Having a quality set of kitchen knives doesn’t mean having a durable knife. Most people would like to pay a few bucks to some professionals who can sharpen their knife set. Of Course, you could pay them for what they do, but you might be paying extra for shipping, handling etc. It seems to be hectic when you send them knife set especially for the first time. Why you should not go with a manual knife sharpener which can keep your knife set fresh forever. Investing your hard-earned money in knife sharpener is much more beneficial.
A sharp knife is essential as it ensures safety and compatibility. Besides, it can save your time & effort in cutting pieces of stuff. Cutting vegetables with sharp knives can preserve the taste & flavors of the ingredients that you are making in the recipes. Meanwhile, dull knives alter its taste & flavor, which is the reason why Manual sharpening knife is most essential for cooking. Professionals take time & effort to sharpen the blade before it becomes blunt. The time has changed the way we cook stuff. It is true that people don’t visit the knife sharpener who roaming the streets and searching their customers.
The service of Knife sharpeners is no longer needed since the fastest & professional way of sharpening knives have been introduced. Without having to worry about making a nice edge, you can hold the knife at your desired angles. Although the older style sharpeners are still in usage, many new knife sharpeners have been designed to meet the requirements of new customers. You can also check our list on electric knife sharpener reviews.
Since there are whole lots of knife sharpeners are available in the market, we spend the time for analyzing the ratings, requirements to bring you the best kitchen knife sharpener from reputed brands.
Best Buy Manual Knife Sharpener Reviews 2020
Table of Contents
1. Chef’sChoice 4633 Manual Knife Sharpener
Edgecraft has designed the Angel Select M46333 in such a way that it can sharpen the blade from tip to bolster on the go.
- The product comes with the slip-resistant rubber feet that can work fast on the rough surface. An affordable choice for super sharp edges.
- It is best suited for professionals.
- It is easy to handle no matter how the knife is.
- A sleek and stylish Manual knife sharpener is best suited for the home cook.
- The product features ergonomic handles that can be used left or right-handed.
2. Chef’sChoice Pronto 463 Diamond Manual Sharpener
Chef’s Choice Pronto is considered to have the fastest manual sharpener that can be used left or right handed.
- It bears a variety of features and is available at a reasonable price.
- Whether it is first stage sharpens, the second stage sharpens or some kind of polishes, chef’s choice is the best option for the home cook.
- The product makes use of the Diamond abrasives, which can be used in the first stage and second stage as well.
- Chef’s Choice recommends not using oil or water while sharpening.
- The manufacturer has incorporated Asian style edge which can slide up to 15 degrees for precise and accurate.
3. Chef’sChoice 464 Pronto Diamond Hone Manual Knife Sharpener
Yet another product from the reputed brand, these offer an extraordinary feature that adds a touch of the profession to your kitchen.
- Chef’s choice 464 pronto Manual knife sharpener is one of the fastest Manual sharpeners. The product includes two stages, one for polishing and another for sharpening.
- The product comes with the great blend of diamond abrasive and razor-sharp edge to ensure a strong and durable knife.
- The manual sharpener can be used on serrated knives & straight edge without fail.
4. Brod & Taylor Professional Knife Sharpener
One of the easiest ways to sharpen your knife is purchasing Brod & Taylor professional Sharpener from the major online shopping sites.
- A sleek and ergonomically designed sharpener from the reputed brand comes with a wide range of features to hallmark its brand name.
- The new sharpener is the ideal way to sharpen blunt edges and keep them super sharp. It takes just a few minutes to keep your knife sets sharp and accurate.
- The product is made of high-quality stainless steel and is designed to sharpen different type of knives.
- The patent technology enables the sharpener to sharp rough edges without removing metal.
- Ease your polishing and sharpening work with this innovative product.
5. Zulay Manual Stainless Steel Knife Sharpener
Your new Zulay Knife Sharpener is the perfect tool for keeping all of that kitchen knives, chef’s, paring, hunting, pocket, electric, serrated knives, and Scissors razor sharp.
