Mixing bowls are an essential need in every kitchen. These bowls are useful in so many ways. Whether it is stirring ingredients, storing leftovers, measuring ingredients before using them, serving salad or another dish, or marinating food items for the grill, these bowls are multipurpose and versatile. Mixing bowls comes in a broad range of materials, sizes, designs, and prices.
Material is one of the most important things when it comes to buying a mixing bowl. Generally, these bowls come in three different materials, i.e., Stainless Steel, Glass, and Plastic. Each of these materials has its own pros and cons. To make the right selection of the mixing bowl, it requires a good understanding of each of them.
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
- Set of 5 premium quality stainless steel bowls and plastic lids for ultimate food storage, baking, and cooking preparation. These brushed metal nesting bowls come in sizes .75, 1, 1.5, 3, and 5 quarts. Wide, flat rim ensures a sturdy grip for pouring, mixing, whisking, meal preparation, and serving.
- Deeper than standard bowl sets, our stainless bowls allow for larger servings and less mess! The small metal bowls are great for whisking and beating smaller quantities, while the large metal bowls are ideal for mixing large batters, tossing salads,marinating and storing.
- The lids are made of translucent HDPE plastic, a flexible BPA-free material that won’t leach toxins. Each lid fits flush inside its serving bowl for a snug fit and has a recessed top for mixing bowl stacking. Easily remove and replace the lids with conveniently placed handles.
- Made of heavy gauge stainless steel, these dent and rust resistant mixing bowl set are sanitary, never retaining odors, bacteria, or stains. The silver bowls feature a shiny interior and fingerprint-proof satin exterior, a wide flat rim for smooth pouring, and a flat base for stability.
- Our refrigerator and freezer safe kitchen bowls are simple to clean by hand and are dishwasher safe! The metal bowls ship in secure packaging perfect for gifting loved ones on Christmas, holidays, and other special occasions.
- SIZED for EVERY TASKS - With range of 6-Sizes ¾, 1.5, 3, 4, 5, and 8 quart, metal mixing bowls add versatility and functionality to your kitchen. For all-purpose kitchen workhorses from prepping, mixing, stirring, to kneading dough like a pro.
- STAINLESS STEEL - Features an attractive mirror finish, for an elegant look enhancing your kitchen tools. These metal bowls are easy to clean, as well as odor, stain and taste resistant.
- DURABLE yet LIGHTWEIGHT - Our lightweight stainless-steel bowls-ideal for everyday tasks-are made from freezer- and dishwasher-safe, durable shatterproof materials, to last a lifetime.
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED - The wide rolled rims allow for drip-free pouring and a solid grip. Flat bases provide balance and stability for tossing salads, whipping creams etc. Capacity marked outside bowls for easy identification.
- NEST for SPACE SAVING - These salad bowls, or serving bowls, seamlessly nests together and offers space-efficient storage helps declutter kitchen cupboards. Mixing bowls for kitchen mixing bowl sets for kitchen
- STAINLESS STEEL MIXING BOWL SET: Our high-quality mixing bowl set includes 5 stainless steel mixing bowls in a range of sizes – ¾ qt, 1.5 qt, 3 qt, 4 qt, 5 qt – to accommodate all your meal prepping, mixing, cooking and baking needs! Crafted with commercial-grade stainless steel that is durable, rustproof, odor-resistant and unbreakable; our mixing bowl set feature an elegant, brushed finish that won’t show fingerprints or stains!
- MEASURING SPOONS & CUPS: Using the right kitchen tools makes cooking, baking and meal prep a breeze! Our measuring cups and spoons set includes 4 stainless steel measuring cups in sizes: ¼ cup, 1/3 cup, ½ cup, and 1 cup. The 4 metal measuring spoons sizes are ¼ tsp, ½ tsp, 1 tsp, and 1 tbsp, and feature accurate laser-etched markings! our measuring cups and spoons set nest inside each other for compact storage, and are attached to a removable ring so you can hang them within easy reach!
- LIGHTWEIGHT KITCHEN BOWLS: Great for prepping ingredients in advance, our metal mixing bowls are refrigerator- and freezer-safe, saving you time and hassle! Chop up fruits and vegetables, prepare and mix ingredients, or chill cookie dough using these mixing bowl sets for kitchen. This useful mixing and measuring set is packaged in a beautiful gift box, making it the perfect housewarming gift, Mother’s day gift, Father’s day gift, birthday gift, anniversary gift or wedding gift!
