Not every people have visions of creating High-end restaurant style pizza, but most people have strong cravings for pizza. Making mouthwatering pizza is not just limited to professional chefs; anyone can make use of the types of equipment and try making pizza at the comfort of their home. One such essential equipment is pizza peel, which lets lift pizza up and transfers it onto the oven. Further, you can achieve the toppings that a homemade pizza deserves. The pizza peel is specially designed to slide your homemade pizza. To get good, crispy, crunchy, mesmerizing toppings, you need to place the homemade pizzas at the hot blasting surface without touching the hot oven. Sleek and ergonomically designed peel handle can do this on the go. Metal and plastic are widely used for manufacturing pizza peel.
Regardless they are durable and string, wooden pizza peel ensures safe & healthy pizza. Since there is a whole lot of good pizza peel available out there, we will help you find out the best one that suits your cooking needs.
Best Buy Pizza Peel Reviews 2020
1. Pizza Royale Bamboo Pizza Peel
Royale Bamboo pizza peel is our top pick. Bamboo has been the best choice for a wooden pizza peel for years. It is strong, durable and studies that you can rely on it without hassle. This pizza peel just measures 19.6 inches, 12 inches. The sleek, sharp blade measures 12 inches, which is wide enough to hold your pizza. If you have a medium sized oven, this bamboo pizza peel can be the perfect fit for your cooking needs. The pizza peel should be washed with soap & water after use. Bamboo has good antimicrobial properties that ensure healthy pizza. This is the reason why most people prefer this one.
- Anti-microbial property
- safe & healthy pizza
- Large enough to hold a large pizza
Read Also: Top 10 Best Pizza Pans
2. RSVP Endurance Stainless Steel peel
Next, to our top pick, RSVP stainless steel pizza peel has high customer satisfaction and ratings, thus making it one of the versatile pizza peels on our list. The manufacturer has designed the pizza peel with stainless alloy, which ensures that the heat is distributed evenly throughout the metal surface. With this durable product, you can even lift heavy pizza off the oven. Unlike other modern rectangular peel, this product comes with a gorgeous round shaped surface with metal handle that provides a comfortable grip. To ease the cleaning process, the manufacturer has designed the product with dishwasher-safe materials.
- Made from stainless steel
- Soft silicone grip handle
- Dishwasher safe
Read Also: Top 10 Best Pizza Stone
3. New Star Foodservice Aluminum Pizza Peel
The compact, lightweight, durable pizza peel bears aluminum construction that you can rely on for years. This new pizza peel holds five-star ratings with a huge number of positive reviews. The 16- inch large pizza peel can hold heavy pizza with ease. The product comes with the blend of metal and wood to ensure worthiness.
- Easy to use
- Durable Aluminium construction
- High customer satisfaction
Read Also: Top 10 Best Pizza Oven
4. The Baker’s Board Perfect Peel
The baker’s board perfect peel is ideal for both the home cook and professional chef as well. If you would like to try something different, you can have a look at this one. It boasts loads of features to hallmark its quality and brand name. Without having to touch the hot blast oven, you can place the pizza safely using the long handle. As it is an affordable option, you can avail it at any season. The blade measures 16 inches and handles measures 20 inches. The price tag and compact wooden surface making it an affordable pizza peel on the list.
- Strong wooden surface
- Ideal for home cook & professional chef
- Durable handle
5. Kalrede Pizza Peel with Foldable Handle
If you don’t want to save large storage space for a pizza peel, then you may want to look at this kalrede pizza peel. You will have to fold the handle over the blade so that you can store in a cabin or shelf. It is not the big one and measures 9.8 inches by 12 inches.
It is made of a metal body with wooden handle. Since it is dishwasher safe, you can easily toss in the dishwasher without having to wash by hand.
- Compact, handy
- Save storage space
- Dishwasher safe
- Exclusive lifetime warranty
6. Cuisinart CPS-445 Pizza peel
Cuisinart is not just limited to pizza pan but also provides various offerings and discount for the pizza peels. A unique, ultra-thin design ensures exciting performance. Similar to the other products on our list, the parts of Cuisinart peel are dishwasher safe. Therefore, you don’t have the hassle of washing the peel with your hands often. You just need to toss it on the dishwasher for few minutes after every use. The soft-touch handle adds charms to the product. Further, the silicon formulated pizza peel measures 9.5 inches, thus you have to save 9.5-inch space for storing it. Some users drill through the handle and store it upright. If you want to save that small space, you can do the same.
