When pizza delivery is always there for homeowners, you may often want to make hot and crisp pie at the comfort of your home. You can cook your homemade or frozen pizza by just firing up an oven but it takes a lot of time to get a frozen pie cooked and they also never taste that good as fresh one.
If you and your family love pizza, you may definitely need a pizza oven for your kitchen to get the best tasting pie without ordering. When having an appliance simply to warm a pizza feels like a luxury, pizza ovens are your best bets to heat up frozen foods and cook bread faster than a regular oven. You can choose from large outdoor oven to a compact appliance. There are different options to choose from and there is something good for everyone.
If pizza could be cooked in minutes, just imagine how simple it is to prepare weeknight meals. Along with saving time, you can also save money to avoid the need of delivery. If you want to wear your chef’s costume, why not you call your friends over for a pizza night? You can make pizza dough yourself and add your own toppings for pie. Don’t forget to buy a pizza peel you might need it.
Best Buy Pizza Oven Reviews 2020
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Pizza Oven Reviews 2020
- 1. Presto 03430 Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven
- 2. Pizzacraft PizzaQue PC6500 Outdoor Pizza Oven
- 3. Ooni 3 Portable Wood Pallet Pizza Oven with Peel and Stone
- 4. Wisco 421 Pizza Oven with LED Display
- 5. Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
- 6. Betty Crocker BC-2958CR Pizza Maker
- 7. Ronco Pizza & More
- 8. Pizzacraft Pizzeria Pronto Outdoor Pizza Oven – PC6000
- 9. BakerStone O-AHXXX-O-000 Pizza Oven Box
- 10. CuiZen PIZ-4012 Pizza Box Oven
- How To Choose The Best Pizza Stone
- Pizza Oven Cleaning & Caring Instructions
- How To Use A Pizza Oven at Home?
If you are searching for the best rated pizza oven, here are our top picks –
1. Presto 03430 Pizzazz Plus Rotating Oven
Presto 03430 Pizzazz Plus is a 1235W countertop rotating oven which cooks pizza in around half the time needed by traditional oven. There is no need to preheat this pizza oven. The moment you turn it on, it starts baking and rotating the pizza. There are top and bottom heating elements that are controlled independently. You can easily custom bake all the fresh or frozen and 7 to 12 inches of pizza.
You can set your cooking time with auto shutoff timer. It also comes with cooking-time guide for different types of pizza on the pizza maker. The appliance turns off automatically in case of overheating.
- Rotating tray turns constantly to provide even baking
- Foods are baked on both sides with top and bottom heating elements. Heating elements are controlled separately so you can choose bottom, top or both elements for best results.
- Timer shows end of cooking time and turns off heating automatically.
- Saves up to 60% of energy in comparison to traditional oven.
- Easy to store and cleanup
2. Pizzacraft PizzaQue PC6500 Outdoor Pizza Oven
Cook your own pizzas on the go or at home in few minutes with Pizzacraft PizzaQue PC6500 Outdoor Pizza Oven. It is portable, lightweight and safe on all the surfaces. It is very simple to use. All you need to hook it to propane tank, turn on, and preheat it for up to 15 minutes and you are good to go. It is an ideal choice for camping, tailgating, or family pizza night. It operates on 20-lb propane tank for 25 hours.
It can easily accommodate several accessories. It helps transfer pizza with ease and clean up your oven. It lifts pizza oven to around 3.3 ft. from the ground. So, you can easily get pizzas from your oven and it provides durable and convenient work space next to the oven.
- Ready to cook and preheat in 15 minutes
- Prepare crisp oven-style pizza within few minutes
- Portable for camping or any adventure
- Features 14” cordierite pizza stone and made of steel
3. Ooni 3 Portable Wood Pallet Pizza Oven with Peel and Stone
Ooni 3 portable wood pallet pizza oven is the best tool for your outdoor kitchen and garden. It is built well to take bulk, cost and stress out of using wood-fired oven. It reaches high heat of 932F within 10 minutes to cook the delicious wood-fired pizza in just 60 seconds.
