You can definitely save a lot by investing in the best rated knife block sets rather than separate knives. But because of many choices available, you cannot easily start. You can have years of convenience in cooking with a quality knife block set while poor quality knife block set can be an utter disappointment.
For a professional chef or a home cook, they should really go with a good set of knives. They are very helpful tool to prepare meals. With proper maintenance and care, a knife set can last for years. Some people choose to buy individual knives rather than a complete set. Actually, there is nothing wrong for you to go with a knife set. It can be a great gift for someone who is setting up a kitchen. In addition, if you don’t have much time to research on each knife, you should have a complete knife block set. The knife block sets listed here are available at reasonable price, without breaking your bank.
Advantages of using a kitchen block set
- It could help the user arrange the knives neatly
- Every knife at a common spot
- Protect the knife from damages
- Protect the family members from accidentally cutting their fingers or hands
- Avoid the knives from rusting or stains
You can buy knives both as a set or separately. A knife block set usually includes kitchen knives, a honing tool and knife block. It is a lot cheaper than buying them individually. All knives have same handles and deigns.
Best Knife Block Sets Reviews 2020
Table of Contents
- Best Knife Block Sets Reviews 2020
- 1. Chicago Cutlery Fusion 18pc Block Set
- 2. Cuisinart C77SS-15PK 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set
- 3. AmazonBasics 18-pc Premium Knife Block Set
- 4. J. A. Henckels International Statement 12-pc Knife Block Set
- 5. AmazonBasics 14-pc High Carbon Stainless Steel Knife Set with Pine wood Block
- 6. Cangshan 1022599 S1 Series German Steel 17-pc Forged Knife Block Set
- 7. Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-pc Forged Knife Block Set with Tempered Glass Block
- 8. Chicago Cutlery Insignia2 18-pc Knife Block Set with Sharpener Inside
- 9. Calphalon Classic Self Sharpening Cutlery 15 pc Knife Block Set
- 10. DALSTRONG Knife Block-Gladiator Series Colossal Knife Set
- Knife Block Set Buying Guide, Clean & Caring Instructions
- Cleaning & Caring Instructions
1. Chicago Cutlery Fusion 18pc Block Set
Chicago Cutlery Fusion 18pc knife block set is the perfect blend of best performance and sleek design. This set has high-carbon forged stainless steel knives and easy-grip poly handles for great balance, sharpness and control. Each knife has prolonged edge with Taper Grind Edge Technology.
The set consists of a huge range of knives to cover huge range of needs for food preparation. Nurture your inner pro chef with high performance block set that comes from Chicago Cutlery. The set has great performance level and range of knives to prepare food like a pro.
- Backed by lifetime warranty
- Appealing design
- High-carbon stainless steel blades
2. Cuisinart C77SS-15PK 15-Piece Stainless Steel Hollow Handle Block Set
Cuisinart C77SS-15 PK 15-pc stainless steel hollow handle knife block set features ergonomic designed knives from its Classic Collection. Cuisinart products are ultimate in quality and price. You can customize your own cutlery collection with different new block and knife sets. All of the knives in this set are crafted with precision and high-carbon stainless steel blades. They have durable and strong bolster for great control and stability. It provides superior stability and control with stainless steel handle which is designed ergonomically. It includes six hot-forged steak knives of 4.5”.
- High-carbon superior stainless steel blades made for accuracy and perfection
- Durable, strong bolster for great control and stability
- Precisely tapered and easy to clean ground blades
3. AmazonBasics 18-pc Premium Knife Block Set
This 18-pc knife block set from AmazonBasics offers smooth performance for dicing, slicing, cutting, chopping and more. Whether you are just starting out or an experienced chef, the set include a huge range of quality cutlery. It is made of high quality stainless steel. The set includes well-honed blades for reliable cutting performance and prolonged sharpness. The blades are fully sharpened. Use the blade sharpener included to maintain strong edge on all knives except 8 steak knives. It has micro-serrated edges that never need additional sharpening.
