Mixing bowls are an essential need in every kitchen. These bowls are useful in so many ways. Whether it is stirring ingredients, storing leftovers, measuring ingredients before using them, serving salad or another dish, or marinating food items for the grill, these bowls are multipurpose and versatile. Mixing bowls comes in a broad range of materials, sizes, designs, and prices.
Material is one of the most important things when it comes to buying a mixing bowl. Generally, these bowls come in three different materials, i.e., Stainless Steel, Glass, and Plastic. Each of these materials has its own pros and cons. To make the right selection of the mixing bowl, it requires a good understanding of each of them.
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- 1-1/2-Quart, 3-Quart and 5-Quart sized bowls
- High quality stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe
- Freezer safe
- Refrigerator safe
- SIZED FOR EVERY TASK - With A range of 6 Sizes—¾, 1.5, 3, 4, 5, and 8 quart—metal mixing bowls add versatility and functionality to your kitchen. For all-purpose kitchen workhorses from prepping, mixing, stirring, to kneading dough like a pro.
- STAINLESS STEEL - Features an attractive mirror finish for an elegant look enhancing your kitchen. These metal bowls are easy to clean as well as odor, stain and taste resistant.
- DURABLE YET LIGHTWEIGHT - Our lightweight stainless-steel bowls—ideal for everyday tasks—are made from freezer- and dishwasher-safe, durable, shatterproof materials to last a lifetime.
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED - The wide rolled rims allow for drip-free pouring and a solid grip. Flat bases provide balance and stability for tossing salads, whipping creams etc. Capacity marked outside bowls for easy identification.
- NEST FOR SPACE SAVING - These salad bowls—or serving bowls—seamlessly nest together and offer space-efficient storage that helps declutter kitchen cupboards. Mixing bowls for kitchen mixing bowl sets for kitchen
- 🎁[PREMIUM MATERIAL]: Each bowl is made of high-quality heavy gauge stainless steel, which is resistant and rustproof. Umite Chef mixing bowls feature a mirror finish interior and fingerprint-proofexterior. High-quality food grade stainless steel, you and your family can ues it with peace of mind
- 🎁[LARGER BOWL SIZES]: Our stainless bowls deeeper than standard bowl sets, allow for larger servings . This set contains sizes1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.5, 7 quarts, that gives you much more flexibility, and less mess, satisfy your demands for mixing large batters, tossing salads, washing vegetable, marinating and storing, etc
- 🎁[DISHWASHER SAFE ]:The silver bowls feature a shiny interior and fingerprint-proof satin exterior, Which are simple to clean by hand and are dishwasher safe
- 🎁[NON SLIP SILICONE BOTTOMS] Flat silicone bases prevent the metal bowls slippage when mixing, you need not to worry about the bowls will wobble when mixing, beating and whipping.
- 🎁[TIGHT-COLORFUL LIDS]: Flexible BPA free plastic lids closely fit the bowls, keep your food fresh, tight fitting lids are great for food storage， great choice for storing food for longer.
Pros of Stainless-Steel based mixing bowls
- Stainless steel bowls are versatile, light in weight, and incredibly durable
- They are made to be very strong to store heavy items easily into them. This also makes it quite simple and safe to pour things from them and move around with it.
- Stainless-steel bowls add a classy and elegant look to your kitchen
- Their less weight is very advantageous for the user. An absolutely large sized stainless-steel mixing bowl would not feel heavy to you like a glass bowl. This makes it easier to clean too.
- These bowls are better for whisking milk cream or egg whites than plastic or glass bowls.
- These bowls generally come in sets. This makes it easy to nest them for a perfect perfectly.
- Their unbreakable property makes them the best for the use of children.
- These multipurpose bowls also serve as cooking vessels to be kept on a double boiler (for melting chocolates etc.)
Stainless steel bowls do not have a lot of disadvantages. Some of them being:
- Stainless steel is not considered as the best conductor of heat among the other type of metals. This makes this bowl to get heated up faster than glass. The reverse is also true. On keeping this bowl on ice water, it gets cooled very quickly.