- An amazing product from Zulay is designed with great attention to keeping your knife set fresh forever.
- The product comes with the Tungsten Carbide blades which have the ability to sharpen even the dull & decade-old knives.
- Stop buying a new piece of the knife and start purchasing a world-class manual sharpener from the reputed brand.
- The sharpness is ideal for cutting fish, beef, chicken, vegetables, fruits etc.
- Having a powerful manual sharpener from the reputed brand can make your job easier at home.
6. KitchenIQ 50009 Edge Grip 2 Stage Knife Sharpener, Black
Your search for a stylish and ergonomically designed sharpener from the world-class quality end with kitchen IQ 50009 Edge grip stage Knife Sharpener which can transform your kitchen into professional results.
- The presence of edge Grip bottom allows you to handle the sharpener effectively.
- The ceramic rods are ideal from polishing to finishing and are best suited for a knife with a sharp edge.
- The carbide blades of this product are designed with great attention to sharpen the dull edges and keep them fresh forever.
- The product comes with the limited manufacturer warranty and is available at major online shopping sites.
7. Smith’s Manual Knife Sharpener
The Smith’s adjustable Knife sharpener offers great sharpening performance that many other brandscan’t afford. It is known for its various manual knife sharpeners, although this product is considered as the best one.
- The product can be used on dull metal knives from thin fillet to thicker chef’s cleavers.
- You can hold the blades at three different angles to make it sharp.
- Besides Portable Acs, Smith’s has started manufacturing knife sharpener a few years back, since then it has established as one of the top-selling manufacturers.
- The sharpener comes with the coarse slot and diamond-coated disks to ensure that the dull and damaged blades are polished perfectly.
8. Smith’s PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener
Unlike other cheap quality products, pocket multi-function sharpener comes from Smith of world-class quality. When it comes to purchasing the small, cheap and versatile product, nothing can beat Smith’s pocket Multi-function sharpener.
- An extremely affordable product measures 3.5×1 inches and comes with smart lanyard hole.
- The slot could get you straight and serrated edges.
- The multi-function sharpener doesn’t weigh much so you can handle it with ease.
- Being a pocket sharpener, it is a portable tool to handle and carry anywhere.
- With this small tool kit, you can enjoy sharpening the dull blades every single day.
9. Edge Pro Apex 4 Knife Sharpener
With the Edge Pro Apex 4 sharpener, you can have a professional way of sharpening different type of knives from Boning knife to chef’s knife.
- It has been the favorite Knife Sharpener so far, as it offers excellent features and professional results at affordable price.
- The design is quite different from most sharpeners as it bears slightly curved handle.
- You need to gently handle knife to achieve professional results.
- The affordable knife sharpener contains various water stones and polishes.
- The ergonomically designed sharpener is best choice for both home cooks and professional chef as well.
- The package contains user manual and Instruction DVD to get started in professional way.
10. Wrenwane Kitchen Knife Sharpener
If you are interested in buying a quality manual sharpener that can sharpen cooking knives without costing you much, Wrenwane knife sharpener is the best option.
- An affordable option for home cooks who want to buy manual knife sharpener for the first time.
- It features two different sharpening modes: one is designed with tungsten carbide blade to sharpen dull knife, another is made of Ceramic rods for giving a top finish.
- Apart from the compatibility and durability, it adds extra layer of security. Wrenwane is considered as the best pocket knife so far.
Manual Knife Sharpener Buying Guide – What To Look for it?
If you are someone who regularly works with a wide variety of kitchen knives, then you will definitely want to own a good quality knife sharpener. But how will you get the one that you desire within the allocated budget? The following is a comprehensive buying guide for a knife sharpener:
Manual Knife Sharpener Buying Guide:
The Surface of the Knife Sharpener: To begin with, you got to carefully study the surface or the material of the knife sharpener. It should be really tough so that it is easy for it to take on the knife. If the surface is abrasive enough, it will help you to sharpen the knife better. If you want to buy a knife sharpener that is really effective you should know the fact that actually the knife sharpeners that have diamonds as the surface are quite hard and abrasive. The ceramic ones and the ones that are made of carbide could also be good options for you.