- Stainless steel blades with micro-serrated edges
- Triple-riveted handles weighted to provide control and balance
- Good choice for any busy kitchen
4. J. A. Henckels International Statement 12-pc Knife Block Set
If you have small and basic kitchen tasks like coring or peeling fruits and vegetables and you don’t need or have budget to choose expensive sets, you can definitely start with J.A. Hencklels International Paring knives. This knife set includes 3” vegetable knife, 3.5” paring knife and 2” peeling knife. The set is dishwasher safe and includes limited lifetime manufacturer’s warranty.
- Made of high-carbon stainless steel for unmatched value and performance
- Dishwasher safe knives
- Lifetime limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Good for a beginner with limited requirements
5. AmazonBasics 14-pc High Carbon Stainless Steel Knife Set with Pine wood Block
With all the basics in one collection, AmazonBasics 14-piece high-carbon stainless steel knife set comes with pine wood block. It is a great sensible gift for newlyweds, college grads, or anyone who is setting up their kitchen for the first time. This kitchen knife set is very handy as it has complete range of cutlery for dicing, slicing and chopping.
It also includes a beautiful pine wood block which is added to provide safe storage of all pieces and to keep collection in close reach. This set includes high quality knives with stainless-steel, high carbon blades with razor-sharp edges. It promotes great precision results and cutting accuracy. You can sharpen the blades as needed with blade sharpener to maintain strong edge for efficient and safe use.
- Precision results with superior stainless steel blades
- POM triple-rivet handles for secure grip
- Comfortable grip on handles
6. Cangshan 1022599 S1 Series German Steel 17-pc Forged Knife Block Set
This S1 Series knife set from Cangshan is the minimalistic in design with the combination of functionality and aesthetics. It is a sleek and modern knife set which shines out with great qualities and it elevates and compliments the skills of a professional chef.
A chef needs a connection with all the tools they use. This knife set includes all tools that they work with. In this knife set, aesthetics are pushed to perfection. Each angle and curve ensures comfortable and secure grip on handle. These knives are seamless and well-balanced. They feel great to hold and work.
- Made of premium materials
- Strong walnut wood block works with knives well
- NSF Certified
- Easy and comfortable grip
7. Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-pc Forged Knife Block Set with Tempered Glass Block
Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-piece forged knife set includes high-carbon German steel knives which resist corrosion, rust, and discoloration. These knives are made of single steel which is improved by arranging its molecular structure well with heat. As a result, you will have the cutting edge which stays sharp for longer period and it is easier to maintain.
It has transparent glass block so you can easily pick the right knife. The blades have Santoprene non-slip handles for excellent grip even when your hands are wet or sticky. It won’t break down and it can withstand all temperature. Each knife consists of a bolster for added balance and strength. It protects your fingers and provides better handling.
- German steel, precision-forged knives
- Transparent glass block to pick the right knife
- NSF certified knives
8. Chicago Cutlery Insignia2 18-pc Knife Block Set with Sharpener Inside
Chicago Cutlery Insignia2 knife block set is equipped well with the most widely-used cutlery. It is a great set to improve your kitchen collection. It has 17-slot storage block to house all the knives. It has in-block sharpener to keep all of the blades sharp.
- Stainless-steel high-carbon full-tang blades
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Forged, heavy duty bolsters
- Stainless steel triple rivets with ergonomic and secured polymer handles
9. Calphalon Classic Self Sharpening Cutlery 15 pc Knife Block Set
Calphalon Classic Self-Sharpening 15-Piece Cutlery Set is designed to always keep your knives in excellent working condition and ensure peak performance, no matter what you want to cut. It features a huge range of knives with rubber-wood blonde knife block with integrated ceramic sharpeners to sharpen the edges of blades automatically whenever they are replaced or removed.
In this set, the knives are made of stainless, forged high-carbon blades that are rust-proof. It has triple-riveted handles to provide reliable and strong grip. It has full-tang built to ensure great strength. This self-sharpening knife block set is designed to last longer and is backed by complete lifetime warranty.