- USEFUL FEATURES: Flat bases keep the metal bowls sturdy, and rolled rims make it easier to pour ingredients from the mixing bowl! Save valuable space with our stainless steel nesting bowls, cups and spoons, which fit seamlessly together for easy, compact storage. This mixing bowl set is dishwasher safe for your convenience, so you can enjoy fast, simple cleanup. Keep your kitchen clutter-free, efficient, professional and beautiful!
- YOUR HAPPINESS GUARANTEED: Welcome to the SleekDine family! Every purchase includes a 100% money-back satisfaction guarantee. We love our products, and we want you to love them too! Please contact us with any questions or concerns and we will be happy to resolve them together. We aim to provide you with attractive, sustainable, eco-friendly home and office decor that is better for you and for the environment. Shop SleekDine for naturally elegant décor!
Pros of Stainless-Steel based mixing bowls
- Stainless steel bowls are versatile, light in weight, and incredibly durable
- They are made to be very strong to store heavy items easily into them. This also makes it quite simple and safe to pour things from them and move around with it.
- Stainless-steel bowls add a classy and elegant look to your kitchen
- Their less weight is very advantageous for the user. An absolutely large sized stainless-steel mixing bowl would not feel heavy to you like a glass bowl. This makes it easier to clean too.
- These bowls are better for whisking milk cream or egg whites than plastic or glass bowls.
- These bowls generally come in sets. This makes it easy to nest them for a perfect perfectly.
- Their unbreakable property makes them the best for the use of children.
- These multipurpose bowls also serve as cooking vessels to be kept on a double boiler (for melting chocolates etc.)
Stainless steel bowls do not have a lot of disadvantages. Some of them being:
- Stainless steel is not considered as the best conductor of heat among the other type of metals. This makes this bowl to get heated up faster than glass. The reverse is also true. On keeping this bowl on ice water, it gets cooled very quickly.
- A stainless-steel mixing bowl is not appropriate for microwave use. As microwave is commonly used for preparing a wide range of dishes, this feature can be a big turn-off for stainless-steel fans.
- These bowls can even end up with dings and dents after prolonged use. This will only happen when you are using them roughly, else they will state in the best condition forever.
- You will find stainless steel bowls to be much lighter as compared to glass bowls. This makes them less stable especially when you are mixing something vigorously. This can make them displace from their position on the counter so you need to hold onto them while performing such operations.
Glass Mixing Bowl
- Set includes: 10 bowls
- Multi sized set
- Made in the usa
- Lead-free glass
- Dishwasher safe
- 3-piece mixing bowl set for use in restaurants, cafes, commercial kitchens, cafeterias, and more
- 3-piece set includes (1) 880ml/29.7oz/3.7cup, (1) 400ml/47.3oz/5.8cup, (1) 2400ml/81oz/10cup; Lids not included
- Can be used for mixing batter, marinades, rubs, sauces, dry ingredients, or liquids
- Durable borosilicate glass can be heated from 32°f (0 °C) to 450° F (232 °C)
- Clear construction makes it easy to see mixing progress
- Mix, microwave and serve in a single bowl. Cleanup is a snap thanks to dishwasher safe glass that also nests neatly to save cabinet space
- Includes (1) 1-Quart, (1) 1.5-Quart and (1) 2.5-Quart Glass Mixing Bowls
- Durable high-quality tempered glass is dishwasher, freezer, microwave and preheated oven safe
- Nonporous glass won’t absorb food odors, flavors, or stains
- 2-year limited warranty on glass
Advantages of a Glass mixing bowl
- Glass is nonreactive in nature that implies that it won’t react with chemicals that can change the texture,taste, and color of the food.
- Glass is also microwaveable in nature. A few tempered glass mixing bowls are highly durable and are suited for the use in freezer and oven as well.
- Tempered glass mixing bowls are engineered with specific types of materials, so cooling or heating them makes them more temperature-resistant and durable
- You can get transparent glass mixing bowls in vibrant colors that accentuates the look of your kitchen
- As glass bowls are transparent in nature, you can clearly see the amount of the ingredient and whether the ingredients have properly mixed or not.
- Glass mixing bowls give an attractive and decorative touch to a place. You can keep them on your dining table to display fruits, or in the form of a serving vessel
- As glass bowls have got slicker sides, the ingredients do not stick to its sides at the time of whisking.