- A stainless-steel mixing bowl is not appropriate for microwave use. As microwave is commonly used for preparing a wide range of dishes, this feature can be a big turn-off for stainless-steel fans.
- These bowls can even end up with dings and dents after prolonged use. This will only happen when you are using them roughly, else they will state in the best condition forever.
- You will find stainless steel bowls to be much lighter as compared to glass bowls. This makes them less stable especially when you are mixing something vigorously. This can make them displace from their position on the counter so you need to hold onto them while performing such operations.
Glass Mixing Bowl
- Mix, microwave and serve in a single bowl. Cleanup is a snap thanks to dishwasher safe glass that also nests neatly to save cabinet space
- Includes (1) 1-Quart, (1) 1.5-Quart and (1) 2.5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowls
- Durable high-quality tempered glass is dishwasher, freezer, microwave and preheated oven safe
- Nonporous glass won’t absorb food odors, flavors, or stains
- 2-year limited warranty on glass
- Includes 10 nesting bowls: 1 ounce, 2 ounce, 4 ounce, 6 ounce, 10 ounce, 1/2 quart, 1 quart, 1- 1/2 quart, 2-1/2 quart, 3-1/2 quart
- Duralex is 2-1/2 times more resistant to breakage and chipping than normal glass
- Duralex can also withstand sudden thermal shock: from -4°F to 212°F
- Duralex glass is very hygienic: It is non-porous and does not absorb liquids, colors or flavors
- Dishwasher, fridge and microwave safe. Products maintain the original look for years
- Set includes: 1 each 3-cup (750 mL), 6-cup (1.5 L), 10-cup (2.5 L), 4.5 qt (4.5 L) with purple, green, blue & red lids, respectively
- Glass bowls with ribbed design
- Microwave, fridge, freezer & dishwasher safe
- Made in the USA
- 100 years limited edition
Advantages of a Glass mixing bowl
- Glass is nonreactive in nature that implies that it won’t react with chemicals that can change the texture,taste, and color of the food.
- Glass is also microwaveable in nature. A few tempered glass mixing bowls are highly durable and are suited for the use in freezer and oven as well.
- Tempered glass mixing bowls are engineered with specific types of materials, so cooling or heating them makes them more temperature-resistant and durable
- You can get transparent glass mixing bowls in vibrant colors that accentuates the look of your kitchen
- As glass bowls are transparent in nature, you can clearly see the amount of the ingredient and whether the ingredients have properly mixed or not.
- Glass mixing bowls give an attractive and decorative touch to a place. You can keep them on your dining table to display fruits, or in the form of a serving vessel
- As glass bowls have got slicker sides, the ingredients do not stick to its sides at the time of whisking.
- On dropping a glass bowl, it will break
- Glass is sensitive to temperature changes, so if it is kept on higher temperature there are chances of breaking
- Glass bowls are heavy! So, it can be difficult to hold on to it or transfer batter to any baking container.
- Also, they are a big no for kids
- Its slippery surface and their weight, can both make it a little tough to wash by hand.
- They are comparatively pricier than other materials
Plastic Mixing Bowl
- SET INCLUDES 3 SIZES – The largest bowl measure 8. 5 inches and holds 3. 69 quarts (2. 5L). The medium bowl measures 7. 5 inches and holds 1. 9 quarts (1. 8L). The smallest bowl measures 6. 5 inches and holds 1. 2 quarts (1. 2L).
- FOOD SAFE & NON-TOXIC – These 3 white plastic bowls are made of BPA-free, food-safe material. They’re dishwasher-safe for convenient cleanup and safe for use in the freezer.
- EMBEDDED POUR SPOUTS – Each bowl is designed with a pour spout on one end and a lip on the other end for easy handling. Perfect for trained chefs, bakers and beginners alike, these bowls make it easy to mix, stir and pour batters or sauces.