This oven works on wooden pallets which are very high on energy and cheap. Along with pizza, you can also make all types of vegetables, meats, seafood, flatbread or any food which has short cooking time. It is powered by wooden pallets which are very cheap and rich in energy.
- Maintains heat with insulated body
- Better temperature control with wood pallet burner
- 3 legs rather than four to make it even more stable
4. Wisco 421 Pizza Oven with LED Display
It is more than just a common pizza oven. With just one push, LED display on Wisco 421 Pizza oven is set for 10 minutes automatically at 450F. Do you need more or less time at varied temperature? It features new rotary dial design to set it easily at what you require when dial is turned by you.
Whether you are baking pizza, fries, wings, popcorn shrimp or onion wings, this pizza oven is your best bet. It works well and it doesn’t need you to warm up the large oven at first. It can also be used to warm up pizza, sandwiches and bread. You can easily set temperature and timer. You can also lower or add baking time when the oven is running simply by turning knob.
- Easy to remove clean up tray
- Easy 1-touch setting to set it up 450F for 10 minutes
- Calrod heating elements
5. Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
Italian brick ovens are well known for delicious artisan pizzas, with well crisp toppings and crust melded well. You can enjoy the real artisan pizza at home with this hand-held Italian Artisan Pizza oven from Camp Chef. It has the features giving the performance of wood-fired oven from double walled built and well-designed burners to its cordierite ceramic pizza stone and ventilation. You can get proper responsiveness and heat control with micro-adjust valves and responsiveness to cook the delicious artisan pizza.
- Enhances heating in double-layered ceilings to provide baking like brick oven
- In-built valve ignition for complete flame control
- Ventilated oven door
6. Betty Crocker BC-2958CR Pizza Maker
Do you crave home-baked pizza but can’t stand the feeling of turning on the oven? Betty Crocker Pizza Maker Plus offers fun, fast, and energy-efficient option to create flatbreads or pizzas with your own toppings in minutes. Whether you cook with frozen pie or fresh dough, you can get 12-inch delicious pizzas with crispy crust all the time. It is also best to make different types of creative snacks and quick meals with less preparation when you can enjoy time with family and friends in your kitchen.
This Betty Crocker pizza maker is the right choice for delicious pizza. It is more than just for pizza. You can make nachos, quesadillas, quiche, mini frittatas, giant cookies, croissants, etc. This non-stick baking plate bakes crust well and it is also very easy to clean up.
- Non-stick baking surface
- Indicator light to show it is ready to bake
- Power-on indicator
- Bake frozen pizza or 12” homemade pizza
7. Ronco Pizza & More
Ronco Pizza & More oven brings the revolutionary cooking technology with old-world, traditional pizza baking techniques to make delicious pizzeria-worthy pizza at home easily and quickly.
Designed with open-air conduction, convection and rotating pan and high radiant heat to bake ideal pizza, Ronco Pizza & More is ideal for homemade and frozen pizzas, wings, jalapeno poppers, nachos, pizza rolls, open-faced sandwiches and more.
- Make delicious pizza quick
- Rotating 13” plate to cook snacks, pizza, and appetizers evenly
- Removable pizza pan and warming tray
8. Pizzacraft Pizzeria Pronto Outdoor Pizza Oven – PC6000
It can totally change your pizza night permanently. It is portable, lightweight, and safe on all surfaces. It is very simple to use. It can reach cooking temperatures of more than 700F and cooks pizza in just 5 minutes. It is ideal for camping, tailgating, or any adventure.
- Runs on propane
- Perfect for picnics, camping or any other activity
- Cooks pizza within 5 minutes
- Reaches temperature of 700F and preheats in 10 minutes only
9. BakerStone O-AHXXX-O-000 Pizza Oven Box
It raises temperature of grills in a level that matches real wooden burning pizza oven. It can achieve unmatched pizza baking performance by combining conductive, convective, and radiant heat to bake different foods.
