrex Glass 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- 4. Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Clear Mixing Bowls Set with Locking Lids
- 5. FineDine Premium 5-Pc Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set with Airtight Lids
- 6. KitchenAid Mixing Bowls
- 7. Gourmet Home Products 6-Pc Nested Polypropylene Mixing Bowl Set
- 8. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles
- 9. Cuisinart CTG-00-SMB 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set
- 10. Simply Gourmet 5-Piece Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set with Lids
- Mixing Bowls Buying Guide – What To look for it?
- Mixing Bowls Cleaning and Caring Instructions
- Is Glass Mixing Bowls Better Than Stainless Steel?
1. FINEDINE Stainless Steel Polished Nesting Bowls with Mirror Finish
FINEDINE stainless steel bowls are timeless and classic to serve different purposes of food preparation. This set contains 6 bowls to perform different kitchen tasks like tossing, mixing, whisking, serving and prepping. These bowls are definitely a kitchen staple as they are made of scratch-resistant stainless steel that also resist bumps for shiny finish that lasts longer.
Unlike plastic or wood, there is no risk of cross-contamination by absorbing bacteria and foul odor with stainless steel and your food will taste crisp and fresh every time. The bowls are freezer and refrigerator safe for preparing salads or prepping meats. These are also dishwasher safe or you can wash by hand.
- Comes in different sizes
- Made of commercial grade stainless steel
- Refrigerator and freezer safe
- Attractive polished mirror finish
2. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
These colorful mixing bowls from OXO Good Grips are best for mixing batter, whisking eggs and making marinades. The set includes one 1.5” bowl, one 3” bowl and one 5-quart bowl, which features comfy, soft, non-slip, and easy to grip handles. The bowls are stabilized with non-slip bottoms when mixing and wipe spouts and lips are easier to pour liquids. These bowls come in beautiful green, blue and yellow colors and they nest well for easy storage.
- Non-slip mixing bowls come in three colors
- Non-skid bottoms to stabilize bowls
- BPA free and dishwasher safe
3. Pyrex Glass 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
With Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set, mixing and stirring jobs have become a breeze. The 3-piece bowl set includes one 1-quart, 1-1/2-quart, and 2-1/2-quart glass mixing bowls made of Pyrex glass. All of these bowls are safe to be used on freezer, dishwasher, microwave and preheated oven.
These bowls are made of non-porous glass which won’t stain, warp, or absorb flavors and food odors. These bowls are best suited for your cooking needs and their round shapes are meant to maximize space for mixing and stirring. These glass bowls are made in USA and come with limited 2-year warranty on manufacturing defect.
- Oven and microwave safe
- Top rack dishwasher safe for easy cleanup
- Freezer safe
- Best for all cooking needs
4. Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Clear Mixing Bowls Set with Locking Lids
Pyrex Smart Essentials Clear Mixing bowls are transparent for easy monitoring of baking. These durable bowls have good heat conduction for consistent, even baking. These are the original glass bakeware for your kitchen. This 8-pc bowl set includes 1-qt, 1.5-qt, 2.5 qt, and 4 qt mixing bowls with blue, orange, green and red plastic lids. It comes with 1 year limited warranty on covers and 2 year on Pyrex glassware.
- Transparent bowls allows you to monitor foods as it bakes
- Safe in microwave, oven, freezer, refrigerator, and dishwasher
- Made of non-porous glass to avoid absorbing food odors, flavors or stains
5. FineDine Premium 5-Pc Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set with Airtight Lids
FineDine Premium Stainless Steel mixing bowls are long-lasting and serve different purposes. These bowls are very versatile to serve different purposes, such as mixing, beating, storing and marinating. The build quality of each bowl is what sets FineDine apart from the rest. These bowls are made of heavy gauge stainless steel which offer superior resilience and durability and they are dent and rust resistant and shatterproof. These bowls come in different sizes and they are wide with deep interior.