- In-built ceramic sharpeners which sharpen chef knives automatically and other knives
- High-carbon, forced stainless steel
- Labeled handles to pick the right blade
- Triple-riveted handles for secured grip
- Full-tang design for added balance and strength
10. DALSTRONG Knife Block-Gladiator Series Colossal Knife Set
This Gladiator Series colossal knife set from DALSTRONG is a great example of excellent craftsmanship, modern technology, premium materials and stunning design aspects. It includes full-tang, razor sharp, high-carbon imported German steel knives with manually polished edges. The knives are stainless resistant and tempered precisely.
- Ergonomic handle design
- High carbon stainless steel knives
- Triple riveted handles for great durability
- Full tang knives for added strength
- Easy to cleanup
- BPA-free DALSTRONG PerfectFit protective sheath
Knife Block Set Buying Guide, Clean & Caring Instructions
A Kitchen is never complete without a knife or a set of best knives. There is absolutely no way today that we could avoid using a knife in the kitchen, in order, to get the food items or raw material sliced or chopped. Getting a good set of knives is not that easy neither does getting a knife block set. A knife block set as you know could protect your knives, as well as, keeps all your knives arranged at a common spot, making it easy to access it. Here is a buying guide that could help you get the best knife block set available today.
Material – Knife block set could be made of any material. It could be plastic, wood, or a metal/alloy. The selection of material is all up to the user’s preference. However, not all material has the same durability and features. Metal/alloy or wood knife block set is durable and strong; they come with the strength to hold good weight. However, compared to plastic type, wood, metal, alloy made knife block set is expensive. Unless you are looking for the cheapest product, we recommend that you go for wood/metal/alloy made knife block set.
Number of knives – Not all the knife block set would come with the same number of slots for holding the knives. Yes, different knife block set comes with a different number of slots. We would recommend always having an idea of how many knives you need to mount on a block set. Only if you have an idea of how many knives you need to mount, then you would be able to fix on which model knife block set to purchase.
Balancing – A knife block set that does not have balance is worthless, no matter how many knives is mounted let it be the least number of knives or a maximum number of knives, the knife block set should stand without falling. There are products from local brands that do not come with this feature so, it is important you consider top brands only.
Cost – Cost is always one of the top factors that should be considered while purchasing any product and especially while selecting the knife block set, in a way cost of a product could indicate the quality of the product. For example genuine wood knife block set would be expensive, in turn; the product will be durable and strong. On the other hand, cheap wood knife block set could prove unworthy after a few uses. So, if you are planning on selecting a knife block set based on its price, then do not go for the cheap product, a medium or above priced product is what we recommend.
Cleaning & Caring Instructions
Cleaning the knife block set very important as it could prove unhealthy if left without cleaning for a long time. Here are some common ways to clean the product
Method 1 – Take the knife block set and turn it upside down, shake or tap the bottom of the knife block set for a few minutes. If there is any debris or deposit inside the block set it will come off.
Method 2 – If you have a vacuum cleaner then you could use the vacuum cleaner to suck all the debris or deposits from the inside of the knife block set.
Method 3 – If a vacuum cleaner or upside down tapping does not work, then you could simply purchase a pipe cleaner with appropriate size and then use it to clean the slots with ease.
Once you are done with cleaning the interior of the slots, you need to clean the exterior, the block itself.
To clean the block, you could simply scrub the exterior with a soft scrubber. Remember, if your product comes polished then avoid using sharp or hard scrubbers. Hard or sharp scrubbers could lead to your product left with annoying scratches on it.
Finally, If you need to keep your kitchen clean and neat, then a knife block set is an unavoidable thing. The buying guide mentioned above will help you get the best knife block set and the cleaning guide could help you keep the knife block set clean.
When buying a knife set, you should understand there is a small change in knife size. It is important to test your cooking choices and consider various types of knives that come with the knife set.