- Turns most larger gas grills and 3-burner grills into an ideal pizza oven
- Create pizzeria-like pizzas within 5 minutes
- Bakes bread, cookies, and pizza
10. CuiZen PIZ-4012 Pizza Box Oven
CuiZen Pizza Box can easily take pizza baking to another level with its different design. It has bottom and top heating elements with non-stick, rotating pan. It can cook 12-inch pizza every time.
- Easy to adjust thermostat control
- Cooks 12’ pizza with ease
- Cool-touch handle made of stainless steel
- 1200W power for well-cooked pizza every time
How To Choose The Best Pizza Stone
Let me be frank, I am a pizza lover and I believe most of the people who have tasted pizza once in their lifetime. It has been few months since I have bought my pizza oven, yes; I bought one to satisfy my desire and craze to try new pizzas, however, it was not easy getting the best one. Here are a few factors and things that could help you get the best product.
1) Type of pizza oven: There is more than one type of pizza oven available today. Each designed to deliver a different level of cooking and different flavor. Most of the people are not aware that there are different types of pizza ovens. However, based on the efficiency of cooking, the stone pizza oven is the most efficient and the one that delivers better pizzas.
Different Types of Pizza Oven
Pizza oven are a great tool to prepare pizzas. In the following lines we will find to go through the different types of pizza ovens available in the market. Let us try to explore it.
- Brick oven pizza:
If anyone wants to get the taste and flavor of the Italian pizzas then it is the best oven for such work. This oven uses the traditional mode of preparing pizzas for the people. If anyone is searching to please anyone who knows the exact way to prepare pizzas then it is probably the best one in the market.
- Conveyor ovens:
It is one of the exclusively made ovens that are available in the market. They are very large machines that are specially made for this work. A conveyor is mainly used to take in the prepared pizzas in one end and then slowly moving it through pushing them on the other side.
- Pizza Convection Ovens:
On the other hand, it is one of the most important types of ovens for preparing pizzas. They are suitable for both home and commercial purposes. It works in a special way by circulating the air inside the oven so that the temperature remains even throughout the place. Through this way, the temperature remains even.
- Pizza deck ovens:
Pizza deck ovens are mainly made for those people who do not have proper space for wood fired pizza oven but wandering to have some fresh and delicious pizzas. These types of oven reach a temperature of 400-600 degree Fahrenheit. The device is perfectly made to make pizzas in a great way.
Thus with these types of ovens it is very easy and simple to prepare pizzas by anyone. It can be operated by anyone if they are aware about the basic things of operation.
2) How many pizzas are you planning to make? Not all pizza ovens come with the same capacity, based on the capacity pizza ovens could be differentiated to
- Low to medium – this type of pizza oven comes with 2 to 5 racks designed to hold a 16-inch pizza per rack. According to experts, this type of oven typically takes about 3 to 6 minutes to fully cook the pizza. However, the cooking time could differ based on the number of dough.
- Medium capacity – medium capacity pizza oven is commonly known as deck pizza oven that comes with deck capacity that could manage 4 to 8, 12-inch pizzas per deck. A medium capacity pizza oven will have 4 to 5 decks in total which means, you could cook a maximum of 40, 12-inch pizzas in one go.
- High capacity oven – High capacity oven is oven referred to as conveyer ovens, this type of oven as the name suggests comes with a cooking platform set over a conveyer that could cook the pizza very fast and deliver the pizza outside the oven as the cooking platform is set on a conveyer that could move. The manual labor required for using this type of oven is considerably low and it could deliver a pizza within 4-5 minutes.
3) It is not just the capacity of the pizza oven that matters, what if the space available is too small.
- Small area oven – If the space available to mount the pizza oven is small, then we recommend that you purchase convention pizza oven as they are comparatively smaller than other pizza ovens
- Medium area oven – If the space available is comparatively larger, then you should prefer purchasing deck pizza ovens as they are larger than any other small area convection oven.
