Mixing bowls are an essential need in every kitchen. These bowls are useful in so many ways. Whether it is stirring ingredients, storing leftovers, measuring ingredients before using them, serving salad or another dish, or marinating food items for the grill, these bowls are multipurpose and versatile. Mixing bowls comes in a broad range of materials, sizes, designs, and prices.
Material is one of the most important things when it comes to buying a mixing bowl. Generally, these bowls come in three different materials, i.e., Stainless Steel, Glass, and Plastic. Each of these materials has its own pros and cons. To make the right selection of the mixing bowl, it requires a good understanding of each of them.
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Durable Metal Bowl Set That Nests: When it comes to a metal mixing bowl set, you want it in any size for any task - big bowls and very small, as well as being space saving, right? If so, you’ll probably love these six nesting mixing bowls. They neatly nest and up to every food prep task! Cook for Joy, JoyFul by JoyJolt.
- 6pc Kitchen Mixing Bowls Set: The big bowl is 11in wide and 3.8in tall (5qt), while the next large bowl (4qt) is 10x3.7in. The 3qt metal mixing bowl is 9.4x3.25in, The next size - (1.5qt) is 8x2.9in, and finally the 0.75qt baking bowl is 6.25x2.25in and the small stainless steel bowl is 0.5qt, 5.75x1.25in.
- Dishwasher Safe Kitchen Bowls: Each stainless bow is robust and ready for a long life making treats in your kitchen. They’re Dishwasher Safe, Fridge Safe and Freezer Safe for versatile prep and easy clean up.
- Why Do Chefs Use A Stainless Bowl Set Like This: Light, right down to the large metal bowl, this stainless mixing bowl set is easy to move around, durable against chipping, produces dreamy voluminous peaks when making meringues or mousse, and with a flat base that’s stable and well-balanced.
- The Color Of The Year! This steel bowl set comes in a range of colors, including the on-trend Veri Peri - The Pantone Color of The Year! This stainless steel bowl set also comes securely nestled in a gift box with a 12 Month Guarantee for a satisfying unboxing experience. Order now from JoyJolt.
- SIZED FOR EVERY TASK - With A range of 6 Sizes—¾, 1.5, 3, 4, 5, and 8 quart—metal mixing bowls add versatility and functionality to your kitchen. For all-purpose kitchen workhorses from prepping, mixing, stirring, to kneading dough like a pro
- STAINLESS STEEL - Features an attractive mirror finish for an elegant look enhancing your kitchen. These metal bowls are easy to clean as well as odor, stain and taste resistant
- DURABLE YET LIGHTWEIGHT - Our lightweight stainless-steel bowls—ideal for everyday tasks—are made from freezer- and dishwasher-safe, durable, shatterproof materials to last a lifetime
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED - The wide rolled rims allow for drip-free pouring and a solid grip. Flat bases provide balance and stability for tossing salads, whipping creams etc. Capacity marked outside bowls for easy identification
- NEST FOR SPACE SAVING - These salad bowls—or serving bowls—seamlessly nest together and offer space-efficient storage that helps declutter kitchen cupboards. Mixing bowls for kitchen mixing bowl sets for kitchen
- AIRTIGHT LIDS - This stainless steel bowl set comes with airtight, BPA-free lids that provide an easy, non-slip grip on each container. Perfect for pouring batter, kneading dough, tossing salads, whisking eggs and more.
- DEEP SIZE - Whether you need a large batter bowl or small prep bowls, its here. These metal mixing bowl sizes (.75, 1, 1.5, 3, 5 quart) are designed to be deep enough to control overflow and splashing.
- MULTIPURPOSE - We made each piece of the stainless steel bowls set dent, rust, and odor-resistant. Perfect for making buttercream, pancakes, cookies, cake, whipped cream, marinating meat.
- STACKABLE - These serving bowls with lids nest in a compact stack in order to save cabinet space. The flat bottom of the stacking bowls provides maximum stability to avoid spills. The wide flat rim helps pour contents smoothly.
- FRIDGE AND FREEZER-SAFE - Easy to use, easy to clean! Use the tall bowls set for storing leftovers in the fridge and freezer. Hand-washable and dishwasher safe.
Pros of Stainless-Steel based mixing bowls
- Stainless steel bowls are versatile, light in weight, and incredibly durable
- They are made to be very strong to store heavy items easily into them. This also makes it quite simple and safe to pour things from them and move around with it.
- Stainless-steel bowls add a classy and elegant look to your kitchen
- Their less weight is very advantageous for the user. An absolutely large sized stainless-steel mixing bowl would not feel heavy to you like a glass bowl. This makes it easier to clean too.
- These bowls are better for whisking milk cream or egg whites than plastic or glass bowls.
