Steak, who does love a saucy steak? I do love it, to be frank, I almost have tried every steak out there bear steak, pork steak, beef steak, turtle steak etc. Steaks are not just limited to non-veg varieties and you might know it. However, it not just the meat that is important everything related to preparing it to serve it is very important when it comes to a steak.
Yes, it’s not just the cooked steak that is important; the serving has an equal role to play. Steak knives play an important role while preparing the steak and while serving the steak. A good steak knife is that knife that is sharp and is made of high quality material that could enable the cook/chef/the user to tackle through the meat with ease. It also would enable the user to cut the biggest and hardest meat with the least strain.
Things you need to know about steak knives
- There are more than one type of steak knives
- Good quality steak knives do not always come with an expensive price tag
- The use of a steak knife is not just limited to steaks, but they could be used for cubing cheese, cutting sandwiches, trimming fat off the meat, and many more
- Steak knives cut be easily honed, all you need is an appropriate steel or stone to do it
- This feature might not be important, but steak knives are stylish and could be an attractive addition to your cutlery display
Apart from all the things mentioned above, there is something you should know. There was a time when cooking steaks were limited to hotels, restaurants, or café’s but today with the tools and accessories readily available at a reasonable price anyone with an up hand knowledge on how to cook could cook at home, this simply has increased the demand for steak knives and the brands have met the demand by marketing attractive steak knives.
Here is the list of best steak knives you could consider purchasing.
Best Buy Steak Knife Set Reviews 2020
1. AmazonBasics Premium 8-Piece Kitchen Steak Knife Set
If you are looking for some advanced types of kitchen knife sets that can help in efficient cutting of food items then it can be the best one. It comes with some advanced features that make it unique in all respects. The process of cleaning and maintaining the knife is very easy. It can be easily washed with a mild war water and detergent. It is also made of steel resistant steel and so runs for a long time without any issues. The uniquely designed knives give good control of the hand. The user can easily hold the knife and cut the fruits and vegetables very easily. The handle of the knife is made in a special way so that user can hold it firmly and cut the vegetables very easily.
The whole product is available in a box and so it becomes quite convenient for the user as per their use. If the one gets damaged the user has the option of using the other one. However, the high-quality kitchen knives help in better carrying out of the work. The more it will be used the more it will be loved by the users. Due to the increasing demand of the kitchen knives people always look for the one that is much better and efficient in this case. Even most of the home-makers have started favoring this knife set due to its unique features.
Most of the people have to spend a long time in the kitchen in cutting vegetable with the blunt knife but with the help of this kitchen knife set almost all the work has become very easy and smooth. It can be easily handle by the one who is using it for the first time.
- Superior design of the knives has made it a very favorite item.
- The sharp edges of the knives are quite efficient in cutting the items.
- Stain resistant knife is much more efficient for cutting the vegetables.
- Can be washed by hands and detergents.
- It is absolutely safe for the users.
2. J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Prime 4-pc Steak Knife Set
- 100% genuine product
- Does not come incorporated with a bit of fabric
- The entire set of steak knife is imported
- Comes in a pack of 4
- Each steak knife in this product comes with micro serrated edges
- Designed in a way that it does not demand any frequent sharpening
- Micro serrated edges make sure that the blade does not slip while cutting
- The handles incorporated are triple riveted to the blades
- The blades are made of stainless steel
- The entire set could be dish washed
- The entire blades are guaranteed to be rust resistant
- Each steak knife included in this product comes at a size of 4.5-inches
3. DALSTRONG Steak Knives Set – Gladiator Series – German HC Steel – w/Sheaths
If you are looking for a best steak knife set under the budget of $100 then this steak knife set from dalstrong brand is the best option.