- Large area oven – If you need a pizza oven for commercial purpose, then we recommend that you purchase a high capacity oven, in other words, conveyer ovens. Of course, if it’s a commercial purpose, you will definitely have some space available for placing oven. This is why we recommend that you purchase a conveyer oven, as conveyer’s ovens require large space for mounting.
Now, there is yet another thing most people consider. The price of the pizza oven, however, not all of them do consider the price. But, you should know that commercial convection ovens are cheap, deck ovens come with medium price, and conveyer ovens are the most expensive. Based on these factors, you could consider purchasing a pizza oven with ease.
Pizza Oven Cleaning & Caring Instructions
Cleaning a pizza oven is very important; the user must pay keen attention to clean the oven each time after use. Here is how to do it.
Step 1: Once you are done cooking the pizza in the oven, open the oven and you could find left over’s in it
Step 2: Remove the debris daily after the pizza oven cools down
Step 3: To remove the debris and leftovers, the use scraper or wire brush
Step 4: If the pizza oven comes with dust pan, remove the pan and clean the dust pan too
Step 5: If the pizza oven you use comes with stone, then remember not to use fluid or water to clean the stone. Make sure you scrub or scrape the stone.
Step 6: Now, clean the exterior of the oven using a cleaner, or a cleaning fluid.
Step 1: Cleaning a conveyer oven is not that easy, it is a bit complicated as the oven comes with several moving parts.
Step 2: Once, the cooking is done, switch off the device and then unplug the oven.
Step 3: Remove the conveyor belt, if you have no idea how to do it, refer the manufacturer’s instruction and remove the belt
Step 4: Now, spray the conveyer belt with an over cleaner, make sure the cleaner is non-toxic.
Step 5: With a wire brush, scrub the conveyer belt to remove any deposits on the belt. Before scrubbing, allow the belt and non-toxic cleaner to set.
Step 6: Now, with a vacuum cleaner, remove all the deposits in the machine and then wipe clean the windows and doors
Step 7: Now, using a wet cloth clean the exterior of the oven and with a dry cloth wipe clean it.
Also make sure that you mount or store the pizza oven in a place with least moisture.
All the factors and features listed above will help you select the best pizza ovens available today. Make sure you consider all the factors without fail.
How To Use A Pizza Oven at Home?
- Let the oven leave its moisture
Whenever you are using a new pizza oven, then you should wait for one week before you start using it. The humidity of the oven should be adequately evaporated because if you try to heat up it instantly, the moisture is converted into steam, which can lead to fissures and cracks inside the oven.
- Light up the fire in the center
You should always light up the fire in the middle of the oven so that the heat can be received on every side of it. You need to find out how the stove works, and only then you can ensure if it can heat up properly or not.
- Evenly spread heat
It should be your goal to let the heat spread out evenly on all the sides and there can be three types of weather which can be used to cook pizza in the oven at home. Either you can use conductive heat, or you can use convection or radiant heat.
- Clean and dry wood should be used by you
You should make sure that the wood which you are applying for the oven should be clean and free of any chemicals and paint. It would be better if you are using dry season wood because it will be perfect for cooking pizza in the oven.
- Use softer woods in the beginning
You can use the softer wood while firing the oven for the first time, and then you can use hardwood because it is difficult for the tree to catch fire easily. If you have pine wood, then it would be greeted to light up the oven in the beginning. When the fire gets started, you can use wood with a diameter of around 15cm only. If you are using dense lumber, then it can produce heat which can stay for a more extended period.
- Basic rules while lighting a fire
You should keep the door of the oven partially open while firing it up. Crumbled newspaper can also be used for the initial explosion. The best way to do this is to prepare fire over pizza paddle, and then it can be light up in the oven center. When the oven starts turning black, smoke will begin rising out of it. Let the temperature reach till 350 degree Celsius, and then the oven will turn grey colored. You can let the heat slow down by not putting more wood into it.
In this review, we have covered the best pizza ovens and all of their key features. If you are in search for the one, you should definitely have one. We have covered all the products from leading brands known for their best performance and longevity.
Editor's Note: Article Was Last Updated on