An electric kettle is not all about heating milk and water; in fact, it adds a spark to your kitchen, your hostel room or even your bachelor house. Why it is the most basic kitchen appliances today? Yes, most people don’t have time to boil the water in a stove or any traditional methods; they prefer purchasing the kettle, which can save time & effort in long run. Having a reliable kettle makes your job easier at the home, so why don’t you switch to a high-quality affordable product.
There are whole lots of electric kettle brands out there in the market, Hence, choosing the best one is not that easy and you would regret buying the product if it does not even match your expectation. It is advised to choose the one that is up to the mark. There are many new electric appliances coming up in the market but not all are up for you. It might be hectic and headache especially when you are buying for the first time. Also, you might be mesmerized with attractive advertisements which claim to afford high-quality product at cheap rates.
It is believed that no high-quality products available at cheap rates and you would regret after buying such low-quality products. So what you need exactly? Yes, the guidance obviously. Before buying electric appliances, there are many things to consider such as automatic lids, product design, product specification, durability, power consumption, and all other features.
Knowing that buying an electric kettle is an inevitable part of your house, we spend quality time and come up with a cute list of top 10 best electric kettles. Notably, the list is written based on the reviews, ratings and user experience.
Hence, it is worth every penny if you choose any of the products listed below.
Best Buy Electric Kettle Reviews 2020
Table of Contents
- Best Buy Electric Kettle Reviews 2020
- 1. Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Electric Kettle – 1-Liter
- 2. Russell Hobbs Retro Style 1.7L Electric Kettle
- 3. BLACK+DECKER KE1500B 1.7L Rapid Boil Electric Cordless Kettle, Black
- 4. Secura SWK-1701DB Electric Water Kettle
- 5. Stariver Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle
- 6. Epica 6-Temperature Variable Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle
- 7. Cuisinart CPK-17AMZ Perfect Temp Cordless Programmable Kettle
- 8. ASCOT Electric Kettle
- 9. Ovente 1.7L BPA-Free Electric Kettle
- 10. Odette Premium Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle
- Electric kettle Buying Guide – How To Choose The Best One?
- Electric Kettle Clean and Caring Instructions
- Uses and Advantages of Electric Kettles
- Stainless Steel Electric Kettle vs. Glass: Which to Buy?
1. Amazon Basics Stainless Steel Electric Kettle – 1-Liter
Being a reputed brand, Amazon analyzes the customer requirements and designed the products in such a way that it can meet the customer demand and satisfy their requirements.
- The manufacturer has incorporated the great blend of quality and reliability into the product, which comes with a variety of features like BPA free water solution, simple to clean interior, Auto shut off mode and much more.
- The cordless features make the kettle convenient and are ideal for any kitchen. With the Amazon Basics stainless Electric kettle, you can resume your daily routine with hot tea, coffee, cocoa, instant soup and much more.
- The product is made of high-quality stainless steel, which can provide the extra layers of production and make it quickly boil up to one liter of milk or water.
- Turn the kettle, sit back and relax. Once the water has boiled, it will turn off automatically.
=> See Also: 10 Best Whistling Tea Kettle
2. Russell Hobbs Retro Style 1.7L Electric Kettle
As the name suggests that the product is manufactured by the top selling electric appliances.
- Features like cool touch handle, pull off the lid, drip-free spout, auto shut off mode makes it the topmost brand till date. To simplify the process of heating liquid, water temperature gauge has set up.
- The product comes with the removable anti-scale filter which can prevent the formation of mineral build up on the rear of the kettle.
- Having milk heated at the perfect temperature would be easy. It is the best affordable choice and is available at all the major online shopping sites. It costs $79, far better than other products.
3. BLACK+DECKER KE1500B 1.7L Rapid Boil Electric Cordless Kettle, Black
The top selling manufacturers BLACK tied up with DECKER to deliver high-quality electric appliances which are being used by people all across the world.