- Ergonomic design
- State-of-art craftsmanship
- Cutting edge technology incorporated
- Comes with maximum sharpness
- Blades are made of imported ThyssenKrupp high-carbon German steel
- The blades are heat treated for maximum hardness
- Comes with a 14-16 degree per side serrate
- The whole set of knives come with 5 inch length each
- The handles incorporated is made of pakkawood that is triple riveted on the blades
- The manufacturer offers protective sheaths with this knife
- Unlike most of the steak knives, this set of seat knives are hand polished to a satin finish
- Comes with 56+ Rockwell hardness, even then the knife is flexible and offers the least slicing resistance
- The entire set of products come mixed with chromium for maximum stain resistance
4. Chicago Cutlery #B144/1104670 4-Piece Walnut Tradition Steak Knife Set
- Comes in a pack of 4
- The entire set of steak knives are made of 100% genuine materials
- This steak knives are manufactured in China
- The blades incorporated into this knives are made of high carbon stainless steel guaranteed to be durable
- The entire steak knives comes with Taper Grind Edge technology that ensures optimum sharpness
- The knives are designed in such a way that they are easy to sharpen and comes with edge retention tech
- Unlike any other steak knife, the sharpen edges extends from the tip of the knife to almost the handle
- Even though, the knife is hardened it comes with utmost balanced
- The handles incorporated into this steak knife is triple riveted to the blade and the handles are made of walnut wood
- The brand offers a full lifetime warranty on the product
5. Utopia Kitchen 8 Pieces Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set – Professional Quality For Multipurpose Use
- Each steak knives in this list comes with an overall length of 4.5 inches
- The blades are made of 420 grade 3Cr14 stainless steel
- The blades comes made of a mixture chromium and carbon that makes it resistant to rust
- Comes specially designed to be tarnish resistant
- The entire piece of steak knives is designed to be cleaned with ease
- The edges of each knife is micro serrated for enhanced precision and to avoid re-sharpening every now and then
- Comes in a pack of 8 pieces
- Ergonomic design
- Unlike most of the products listed above, the product does not have any separate riveted handles, the entire product is a single piece
6. Farberware 5171943 4-Piece Full-Tang Triple Rivet ‘Never Needs Sharpening’ Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set, Black
- Stainless steel blades incorporated steak knife models
- Comes in a set of 4 steak knives
- Triple riveted handles
- Properly weighed for excellent balance and strength
- Specially designed to have absolutely no re-sharpening requirement
- High quality blades incorporated that are made of high carbon stainless steel
- Durable and flexible at the same time
- The entire steam knives come with a maximum length of 4.5 inches
- Could be hand washed with detergents without any stains or rust
7. Wüsthof Classic Steak Knife Set, 4-Piece
- This set of steak knife is imported
- Comes in a set of 4
- Has an overall length of 4.5 inches
- The blades incorporated is made of high quality carbon stainless steel
- Designed in such a way that it comes with maximum sharpness
- Could be honed with ease using an appropriate stone or steel
- The handles are triple riveted to the blades
- The entire steak knives are made to be dishwasher cleaned
- The brand offers a lifetime warranty on this product
- The entire knife is made of a single piece of steel and they are stainless
8. Victorinox Swiss Classic 4-Piece Steak Knife Set, 4-1/2-Inch Serrated Blades with Spear Tip
- This steak knife set is made in Switzerland
- Designed by master cutlers and manufactured by the Victorinox
- The brand offers a lifetime warranty on this steak knife set
- The entire knife is dishwasher safe
- Fibrox handles incorporated for maximum durability and strength
- Handles are slip resistant
- Micro serrated edges that avoids the need for re-sharpening
9. Henckels International Graphite 4-pc Steak Knife Set
- Made of high quality German stainless steel
- Half of the steak knife comes with micro serrated edges
- Satin finished for maximum looks and stain resistance
- Comes incorporated with fully-forged bolster
- The entire steak knife comes lightweight
- Ergonomic design and handles
- Designed to deliver fatigue free cutting as it is comes with sleek sharpness
- Dishwasher safe product
10. Culina Steak Knife Collection 8 pcs
It is seen that a kitchen without a good knife is just impossible. Thus keeping this in mind Culina has founded a set of innovative kitchen knives that are much advanced and unique to a good extent. It will be amazing to know that all the knives that are found inside this box are of high-quality. It comes with good strength and beautiful look so that people can use it conveniently. It is just perfect for all types of kitchen. It may happen that one knife is not enough for cutting the vegetables but with the help of the set people can carry out the work very easily.
If anyone wishes they can also gift such a wonderful item to anyone. That can help the other one in their kitchen work. The more such items will be used the more it will be loved by the people. It also comes with a comfortable grip so that the user can hold it safely and without any issues. On the other side, most of the people can use it as beautiful tableware. It can attract most of the people due to its elegant style and look.
The mode of handling or maintaining the knife is very easy. It can be easily washed with water and soap. One can use it immediately after drying the same with a clean cloth. As it is made of high-quality stainless steel it can run for a long time without any problem. On the other side, the steel is resistant to corrosion. It is one of the greatest advantages of using such a wonderful set of knives.
- It is made of high-quality stainless steel.
- It can serve as a wonderful purpose of tableware and increase the beauty of the table to a good extent.
- The set of knives are resistant to corrosion.
- It is very easy to maintain the knives. It can be washed easily with soap and water.
- The set of knives comes with good grip so that it can be handled by the user. It is quite useful for the users.
How To Choose The Best Steak Knife Set
Cooking vegetables are easy so does the meat, but cooking a delicious steak was never easy. It remains one of the most difficult tasks, the meat, the sauce, the juice, the ingredients, and everything is unique even the knives. The steak knife as you know is different from almost every knife out there. However, with the demand for steak knives increasing, it is not that easy to pick the best suitable steak knife, here are some things that you should know and a buying guide that could help you gets the best steak knife sets.
Things to consider
- The steak knives in a steak knife should look good
- A steak knife should be used on a plate and it is designed to be used on it, so it is very important that you should avoid using teak knives on cutting boards.
Type of blade – There are mainly two types of steak knives available on the market today
Straight steak knife
Serrated steak knife
- Small serration
- Large serration
A serrated blade and straight blade has so much difference and it could deliver very different types of cut. If you are a person who thinks, they cannot deliver different cuts, then you are wrong. You know that straight knives are best for cutting vegetables, fruits, as they could deliver a maximum clean cut, easy to cut, straight cut but a serrated blade is best for cutting or slicing crusty bread and soft materials.