Safety Features: Another important factor to consider while you are planning to buy a knife sharpener is the fact which most people tend to ignore; that is the safety features that go into the making of the knife. If you are using your manual sharpener and you cut your fingers in the process, the knife sharpener is no good. Hence, most of the manual knife sharpeners have a sort of a barrier which protects your fingers from getting cut. You should be really particular about this feature while making a purchase decision.
Durability: Whatever you purchase, you definitely want the product to last for a really long time so that you can realize the worth of your money. The same is true for knife sharpeners too. You want the sharpener to last for as long as possible and be effective during that time. Hence, you should always make a conscious decision of going with the knife that is made of a material that is largely durable as well as effective.
The Stages of Sharpening: Not many people are aware of this particular feature. Your manual knife sharpener should ideally have multiple stages of sharpening because the requirements are different in different circumstances. For example, for a few knives, the requirement is to just to sharpen the knife along the edges, while there are other manual knives that might require a higher amount of work.
Number of Knives: If you have multiple knives in your kitchen, make it a point to purchase a manual knife sharpener that will help you in sharpening of these many knives. You cannot have one manual sharpener for each knife.
Warranty and Guarantee: While purchasing a manual knife sharpener, you should also make it a point to check the various conditions of different guarantees and warranty offered. Ideally, you should go for that type of manual knife sharpener that will help you with the maximum period of guarantee and warranty. Besides, cash back guarantee in a knife sharpener could prove to be an attractive option as well.
Price: When you are purchasing a product, there are plenty of options available, both in terms of quality and in terms of cost of the product as well. There are varied variations of a single product that the market today has. You will have to choose the one that best suits your and your family needs-all this within the budget that you have set to yourself for the purchase of a manual knife sharpener.
Manual Knife Sharpener Cleaning and Caring Instructions:
Clean After Every Use: It is imperative to understand that if you want your knife sharpener to last for a long duration of time, you should make it a habit of cleaning the same every time you use it. For the purpose of cleaning, you should remember to use a mild cloth and brush
Storage: You should make it a point to store the manual knife sharpener in a clean place which is dry.
Avoid Rinsing with Water: Water should be avoided in the sense that do not rinse the entire manual knife sharpener in water as this may lead to complete damage of the blades.
How to Use a Manual Knife Sharpener?
Manual knife sharpeners are a wonderful tool that allows people to help in better cutting. There are some proper steps that must be followed in this case. Let us go through the steps.
- First ensure that the knife is sharpened manually. If there is a knife that has saw-like edges then that can be the best one. The only reason behind this is that they are factory sharpened. A knife that is heavily waged may not be suitable for this work. It is required to have a blade that can assist in this type of works. It is always better to sharp the knives before using it. There are many ways to sharpen the knives through electrical modes.
- The second step is to hold the double ring knife sharpener by its handle. If it is for the first time, the user can rest it on the cutting edge. It can sharpen the edges very simply and quite comfortably.
- The next and the third step are to pull the knife blade towards you through the opening of two sets of rings. Put the knife sharply so that a sound of friction can be heard. It is seen that three pulls are enough for this work. Lift the knife after every pull. Never push the knife blade back through the set of rings.
- Wipe off the residue from sharpening the blade with the help of a paper towel. Now position the blade flat on the cutting board and then wipe all the sides with the help of the towel. It is the actual way of handling a manual life.
- A good manual knife sharpener is quite capable of cutting the vegetables very easily. They can run for a long time without any issues. It is always better to use.
Sharpening the knives on regular basis can help remove more materials from it. More your use the knife set, the more you need to sharpen the blades. While many people think that electric sharpener is best, it costs your arm or leg. Manual sharpeners are easy to use and are available at reasonable price. You just have to spend time to keep it sharp & clean.
If you are frustrated with the results of electric sharpeners, just switch to manual one. There are manual knife sharpener out there starts from 9$ to 200$. Choose the best one from reputed brand and add looks & feel to your kitchen set.