- Soft touch handle
- Compact, easy to use
- Dishwasher safe
7. Pizza craft pizza peel
Are you tired of using a heavyweight pizza peel to lift up your pizzas? If yes, pizza craft peel is what you should try at least once in your life. What’s more interesting? The compact, lightweight design makes it extremely comfortable to use. Without having to worry about the reliability, you can get this product at Amazon shopping portal. The high-end pizza peel comes with a stone brush that simplifies cleaning process. Unlike the low quality plastic construction, this pizza craft peel boasts wooden handle that transforms your kitchen into professional results. The wooden peel ensures durability and longevity. Besides being durable, it comes with the manufacturer warranty of 30 days. It just requires little space for hanging.
- Comes with 30 days manufacturer warranty
- Lightweight, durable
- Don’t require much space
8. Heritage Acacia Wood Pizza Peel
This versatile pizza peel features a tapered edge, which enables you to lift up pizza, and pieces of bread out of the micro oven. The sleek and stylish handle can fit your hands easily, so you can enjoy serving the dinner. Whether it is cheese platter, charcuterie board, Heritage Acacia pizza pan is something that you should try for the first time. The peel measures 22×14 inches and is wide enough to fit the homemade pizzas. You just need 14-inch storage space but heritage pizza peel doesn’t need extra space as it can be stored upright. The high-quality wood material used for the peel is being tested crafted and well processed before manufacturing the product. The soft & smooth surface enhances the user experience. A simple yet stylish pizza peel is one that you can rely on for years to come.
- Sleek & stylish handle
9. EXO Non-Stick Polymer Sealed Super Peel Pizza Peel
If you want to invest in pizza peel that doesn’t cost you much, then Exo Non-stick is what you are looking for. Whether you are a professional chef or home cook or fresher who don’t know ABC of pizza, this Exo pizza peel can help you all. This amazing product ensures that the pizza peel is durable and strong enough to hold large pizzas. Interestingly, it eliminates the hassle of transferring the pizza onto the oven. No matter what kind of pizza you love- whether it is sticky, crispy or delicate dough, EXO pizza peel is ideal for your pizza needs. It is just more than lifting and transferring the pizzas. Besides being durable, this nonstick polymer peel eliminates excess oil and absorbs broken pizza.
- Nonstick polymer
- Durable & strong
10. Kitchen supply pizza peel
Finally yet importantly, kitchen supply pizza peels is a must-have kitchen accessory that enables effortless cooking at the comfort of your home. With this amazing pizza peel, you can easily transfer delicious pizzas pastries, delicate pieces of bread and any kind of dishes into an oven and transform your basic cooking skills into professional results. The peel enables you to place the food on the oven much easier. Since it is lightweight, people find it easy to use and easy to handle. The compact handy and simple peel matches all of your cooking needs. To easily slide the pizza, it is good to sprinkle the peels with cornmeal, wheat bran or flour.
- Exclusive lifetime warranty
- Easy to use
Pizza Peel Buying Guide – What To look for it?
Pizza peels are kitchen tools that are useful to transfer the pizza or the bread to be cooked to the deck oven and retrieve the food from it when it is cooked. The Pizza pees are also known as pizza paddles and they are available in different sizes, materials, and shapes.
Pizza peel buying guide – How to choose the peels or long-handled tools that you can conveniently slide under the dough and transfer it to and from the oven includes
Type of material – The material with which the pizza peel is made is very important to take note of. Each material has its own pros and cons the different materials used for making Pizza peels include
- Wood – it is one of the classic options for use as a pizza peel material. The advantages include it being strong enough to support heavy foods even when it has a long handle. They are heat resistant and they can be used in ovens with very high temperatures as well. the wooden peelers are very useful to release raw dough on to the oven deck. But due to the challenges in sanitizing, it is restricted for use in certain countries. Check this before you buy.
- Aluminum – They are easy to maintain and durable as well. they are thinner than the wooden peels, yet they can lift heavy loads of food. This is because of the inherent property of the metal to maintain its strength even if it is a thin sheet. But, the disadvantage is that sometimes the dough tends to cling to the metal if it is used without a flour or cornmeal as a release agent. They may have wooden or metal handles with rubber grips to prevent the transfer of heat.