- The product features a locking lid, power indicator light, 360 degrees, cord wrap and much more.
- The product bears an attractive design and outstanding features. Although a new brand, the product can be seen in many online shopping sites.
- The kettle comes with spacious, fast and safety lid that makes it easy to handle the things.
- This amazing product could get you hot cocoa, tea, instant meals, coffee, oatmeal and much more. It comes with 2-year warranty.
4. Secura SWK-1701DB Electric Water Kettle
Your search for the best kettle with stylish design end with SecuraKettle.
- The whole set of this product is made of high-quality stainless steel and is designed to distribute the heat throughout the surface.
- The set includes Stainless Steel pot, Steel Lid, Stainless Steel Rim and Stainless steel Rim. As the name suggests that the manufacturer designed the product that bears stable safety measures.
- It is a long-lasting electric kettle with standard water capacity.
- Knowing that plastic is bad for health; Secura has incorporated BPA free Cool touch interior.
5. Stariver Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle
Stariver introduced a latest electric kettle, which comes with far better quality and features single touch id locking, automatic cut-off, attractive handles, which makes it the must-have accessory in every home.
- The electric kettle has a cordless mode mechanism and the capacity is 1.2 liters. It consumes the power of 1000 W. once the water has boiled, it alerts you with on/off switch.
- There are many kettles out there, in which you cannot make sure that the water it hot enough without touching the kettle.
- Fortunately, the product is designed with safety measures like power light, which will alert you that the water is hot enough to drink.
- The cordless 360-degree pirouette base makes it easy to lift, place and handle the kettle without hassle.
6. Epica 6-Temperature Variable Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle
Our search for the best electric kettle ends with Epica products, which is the top selling manufacturer that provides a product of high quality
- The Epica kettle is designed in such a way that it can reduce heating or fast operation through high wattage..
- The brand provides multiple safety systems like steam sensor, overheating protection sensor, dry boiling, warm mode etc.
- There is a water level indication, with which you can fill the water up to the desired level.
7. Cuisinart CPK-17AMZ Perfect Temp Cordless Programmable Kettle
Cuisinart is a reliable new brand that offers high-quality electric appliances at an affordable place, which is the reason why it has a space in our list of top 10 best electric kettles
- Unlike other electric kettles, Cuisinart CPK kettle is designed with cordless programmable modes, which provide One-touch controls with blue LED indicators.
- The cordless mode enables the kettle to boil the water at a perfect temperature in just 30 minutes. It features French Press Preset for those who enjoy coffee.
8. ASCOT Electric Kettle
Ease your daily routines with hot tea, coffee, instant noodles and much more. It worth your hard earned money and is the best ever kettle in the Market.
- The product bears a lockable lid that ensures reliability and safety. Of the most important safety measure for the electric kettle is power indicator light, which the brand can afford.
- The light indicator will turn off the kettle once the water has boiled. It will also notify the user to prevent it from severe damage
9. Ovente 1.7L BPA-Free Electric Kettle
Ovente is an affordable choice for those who want to save cash in the short run.
- The Ovente kettles come with an electric plastic handler that doesn’t consume much power. It’s more than a basic electric kettle that’s available at a reasonable price.
- The product bears a water level gauge, removable spout filter, safety lid and even more.
- It comes with the manufacturer warranty of 1 year.
10. Odette Premium Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle
The best part of the Odette product is that it comes with a cordless kettle, which you can take it anywhere and everywhere.
- The stainless steel adds looks and charm to the product, thus making it the most stylish kettle with smooth finishes.
- Enjoy Chemical-free water with premium 304 food grade Stainless steel.
- It is said to be worth every penny since it comes with all properties of energy savings, boiling, safety measures, and similar endeavors.
- The manufacturer has designed the product in such a way that it can exceed 12,000 cycles of normal operation, therefore you can use it once every day for more than 30 years.
Electric kettle Buying Guide – How To Choose The Best One?