- These bowls generally come in sets. This makes it easy to nest them for a perfect perfectly.
- Their unbreakable property makes them the best for the use of children.
- These multipurpose bowls also serve as cooking vessels to be kept on a double boiler (for melting chocolates etc.)
Stainless steel bowls do not have a lot of disadvantages. Some of them being:
- Stainless steel is not considered as the best conductor of heat among the other type of metals. This makes this bowl to get heated up faster than glass. The reverse is also true. On keeping this bowl on ice water, it gets cooled very quickly.
- A stainless-steel mixing bowl is not appropriate for microwave use. As microwave is commonly used for preparing a wide range of dishes, this feature can be a big turn-off for stainless-steel fans.
- These bowls can even end up with dings and dents after prolonged use. This will only happen when you are using them roughly, else they will state in the best condition forever.
- You will find stainless steel bowls to be much lighter as compared to glass bowls. This makes them less stable especially when you are mixing something vigorously. This can make them displace from their position on the counter so you need to hold onto them while performing such operations.
Glass Mixing Bowl
- 3-PIECE: Set includes 1-qt, 1.5-qt, and 2.5-qt round glass bowls. This is the perfect set for all manners of prepping, baking and home entertainment.
- EVERYDAY USE: High-quality tempered glass gives you a peace of mind when managing your food, resists stains and odors. Worry less about scrubbing hard to get rid of stains or any funny smells.
- LOW MAINTENANCE: These glass bowls are freezer, microwave, and dishwasher safe. No need to hold back when warming your food or storing your leftovers for tomorrow.
- LIMITED WARRANTY: This item has a limited warranty.
- A TRUSTED BRAND: Loved for generations, experienced cooks and beginners alike have reached for Pyrex brand glassware products, because they’re affordable, durable, and great for all their cooking, serving and storing needs.
- This set includes 1 of each of the following: 10.25" / 4.5 qt. Stackable Bowl, 9" / 3 qt. Stackable Bowl, 7.75" / 2 qt. Stackable Bowl, 6.5" / 1.2 qt. Stackable Bowl, 5.5" / 2.6 cup Stackable Bowl, 4.75" / 1.5 cup Stackable Bowl, 4" / 1 cup Stackable Bowl, 3.5" / 5 oz. Stackable Bowl, 3" / 2.5 oz. Stackable Bowl, and 2.25" / 1 oz. Stackable Bowl.
- Country of Origin: USA
- Material: Tempered Glass
- Dishwasher Safe
- Microwave Safe
- Durable Bowls That Nest With Ease: When it comes to glass mixing bowls you want them sturdy thick clear and space saving right? If so you’ll probably love these four thick strong mixing bowls with lids They neatly nest for easy compact storage and tough enough for life! Cook for Joy by JoyJolt.
- 8pc Glass Mixing Bowls With Lids Set: The 2qt bowl is 8in wide and 4.25in tall while the next big bowl is 7.5x4in. Two med / small glass bowls include 6.25x3in and 5.5x2.5in. From large bowl to small glass bowl each one nests into the other with the lids on, so nothing gets lost in your cupboard.
- Thick Strong Glass Mixing Bowl Set: Made from thicker and more durable glass - your clear bowls are robust They’re Dishwasher Safe Freezer Safe and and Microwave Safe containers (*NOT THE LIDS). Both lids and bowls are fridge safe. Made for mixing chilling and heating – not oven safe.
- Air Tight Lids For Fresher Food: The airtight lids means you can use them for a food prep bowl or leftovers without odors and air getting in or out! And while they’re incredibly firm fitting to prevent air or moisture creeping in the easy thumb tabs make them simple to remove when needed.
- JoyJolt Nesting Mixing Bowls will arrive securely gift boxed like all JoyJolt Glassware and come with our robust 12-Month Warranty. So contact us if anything goes wrong And whether you’re using them for baking bowls or serving bowls we only have one rule - Live JoyFul and Cook for Joy!
Advantages of a Glass mixing bowl
- Glass is nonreactive in nature that implies that it won’t react with chemicals that can change the texture,taste, and color of the food.
- Glass is also microwaveable in nature. A few tempered glass mixing bowls are highly durable and are suited for the use in freezer and oven as well.
- Tempered glass mixing bowls are engineered with specific types of materials, so cooling or heating them makes them more temperature-resistant and durable
- You can get transparent glass mixing bowls in vibrant colors that accentuates the look of your kitchen
- As glass bowls are transparent in nature, you can clearly see the amount of the ingredient and whether the ingredients have properly mixed or not.
- Glass mixing bowls give an attractive and decorative touch to a place. You can keep them on your dining table to display fruits, or in the form of a serving vessel
- As glass bowls have got slicker sides, the ingredients do not stick to its sides at the time of whisking.