- Stainless steel – The use and properties are quite the same as the Aluminum peels and it may be fixed with a hollow metal handle or a wooden
- Wood composite – These Pizza peels are made of a combination of wood and resins. The presence of the resins makes it possible to have a thinner peel when compared to a wooden peel. This would be useful in sliding under the pizza and bread easily. But, the composite peels cannot have a long handle and can be used only in low-volume operations.
Handle length – The handle length of the pizza peel you decide to buy must be bought with due consideration of the depth of your deck oven. The handle length is considered to be ideal when the blade of the pizza peel reaches the back of the oven when you have the hand on the handle a few inches away from the opening of the oven. This willl help prevent accidental burns.
Blade size and shape – The pizza peels are either rectangular or round. Even rectangular peels are rounded at the front. The rectangular peels are ideal for maneuvering the Pizza in to and out of the oven. While the round peels are useful to turn the pizzas round while it is cooking especially in large wooden-fired ovens. The size of the cell that you choose should be as large as the size of the pizza that you often cook. A smaller one would not support it completely, while a larger one would be difficult to maneuver.
Pizza Peel Clean and care instructions
- The wooden peels need special care. They should not be soaked or cleaned in a dishwasher. This would lead to cracking and warping. Giving it a thorough wash immediately after use and must be dried thoroughly. You may rub some mineral oil on to the wood surface to increase its longevity
- The composite peels are easy to maintain and can be washed even in a dishwasher
- The Aluminum and stainless steel can also be cleaned easily. They may be washed in a dishwasher too.
In general, you just need to soak the pizza peel except for the wooden one for sometime in water and clean by removing the dough you find sticking to the bottom. Caution needs to be exercised with Aluminum peels to ensure that it does not get into contact with anything acidic in nature as this might destroy its stable state which would make it released stuff into the food.
How To Use a Pizza Peel Properly?
If you don’t know how to use a pizza peel, then you will learn it now. It is not difficult as it seems and not so easy also. You need to learn a certain technique with which it will be possible for you to use this pizza peel in a proper manner.
- Whenever you prepare the pizza dough, you should make sure that it doesn’t stick to the peel otherwise your efforts will be ruined.
- You can use semolina and flour to prevent the dough from sticking. Semolina can make a good texture-out of the dough and it will also improve the flavor of it.
- Instead of using the metal peel, you should use the wooden peel because pizza dough gets stuck easily on the metal peel. You need to stretch the dough on your worktop after which you can add toppings on it. Don’t overload your pizza because this will add weight to it.
- Instead of ruining your pizza at first, it will be better to fold a towel and then place it on your piazza peel. You will be required to practice a kind of motion to do the work.
- You can consider a serving board as your aim and keep practicing with the towel until you become perfect at placing it.
- Make sure that you don’t keep practicing for a long time because this can make the pizza dough go dry.
- Handle the pizza peel comfortable and then slide over the pizza dough prepared by you on the peel slowly.
- Make sure that your speed to place the pizza dough on the peel shouldn’t be too fast and it shouldn’t be extremely slow.
So, these are the tips to use a pizza peel in a perfect manner to avoid ruining your pizza.
Making a crispy, crunchy and delicious pizza not just requires pizza pan but also an ergonomically designed handle to lift off the pizza and transfer to it the hot blast surface.
The above listed product makes your job easier. All you need to do is choose the best one of your choice.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Pizza Peel Reviews 2020
- 1. Pizza Royale Bamboo Pizza Peel
- 2. RSVP Endurance Stainless Steel peel
- 3. New Star Foodservice Aluminum Pizza Peel
- 4. The Baker’s Board Perfect Peel
- 5. Kalrede Pizza Peel with Foldable Handle
- 6. Cuisinart CPS-445 Pizza peel
- 7. Pizza craft pizza peel
- 8. Heritage Acacia Wood Pizza Peel
- 9. EXO Non-Stick Polymer Sealed Super Peel Pizza Peel
- 10. Kitchen supply pizza peel
- Pizza Peel Buying Guide – What To look for it?
- Pizza Peel Clean and care instructions
- How To Use a Pizza Peel Properly?