Electric Kettle has become more of a household name now. Specifically defined as an appliance that helps boil water with the help of electricity, the electric kettle has found use in many ways.
Advantages of owning an Electric Kettle –
➢ Ease of Use- Electric kettle can be plugged in anywhere with a power source and can be used on the go. This prevents the hassle of continuously using the kitchen, every time that you need to make tea.
➢ Variety of dishes – It is not just about making tea/coffee; you can boil eggs, make pasta or Maggi and even make oatmeal in your electric kettle. Perfect for people who do not have a kitchen setup and can make do with small meals with ease.
➢ Energy Conservation – Electric kettle makes the minimal use of energy and comes with an auto stop every time the water is done boiling. This not only helps in preventing the flat taste of over boiled water but also conserves energy by limiting use. Also while cooking on a stove, the pan gets heated first, and then the heat is transferred to the contents, however in an Electric Kettle; due to the base, heat is conducted more effectively thereby saving time.
➢ Aesthetic Value – Electric kettles now come in a variety of colors and shapes to choose from. They are portable and also improve the look of your overall countertop.
Guide to find the right Electric Kettle for you –
➢ Size – Since an Electric kettle is something that you will be using on a very regular basis, you should choose an extent depending on the no of people that you are going to serve. If you are going to use the kettle for a single or two cups of tea, a small size kettle shall work for you. However, if you have more people at your place, a large size kettle would be ideal.
➢ Noise – Almost all Kettles make noise once it is done. Depending on the brand, the sound varies. You should research the level of noise that a brand of kettle makes before purchasing one.
➢ Auto-shutoff Feature – This is a must-have for every kettle to shut off automatically once the water is boiled or likewise. Many brands these days promise on the same but fail to deliver. You should make sure that the brand you are choosing, necessarily has this feature.
➢ Cord or Cordless – Some kettles come with a detachable cable that needs to plug in, and some kettles come automatically with a switch. Depending on your preferred mode of use, you can select a brand that serves the purpose.
➢ Cost – There are a few brands that provide the essential features within an affordable price. The price of kettles increases as per the no of advanced features being provided like temperature control. You can select the features that work best for you and go for reasonable pricing accordingly.
➢ Heat -Some Kettles get heated up very fast while some have a manageable amount of heat being produced upon use. This usually depends on the material of the kettle and the handle being used. It is ideal to prefer a brand that does not get overheated within a short period to be able to use conveniently.
Working of an Electric Kettle – The base of an electric kettle contains a thick wire called heating element. This resists the flow of electricity once the kettle is plugged in which generates heat and this heat is transferred to the cold water that the base is in contact with thereby heating the water by a simple principle of ‘Conservation of Energy.’
The auto-shutoff feature works with the help of a thermostat which is a combination of two metals; one of which has more expansion than the other. Upon reaching the boiling point, the thermostat snaps in the opposite direction thereby cutting off the electric supply and switching off the kettle.
Electric Kettle Clean and Caring Instructions
➢ Make sure that the kettle has cooled off before cleaning it.
➢ The kettle interior can be washed with the help of soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
➢ The exterior should be cleaned only with a damp cloth.
Uses and Advantages of Electric Kettles
An electric kettle has become the perfect staple in modern kitchens these days. More and more households are using electric tea kettles to boil water quickly and efficiently. These kettles are also known to deliver quick results.
The reason is these kettles have a heating element which can boil water quickly and you don’t have to place it on the stove top. You just have to plug in the kettle in an outlet and put it on a counter and wait for the water to boil. It is always wise to choose an appliance with cool and handy features. You need to consider the metallic colors and choose from the options which match with your kitchen decor.
The flagship electrical kettles are designed with automatic switch. You can easily and quickly boil the water quickly and they come with added security so you can turn it off quickly and automatically. The fact is that it can turn off automatically once the water reaches its boiling point. So, it never boils dry and avoids damage in case you forget to turn it off.