- On dropping a glass bowl, it will break
- Glass is sensitive to temperature changes, so if it is kept on higher temperature there are chances of breaking
- Glass bowls are heavy! So, it can be difficult to hold on to it or transfer batter to any baking container.
- Also, they are a big no for kids
- Its slippery surface and their weight, can both make it a little tough to wash by hand.
- They are comparatively pricier than other materials
Plastic Mixing Bowl
- 3 PIECE MIXING BOWL SET – These nesting mixing bowls include three different sizes for a variety of cooking and baking needs. Small bowl holds 1.2 quarts, medium bowl holds 1.9 quarts, and large bowl holds 3.6 quarts.
- FOOD SAFE & NON-TOXIC – These 3 white plastic bowls are made of BPA-free, food-safe material. Mixing bowls are dishwasher safe for easy cleanup and safe for use in the freezer.
- EMBEDDED POUR SPOUTS – Each bowl is designed with a pour spout on one end and a lip on the other end for easy handling. Perfect for trained chefs, bakers and beginners alike, these bowls make it easy to mix, stir and pour batters or sauces.
- NESTED MIXING BOWLS – When not in use, just nest the 3 bowls together for easy storage and organization. The nesting design provides a space-saving convenience to free up extra room in the cupboard for other kitchen tools.
- NON-SLIP & NON-STICKY – Base is designed with a silicone bottom to keep each bowl from skidding or slipping during mixing. Ingredients won’t stick to the non-stick surface, making lengthy mixing less tiring.
- Make Your Cooking Much Easier — A colorful plastic mixing bowls set that are a basic necessity in every kitchen,6 different sizes of 5.28, 3.59,2.22,1.27,0.69, 0.29Qt will complement your cooking and make cooking much easier. Ideal for making a quick salad, preparing food, mixing batters, or storing and serving food.
- Multi-use to Meet You Needs — These mixing bowls are perfect for everyday use on your home table, our bowls make great to-go containers for sides dishes, dressings and sauces.
- Nesting for Saving Space — Easily nest in each other, so you can save space on the countertop, keep them in a spot in the corner of your kitchen, and easily access your food items.
- Premium Material — Made of high-quality plastic, which is BPA free,you and your family can use it with peace of mind.
- Dishwasher Safe — These mixing bowls are dishwasher safe for fast and easy clean up,it is more convenient for you and your family.
- These Farberware Mixing Bowls will add color to your kitchen and are essential tools for any modern kitchen
- This set of 3 mixing bowls includes one 2-1/2 quart bowl, one 3-1/2 quart bowl and one 4-1/2 quart bowl
- These bowls feature non-slip bases that increase stability while mixing and a spout for easy pouring
- Top rack dishwasher safe
- Lifetime limited warranty
Advantages of a Plastic mixing bowl
A vast majority of households use plastic mixing bowls due to a variety of reasons. Let us see what are they:
- A plastic bowl is light in weight that makes it easy to manage
- It comes with easy-grip handles and non-slip bottoms prevent accidental slipping
- These mixing bowls are dishwasher safe
- You can get them with a lifetime warranty too
- Superior quality plastics like Tupperware are made from food-grade color that makes them safe and hygienic to use.
- Plastic bowls are the most inexpensive bowls among all the other materials used in manufacturing mixing bowls.
- You can get them in various colors that not just add a decorative touch to your kitchen but also attracts kids
- Plastic bowls come in versatile designs. You can get them in any shape as per your need.
- As plastic bowls are unbreakable, it is best for kids to use or any kind of rough use. You can drop them several times, but they won’t break. The same thing does not go for glass bowls.
- Cleaning them is easy without any dents
- Some plastic bowls come with soft, and easy-grip handles ensure that the bowl sticks to one place rather than moving away at the time of whisking, tossing or stirring things.
- The bowls are dishwasher safe, and stable.
- They have a versatile design that is ideal for tossing, serving, and mixing ingredients.
- Plastic bowls have the tendency of picking up oil layer from use. This makes them dirty easily.
- Not safe for the use in microwave
- They do not provide good surfaces as while whisking egg whites,it can slip down to its sides
- Plastic tends to attract grease due to its porous surface
- A plastic mixing bowl is not temperature resistant, so you need to take care that it doesn’t come near to hot surfaces as it can melt or leach chemicals.
- Plastic absorbs oils and strong odors that can give discomfort to the user
So, these are the common types of materials used in making mixing bowls, with their own share of advantages and drawbacks. In our opinion, stainless steel mixing bowls are the best choice for every household. They are sturdy, durable, hygienic, and gives a rich look to your kitchen. Though they are a little pricier than the other two, their long-lasting nature will compensate for the present expense in the future.
Last update on 2022-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API