When it comes to serrated knives, the biggest difference is that a serrated knife lasts longer than straight blade knives; however, amongst the small serration and large serration knife, the large serration knives last longer.
Material – A steak knife could be made of different materials, but, as far as, we would recommend that you consider one of the two best materials
- Carbon steel – If you are a person who requires a durable and high quality steak knife, we recommend that you go for a knife made of carbon steel, as they are easy to sharpen, strong, and the sharpness last for longer time.
- Stainless steel – A stainless steel steak knife is lightweight, resistant to rust and stain and it is dishwasher safe. However, stainless steel knives are not that easy to sharpen and the sharpness does not last for a long time when compared to carbon steel.
Handle – A steak knife could come with different handles, it could be the same material as the blade or it could be a wooden handle. Choosing the handle is always up to the user’s preference, however, let me tell you, we recommend that you go for a steak knife with a handle made of the same material as the blade itself as they are seamless and perfect. However, if you prefer some style and traditional look, then wooden handle steak knives are the best.
Full tang or short tang – There are two types of knives
- Full tang – This type of knife comes with metal from top to bottom and the handles with be riveted to the metal with more than two rivets.
- Short tang – This type of steak knife comes with the blade metal only half of the entire product, the handle in this type of knife will be riveted to the blade with not more than two rivets. But, short tang steak knives are not as strong as full tang knives.
Number of knives – A steak knife set could come with a different number of knives; it could be 4 or more than 4. The size of the knife could vary; we recommend that you go for a steak knife set that comes with knives of different sizes and not just the same sizes.
Steak Knife Cleaning & Caring Instructions
As mentioned in the buying guide, never put a carbon steel steak knife in a dishwasher and we recommend that you never store a stainless steel knife in a place with dirt and moisture. Remember, stainless steel is not rust proof, it is just rust resistant
Cleaning a stainless steel or carbon steel steak knife is easy, all you have to do is simply pour some water and with a soft sponge scrub the blades and handle to remove the deposits on it. Then with a dry cloth remove the moisture from the product and store it somewhere with no moisture and dirt.
The buying guide above can help you get the best steak knife set and the cleaning guide below it could help you maintain it neatly for a long time.
How to Use a Steak Knife Properly?
Steak knives are one of the most essential things that you have in your kitchen. These knives can make cutting steak easy and also used for a variety of purposes. Using the quality steak knife help you to the best flavor of the meat and using a steak knife require some etiquette but it requires some patience.
There are two different ways of using a steak knife that is American etiquette and continental etiquette.
In the American style, you need to start by holding the knife in your right hand and use the fork in your left hand. You do not hold the knife like clench or pencil in your fists and make sure that your index finger is extended down the back of the utensils. You need to use the fork to pin the meat and use the knife to cut enough meat consumed in a single bite.
Once after cutting the first bit, you need to place the steak knife on the plate and ensure that your knife does not touch the table after using it. After that, you need to transfer the fork in the right hand and eat your piece of steak. Repeat the process until the food is completed and make sure to cut one bite at a time.
Continental etiquette is simpler and easy to understand than the American etiquette. You need to hold the fork in the left hand and hold the knife in the right hand to start the process just like the American style. Once after cutting the bite, you can use the knife to hold the cut the piece of meat and use a fork to remove it from the knife which remains in the left hand. Now, use the fork to eat the piece of meat and then you can continue the process in an effective manner. So, it is quite simple and easy to adopt continental etiquette in the most effective manner.
Whichever style or etiquette you choose, you need to follow basic principles such as keep your elbows close to your body at the time of eating and never speak with the full mouth. Use your streak knife gently to make the perfect cut and make sure that you get a clean and fine piece of meat that enhance your cooking style. The high-quality steak knife allows the users to cut different kinds of meat in the most effective manner.
Getting the best steak knives is, as important as, cooking the steak. Most of the top rated chefs recommend using a high quality steak knife as it does not destroy the flavor and the mood.
On the other hand, if you end up getting a worthless steak knife, then it could destroy the entire flavor and could make things difficult.
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Steak Knife Set Reviews 2020
- 1. AmazonBasics Premium 8-Piece Kitchen Steak Knife Set
- 2. J.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Prime 4-pc Steak Knife Set
- 3. DALSTRONG Steak Knives Set – Gladiator Series – German HC Steel – w/Sheaths
- 4. Chicago Cutlery #B144/1104670 4-Piece Walnut Tradition Steak Knife Set
- 5. Utopia Kitchen 8 Pieces Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set – Professional Quality For Multipurpose Use
- 6. Farberware 5171943 4-Piece Full-Tang Triple Rivet ‘Never Needs Sharpening’ Stainless Steel Steak Knife Set, Black
- 7. Wüsthof Classic Steak Knife Set, 4-Piece
- 8. Victorinox Swiss Classic 4-Piece Steak Knife Set, 4-1/2-Inch Serrated Blades with Spear Tip
- 9. Henckels International Graphite 4-pc Steak Knife Set
- 10. Culina Steak Knife Collection 8 pcs
- How To Choose The Best Steak Knife Set
- Buying guide
- Steak Knife Cleaning & Caring Instructions
- How to Use a Steak Knife Properly?