- NESTED DESIGN - When not in use, just stack the 3 bowls for easy storage and organization. The nesting design provides a space-saving convenience to free up extra space in the cupboard for other kitchen tools.
- NON-SLIP & NON-STICKY – The rubber layer at the base will keep the bowls from skidding or slipping during mixing. Ingredients won’t stick with the bowl’s non-stick surface, making lengthy mixing less tiring.
- Make Your Cooking Much Easier — A colorful plastic mixing bowls set that are a basic necessity in every kitchen,6 different sizes of 5.28, 3.59,2.22,1.27,0.69, 0.29Qt will complement your cooking and make cooking much easier. Ideal for making a quick salad, preparing food, mixing batters, or storing and serving food.
- Multi-use to Meet You Needs — These mixing bowls are perfect for everyday use on your home table, our bowls make great to-go containers for sides dishes, dressings and sauces.
- Nesting for Saving Space — Easily nest in each other, so you can save space on the countertop, keep them in a spot in the corner of your kitchen, and easily access your food items.
- Premium Material — Made of high-quality plastic, which is BPA free,you and your family can use it with peace of mind.
- Dishwasher Safe — These mixing bowls are dishwasher safe for fast and easy clean up,it is more convenient for you and your family.
- SET OF 4: This set of four prep bowls includes 1-cup (8 ounces), 2-cup (16 ounces), 3-cup (24 ounce) and 4-cup (32 ounce) sizes, perfect for storing small amounts fruits, vegetables, cheese, herbs and other ingredients before you begin cooking
- PLASTIC COVERS INCLUDED: Each of these bowls feature a clear, plastic cover that helps easily identify contents, making them great for storing small amounts of leftover ingredients or food
- DURABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT CONSTRUCTION: Made from durable, lightweight plastic, these bowls make great to-go containers for sides dishes, dressings and sauces
- EASY TO STORE: These small bowls nest together when not in use for easy, space saving, compact storage
- DISHWASHER SAFE: Prep bowls and lids are dishwasher safe (top rack recommended) for fast and easy clean up
Advantages of a Plastic mixing bowl
A vast majority of households use plastic mixing bowls due to a variety of reasons. Let us see what are they:
- A plastic bowl is light in weight that makes it easy to manage
- It comes with easy-grip handles and non-slip bottoms prevent accidental slipping
- These mixing bowls are dishwasher safe
- You can get them with a lifetime warranty too
- Superior quality plastics like Tupperware are made from food-grade color that makes them safe and hygienic to use.
- Plastic bowls are the most inexpensive bowls among all the other materials used in manufacturing mixing bowls.
- You can get them in various colors that not just add a decorative touch to your kitchen but also attracts kids
- Plastic bowls come in versatile designs. You can get them in any shape as per your need.
- As plastic bowls are unbreakable, it is best for kids to use or any kind of rough use. You can drop them several times, but they won’t break. The same thing does not go for glass bowls.
- Cleaning them is easy without any dents
- Some plastic bowls come with soft, and easy-grip handles ensure that the bowl sticks to one place rather than moving away at the time of whisking, tossing or stirring things.
- The bowls are dishwasher safe, and stable.
- They have a versatile design that is ideal for tossing, serving, and mixing ingredients.
- Plastic bowls have the tendency of picking up oil layer from use. This makes them dirty easily.
- Not safe for the use in microwave
- They do not provide good surfaces as while whisking egg whites,it can slip down to its sides
- Plastic tends to attract grease due to its porous surface
- A plastic mixing bowl is not temperature resistant, so you need to take care that it doesn’t come near to hot surfaces as it can melt or leach chemicals.
- Plastic absorbs oils and strong odors that can give discomfort to the user
So, these are the common types of materials used in making mixing bowls, with their own share of advantages and drawbacks. In our opinion, stainless steel mixing bowls are the best choice for every household. They are sturdy, durable, hygienic, and gives a rich look to your kitchen. Though they are a little pricier than the other two, their long-lasting nature will compensate for the present expense in the future.
Last update on 2021-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API