Electrical kettle is very handy and convenient and is designed well to be used for heating water. It is capable to heat more water within 2 to 4 minutes and it is known as the perfect appliance when you use it in home if you have large family. In addition, this kettle can also save energy when heating water. You don’t have to worry about losing fuel with escaping heat off the vessel when you use stovetop.
You can safely use the electrical kettle in a hotel room or dormitory. It also comes handy for students in a hostel who prefer to make tea quickly and catch up with their studies early morning. It is also flexible and portable and you can easily keep them in the cardboard.
Electrical kettle is also used to keep water warm and retain its vibrancy. However, many people don’t know that water loses flavor when it is kept for a longer period. The water tastes dull and tea made with it cannot live up to the full taste you want from it. So, it is better to set the kettle to stop automatically to avoid this issue. It comes with additional insulation so it can prevent over boiling of water.
All in all, you should buy electric kettle as it is one of the most vital and handy appliances in your kitchen to make coffee or tea. It really gives a rewarding experience for tea lovers who love green, black or white tea. The kettle has been designed to avoid wrong brewing which causes unwanted bitterness and harshness in your beverages. It has been designed well to let your tea to boil to the right temperature to meet your needs. You can easily adjust and set the inner thermometer of the kettle and choose right temperature for natural flavor and aroma. It is very easy to prepare tea at home with this kettle.
Stainless Steel Electric Kettle vs. Glass: Which to Buy?
Glass Electric Kettle:
If you are looking for stylish kettles available in the market, then you can buy the glass electric kettle. It looks stylish due to the transparent and elegant design of its body. Glass kettles are much safer to use, as they are made from tempered glass that doesn’t break easily. Thus, they are 100% safe to use in your home or restaurants. They are not entirely from glass material, but also use plastic or stainless steel at the base and handle. It is better to go with this glass kettle rather than a plastic or stainless steel kettle.
- It looks more elegant and stylish suitable for your modern kitchen.
- Glass kettles are much easier to clean and use as well.
- It is easy to identify the water level inside the kettle by seeing through the transparent glass material. Also, you can check whether the tea has reached the right color and fragrance.
- For your perfect hygiene, glass kettles are the best.
- It is easy to clean any kind of residue, as the glass is not much sticky.
- Glass kettles are heavy and it is not easy to carry around.
- To maintain the glass kettles in a pristine condition, one has to do vigorous cleaning.
- It is much more expensive when compared to plastic or stainless steel kettles.
Stainless Steel Electric Kettle:
One of the most popular kettles among people is the Stainless Steel kettle. It is much more durable and also available in various designs and styles. The latest inventions are featured with a scale filter that prevents the limescale build up in the kettle. Buyers will not any bad taste in the water boiled in the Stainless Steel kettle. It is a much safer option for your health. Though they are durable, they are still inexpensive.
- The first advantage of buying this kettle is its durability. This is due to the metallic construction of the kettle that makes it highly durable. Though made with much durable material, it is still inexpensive. One can buy the kettle at a reasonable price.
- The Stainless Steel kettle has a lot of additional features when compared to the glass kettle. For instance, you can find the cordless and portable kettle model.
- Some models of Stainless Steel kettles have double-walled construction that ensures the exterior surface to stay cool even after boiling water inside.
- These kettles are available in various sizes that allow you to choose the right model of a kettle.
- The weight of the stainless steel kettle is between the weight of glass and plastic kettle, so it is also a heavy kettle.
- It is difficult to clean the kettle that doesn’t have a cleanable scale filter inside it.
- It is prone to get rust after using a longer time, so you need to purchase the new kettle after some time.
There are pros and cons for both the stainless and glass kettle and thus you can opt for the right one based on your needs.
This was the list of top 10 best electric kettles. With all these things being told, you have to make sure that you purchase the electric kettle from a renowned brand.
Hope you have enjoyed the article and its time to drop my pen.
Editor's Note: Article Was Last Updated on