- On dropping a glass bowl, it will break
- Glass is sensitive to temperature changes, so if it is kept on higher temperature there are chances of breaking
- Glass bowls are heavy! So, it can be difficult to hold on to it or transfer batter to any baking container.
- Also, they are a big no for kids
- Its slippery surface and their weight, can both make it a little tough to wash by hand.
- They are comparatively pricier than other materials
Plastic Mixing Bowl
- SET INCLUDES 3 SIZES – The largest bowl measure 8. 5 inches and holds 3. 69 quarts (2. 5L). The medium bowl measures 7. 5 inches and holds 1. 9 quarts (1. 8L). The smallest bowl measures 6. 5 inches and holds 1. 2 quarts (1. 2L).
- FOOD SAFE & NON-TOXIC – These 3 white plastic bowls are made of BPA-free, food-safe material. They’re dishwasher-safe for convenient cleanup and safe for use in the freezer.
- EMBEDDED POUR SPOUTS – Each bowl is designed with a pour spout on one end and a lip on the other end for easy handling. Perfect for trained chefs, bakers and beginners alike, these bowls make it easy to mix, stir and pour batters or sauces.
- NESTED DESIGN - When not in use, just stack the 3 bowls for easy storage and organization. The nesting design provides a space-saving convenience to free up extra space in the cupboard for other kitchen tools.
- NON-SLIP & NON-STICKY – The rubber layer at the base will keep the bowls from skidding or slipping during mixing. Ingredients won’t stick with the bowl’s non-stick surface, making lengthy mixing less tiring.
- 3-Piece Set includes 1.5-quart, 3-quart and 5-quart Mixing Bowls
- 1-1/2-quart size perfect for whisking eggs or salad dressings, 3-quart size designed for use with electric mixers, 5-quart size ideal for tossing salads or serving popcorn
- Non-skid bottoms stabilize Bowls while mixing, even on a tilt
- Bowls nest for compact storage
- Available in three color combinations
- Cook with Color 4 piece mixing bowl set - non slip bowls with pour spouts and handles; easy to clean, sturdy mixing bowls.
- Dishwasher Safe (top rack) freezer safe, food safe and BPA free mixing bowls - your go to mixing bowl for cooking and baking.
- Set includes: 1 liter bowl (white), 1.5 liter bowl (light blue), 2 liter bowl (teal) and 3 liter bowl (blue).
- Set nests for easy storage and convenience, a functional set that saves you space.
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE : At Cook with Color our number one goal is customer satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any issues, questions or comments so we can ensure that your Cook with Color order experience adds just the right color and taste!
Advantages of a Plastic mixing bowl
A vast majority of households use plastic mixing bowls due to a variety of reasons. Let us see what are they:
- A plastic bowl is light in weight that makes it easy to manage
- It comes with easy-grip handles and non-slip bottoms prevent accidental slipping
- These mixing bowls are dishwasher safe
- You can get them with a lifetime warranty too
- Superior quality plastics like Tupperware are made from food-grade color that makes them safe and hygienic to use.
- Plastic bowls are the most inexpensive bowls among all the other materials used in manufacturing mixing bowls.
- You can get them in various colors that not just add a decorative touch to your kitchen but also attracts kids
- Plastic bowls come in versatile designs. You can get them in any shape as per your need.
- As plastic bowls are unbreakable, it is best for kids to use or any kind of rough use. You can drop them several times, but they won’t break. The same thing does not go for glass bowls.
- Cleaning them is easy without any dents
- Some plastic bowls come with soft, and easy-grip handles ensure that the bowl sticks to one place rather than moving away at the time of whisking, tossing or stirring things.
- The bowls are dishwasher safe, and stable.
- They have a versatile design that is ideal for tossing, serving, and mixing ingredients.
- Plastic bowls have the tendency of picking up oil layer from use. This makes them dirty easily.
- Not safe for the use in microwave
- They do not provide good surfaces as while whisking egg whites,it can slip down to its sides
- Plastic tends to attract grease due to its porous surface
- A plastic mixing bowl is not temperature resistant, so you need to take care that it doesn’t come near to hot surfaces as it can melt or leach chemicals.
- Plastic absorbs oils and strong odors that can give discomfort to the user
So, these are the common types of materials used in making mixing bowls, with their own share of advantages and drawbacks. In our opinion, stainless steel mixing bowls are the best choice for every household. They are sturdy, durable, hygienic, and gives a rich look to your kitchen. Though they are a little pricier than the other two, their long-lasting nature will compensate for the present expense in the future.
Last update on 2021-02-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API