Cold press juicers, or slow juicers became famous last year for various health benefits, and there were literally too many reasons behind the enormous popularity of these juicers. Masticating juicers work by crushing the vegetables or fruit, and then pressing the pulp through a filter to extract the juice. The slow juicers are, as the name suggests, relatively slower than their traditional counterparts, but the reason why more and more people are getting attracted towards the slow juicers is that they provide healthier juice than the regular juicers in the market.
Top Selling Cold Press Juicers
|1. Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor ||2. Juicer Machines, Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor||3. KOIOS Juicer, High Juice Yield and Germany EMGEL Motor|
|Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
Technically, the fast juicers that are used in most kitchens, moves in a quick way and does not extract the juice of the fruit, or leafy veggies completely. On the other hand, the slow juicers have a slower revolving rate that makes full use of the pulp. The juices extracted keep most of the nutrients compared to the regular juicers as the cold press juicer does not heat up that much. So, if you are looking for a healthier option to make juices and smoothies, it is advised that you choose the juicers with lower RPM so that you can fully utilize the pulp.
The slow juicers (juicers with lower RPM) are more reliable and healthier option to make the juices for your loved ones. So, instead of choosing the juicers with higher RPMs, choose the juicers with lower RPM. Another thing that you should look for while buying a slow juicer is the listed features, safety mechanisms, warranty, and after-sales services. These things will help you buy a great slow juicer for your home that not only will provide you with the best value for money, but will also help you move a step closer to the healthy lifestyle. Also see the list for the best citrus juicer for this year.
Best Cold Press (Slow) Juicer Reviews 2020
Ten slow juicers that fit perfectly on all aspects of being an ideal product for the home are listed as follows
1. Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
Although the juicer comes under the category of slow juicers, but it is not too slow to be boring that makes it a great buy for the homemakers. The juicer is fast enough to make a 8oz. cup of juice in just 5 seconds. So, you won’t have to wait for too long to get your cup of juice. You can adjust the speed of the juice extraction from Fast and Slow. Also, the extra wide chute of the juicer helps it to handle larger fruits and larger bunches of veggies better than the other slow juicers available in the market.
- 3-inch wide chute for better handling of the fruits and veggies
- It has a 1-liter jug and a froth separator. Now you can easily enjoy the froth-free clear juice without much
- Comes with a cleaning brush and Nylon bristle brush. You won’t have to buy separate cleaning brushes to clean the juicer.
- Dishwasher safe
2. Tribest Slowstar Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer SW-2000
In case you were looking for a slow juicer that not only works efficiently but also looks great in your kitchen, then you should look no further than the SW-2000. Apart from the great looks, and efficient working, the SW 2000 has numerous features that make it an ideal slow juicer for home.
- The speed of 47 rpm makes it one of the most reliable and slowest juicers available in the market.
- Unlike the other juicers, this juicer has a mincing attachment that enhances the usability of the juicer and helps the user to use it as a mincer too.
- 100% BPA-free Housing & Casing makes it a safe tool to be used at home.
3. Aicok Juicer, Whole Slow Masticating Juicer
In case you live in a bigger family, then you should look for a juicer that has a wide mouth and has a great set of features to make it a perfect buy. Aicok Juicer is a great product that you can rely upon. This juicer has a 75 mm wide mouth that makes it a perfect juicer for a larger family.Additionally, the speed of 60 rpm makes it a great option for those buyers who are looking to buy a reliable slow juicer for their home.
- Extremely low noise that makes it suitable for home usage
- 60 rpm make it great slow juicer to get maximum juice out from the veggies and fruits
- Automatically Separates Juice From Pulp
4. Aicok Juicer Masticating Slow Juicer, Commercial Juicer Quiet Motor & Reverse Function
Those buyers who are looking forward to buy a multi-purpose cold press juicer for their home that can extract juices of numerous fruits and veggies in a jiffy, the Aicok Slow Juicer with reverse function can be a great buy.
- Works with most hard to handle veggies and fruits due to unique design
- This is one the quietest slow juicers available in the market.
- Brilliant customer care service and 3-year warranty make it a reliable product to have at home.
5. KOIOS Juicer, High Juice Yield and Germany EMGEL Motor
The best thing about the KOIOS slow juicer is the durability of the product. You can choose this juicer if you are looking forward to buy a slow juicer that can easily serve you for many years. The product comes with an industry-best 10-year warranty (on motor) and this makes it a perfect home equipment.
- Free recipe book to know about recipes that you can make using this slow juicer
- Most parts of the juicer can be washed in the dishwasher
- Quiet motor that you rely upon.
- 80 RPM makes it a great and efficient juicer for health enthusiasts
6. Aicok Juice Quiet Motor & Reverse Function
Upgraded juice extraction system makes this slow juicer extremely efficient and quiet. The juicer is durable enough to be used and the company provides a 2 year warranty that makes it a great product for home. The motor produces a noise of 60db. So if you were looking for a juicer that is quiet, easy to use and has enough features to be used for years without an upgrade, then go with Aicok Juicer, you won’t be disappointed.