- Made of commercial grade stainless steel
- Rust and dent resistant, shatterproof
- Satin metal finish to resist fingerprints
- Dishwasher safe
6. KitchenAid Mixing Bowls
These classic mixing bowls from KitchenAid are best tools for a modern kitchen. The set includes 1.5 qt, 2.5 qt, 3.5 qt, 4.5 qt, and 5.5 qt bowls. With non-slip bases, these bowls provided added stability when mixing. Each bowl has pour spout to reduce spills when pouring mixes. They also nest well for easy storage. They are also easy to clean up in dishwasher. In addition, these bowls also come with hassle-free 1-year replacement warranty and lifetime limited warranty.
- Non-slip base so you don’t have to worry when mixing
- Each bowl contains pour spout to avoid spills
- Bowls nest together very well for easy storage
- Dishwasher safe
7. Gourmet Home Products 6-Pc Nested Polypropylene Mixing Bowl Set
This mixing bowl set from Gourmet Home Products covers everything you need, whether you need a small bowl just for dip or a large one for mixing ingredients well. Made of polypropylene, this mixing bowl set is the best choice for all your kitchen needs.
These bowls are made of heavy-duty and durable polypropylene plastic so they are microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe. The bowl set includes bowls in different sizes from 0.32 qt. to 5.8 qt. They come handy for any kitchen task or camping. Each set contains dazzling and bold colored bowls. They are also very easy to store as they nest together.
- Made of heavy duty polypropylene plastic
- Microwave, dishwasher, freezer safe
- Six beautiful colors
- Made of non-toxic BPA-free plastic
8. OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles
With OXO Good Grips 3-Piece mixing bowl set, you no longer need to waste your time juggling mismatched bowls. The set includes everything you need. The set includes 1.5-qt, 3-qt, and 5-qt mixing bowls which are good for whisking dressings or eggs, serving popcorn and tossing salads. You can even pair it with electric mixer. Each bowl has soft, comfortable grip and non-skid bottom.
- Nest together for easy storage
- BPA-free and dishwasher safe
- Ideal for whisking salad dressings and eggs
- Non-skid bottoms
9. Cuisinart CTG-00-SMB 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set
This set of 3 stainless steel mixing bowls are designed well to nest together for easy storage and they also have air-tight lids to store your leftovers in freezer or refrigerator without any hassle. It features three sizes of bowls to do any task which needs a bowl. These bowls are made of sturdy material which is food-grade and keeps your contents safe for longer.
- Freezer and refrigerator safe
- Dishwasher safe for easy cleaning
- Made of heavy gauge stainless steel
- Comes in three different sizes with tight-fitting lids
10. Simply Gourmet 5-Piece Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set with Lids
If you need the best set of mixing bowls for your kitchen, this 5-piece mixing bowl set from Simply Gourmet is your best bet. You will definitely love the tight fitting lids and quality of stainless steel.
Glass bowls can shatter and plastic bowls can warp, bend and even melt. But these stainless steel bowls are built to last. This set can serve different purposes, whether storing leftovers or preparing salad. Along with being functional and stylish, they are also dishwasher-safe.
- Made of heavy-duty stainless steel to prevent warp and shatter
- Non-slip base for added stability while mixing
- Larger bowls for much more flexibility
- Air-tight lids to store your leftovers
- Dishwasher, refrigerator and freezer safe
Mixing Bowls Buying Guide – What To look for it?
Whether you want to mix a batter, toss salads with dressings, use it for mixing together different types of ingredients, mixing bowls are the most important part of your kitchen. But you have to be careful and should buy something that best suits your requirements. The following is a buying guide:
Mixing Bowl Buying Guide:
The Material Which Goes into the Making: It is of utmost importance that you be careful about the material that is used for the making of the mixing bowls. If you go for something that will save a lot of money for you, you will probably go for something that is made of plastic. But the same shall not be useful. You also have to see the side effects of using a mixing bowl that is made of this material. Instead of plastic, the bowls made of glass is a better option. There are many uses of the mixing bowls made of glass. Mixing bowls made of stainless steel can also go a long way in helping you get the best of experiences in your kitchen environment.
Durability: Another important factor that you will have to consider at the time when you are going for the purchase of the mixing bowl is the fact that whether or not the mixing bowl will go on for a long time. If you invest in something, you definitely will want it to run for a long period of time so that you can extract the maximum value out of it. It is for this reason too that many people are looking for mixing bowls that are made of stainless steel. This material is much more durable than plastic or even glass.
Size of the Mixing Bowls: Another important factor while you go for the purchase of the mixing bowl in the market that should be considered by you is the size of the bowl itself. Depending on your needs and the number of members in your family, you should decide upon the size. Too large it will unnecessary occupy a lot of space and too small it will not really serve the purpose for which it has been bought. Also keep in mind that you will need mixing bowls of different sizes for performing different functions in the kitchen.
Ease of Handling: One of the most important considerations is whether or not your mixing bowl is easy to handle. For this purpose, you also need to check the size of the handle. The base and width of the bowl should also be proper.
Price: If you are going for the purchase of a mixing bowl, bear in mind the price of the same and the corresponding budget that you must have allocated for the mixing bowl. There are many varieties available in the market that comes in different shapes and sizes. Each will have different price. But you shall have to be smart and choose something that will not only best suit your needs but will also refrain you from making a hole in your pocket.
Mixing Bowls Cleaning and Caring Instructions
Clean it Gently with Hands: Most of the mixing bowls that we see in the market today are such that they are safe enough to be washed in a dishwasher. However, in order to retain the long life of the mixing bowls, it is highly recommended that you use your hands to wash and clean the mixing bowls. In order to remove the extra oil or dirt that might have been accumulated on the bottom of the mixing bowl, it is first recommended that you keep it in warm water for some time. Now the dirt can be removed easily. Use a mild soap and brusher to wash the mixing bowls.
Use Stainless Steel Cleaners: As pointed above, one of the best materials of choice to go into the making of the mixing bowls is the stainless steel. Hence, while cleaning the same, it is highly recommended that you use the stainless- steel cleaner which will keep the material safe and will also ensure greater durability.
Store in a Dry Place: After you have washed your bowls, ensure to keep them in a dry place.
Thus, the above article is an attempt to help you with the buying, caring, and cleaning guide for the mixing bowl!
Is Glass Mixing Bowls Better Than Stainless Steel?
A kitchen is incomplete without a good-quality mixing bowl. It is therefore a very important tool in the hands of common man.
- To be very specific both the glass mixing bowls and the stainless steel have some specific use and advantages. A glass bowl is preferred to be much better because any types of mixing and serving are quite easier on such bowls. But the stainless steel bowls may not be suitable for that. If carefully handled the glass mixing bowls can run for a long time without any issues.
- It is sometimes felt that it is very tough to handle and use the glass bowl. Rather the whole work of moving it from one place to the other place is a tough one. But the glass mixing bowls are durable in nature if made with good-quality glasses. Sometimes if the steel is not of good-quality it may come in contact with rust. That may affect the food to a good extent. The durability of the product matters a lot. If you are buying a product you should be much bothered about its use and longevity.
- It may be seen that there are some glass bowls that have measuring units within the body of the glass. They can give you the exact measurement of the ingredients that are used while cooking an item.
- Again from the scientific angle it is also felt that it is always safe to use glass bowls. They will never have any types of physical hazards on the body of the human being. You can be least assured about the use of glass bowls just at the time of using it.
- Thus if both are compared it will be seen that glass mixing bowls are always better and nice than the stainless steel ones.
There are different brands and models of mixing bowls available to choose from. These mixing bowls listed above come from the top brands that you can buy for sure and benefit from the quality and stability they provide.
Each product has its own special feature that will meet your baking needs.
You might also like to check out the Best Bakeware Set reviews.
Editor's Note: Article Was Last Updated on
Last update on 2020-07-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API