- 80PRM Slow juicing
- Made up of PMMA material that makes it safe even for the babies.
- Juice & Pulp Separation Function
7. Kuvings BPA-Free C7000S Whole Slow Juicer Elite
The C7000S is one of the very few vertical slow juicers that have a wide 3-inch opening to make it easier to accommodate a large bunch of veggies and large fruits as a whole. The low-speed juice extraction technology gently squeezes ingredients and helps it extract the maximum juice.
- Extremely portable
- Easy to use
- Comes with cleaning tools that make it easier to maintain
- The powerful 240w motor makes it possible to deal with hard-shelled fruits and a large amount of veggies easily.
8. TOBOX Cold Press Juicer with Quiet Motor and Reverse Function
This advanced slow juice from To box is a perfect choice for those who are willing to buy a product that won’t be outdated soon. The juicer has a double feeder chute that can easily accommodate a whole fruit of 3 inches. So, you won’t have to make unnecessary pieces of the fruits to get the maximum juice from them.
- High brand value to rely on
- Overheat protection that ensures the safety of the device and the user
- Easy to use and clean
9. Argus Le Masticating Juicer
This is another brilliant slow juicer for those who love elegance and style but do not want to compromise with the quality due to them. Some of the exciting things about this Slow juicer from Argus Le are
- Efficient motor
- Silent processing
- Easy operation
- Easy clean
- Cleaning brush included
So, these were the ten slow juicers that you can buy today. All of them are great products in their category and if you can’t decide which slow juicer you should go with, then this list will be quite beneficial for you.
10. Aicok 3″ Wide Mouth Whole Masticating Juicer with Juice Jug and Brush
This is one of the best masticating juicers on the market. This slow juicer for Aicok is designed to extract maximum juice and that wide inlet enhances the usability of the juicer and lets the user to extract the juice of a variety of fruits and vegetables. This slow juicer rotates at the speed of 60 rpm which is adequate enough to extract 30% more juice and 40% more vitamins and minerals than famous fast juicers available in the market.
- Safety locking arm for added safety
- 3-year warranty that makes it a durable product for home
- 150W heavy duty powerful DC motor generates enough power to keep the juicer running for 10 minutes continuously.
How Does a Cold Press Juicer Work?
Cold press juicers spin and press the juice out gradually
In the beginning, you need to keep in mind that the cold press juicer works works differently than the traditional juicer. According to the professionals, the cold press juicer spins and presses the juice out gradually or slowly. This is the first thing that you need to know about the working scenario of a cold press juicer.
Gently pressing the fruits and vegetables
When you are using a cold press juicer, you have to press the fruits and vegetables gently. This is yet another work theory of a cold press juicer that you have purchased from the market.
Press fruits and vegetables into a pulp to extract juice
Without any doubt, you will be pressing the fruits and vegetables into a pulp for extracting the juice. With the help of this particular concept, you can understand that using a cold press juicer is all about pressing the fruits and vegetables. As quickly as you press the fruits and vegetables into a pulp, you get a better idea to extract juice through the machine.
Augers squeeze and crush with small to no heat increase
In cold-pressed juicers, you have to consider the augers that squeeze and crush with small to know heat increase. They are the most important part of a cold press juicer, which determine in the overall function of this particular kitchen appliance.
No friction heat created
During the working of a cold press juicer, there are no friction and thus no heat will be created. This is yet another important thing that you need to know about the working of a cold press juicer as this keeps all nutrients intact.
Slow pressing minimizes the amount of oxygen lost
In the conclusion part, you need to know that slow pressing can minimize the amount of oxygen lost while extracting juice through a cold press juicer.
How To Choose The Right Cold Press (Slow) Juicer
Fruit and vegetable juices are replete with nutritional benefits. There are many kinds of juicers available in the market. The two main types of juicers are centrifugal and cold press juicer. Cold press or slow juicer use a dual-step extraction process to extract juice from fruits and vegetables. They are also known as masticating juicers. If you are looking for a good cold press juicer, consider the following factors before purchasing.
Types of Cold Press Juicers
- Vertical Masticating Juicer – Vertical Masticating Juicer is suitable for kitchens of all sizes by virtue of its compact design. Vertical juicer is suitable for juicing soft fruits and berries. It also performs well with fibrous green vegetables. This type of juicer is also equipped with a self-cleaning system which makes it easy to clean.
- Horizontal Masticating Juicer – Horizontal Masticating Juicer is highly suitable for juicing green leafy vegetables although its performance is good with fruits and other ingredients too. People more into vegetable juices can go for this type of cold press juicer.
Design of the juicer – Cold press juicers come in a plethora of design, shapes and sizes. Compact juicers are suitable for small kitchens. They also have fewer parts to clean and can be stored easily.
Good pulp ejection – The cold press juicer should have an external or internal pulp collection container. It is better if the juicer has an external pulp ejection system. This is because an external system prevents the need to frequently stop the machine, opening it and emptying the pulp container. You can continue to extract juice without stopping.
Pulp Yield – The cold press juicer should provide a good amount of pulp yield in the juice. The presence of a good amount of pulp in the juice not only improves its taste but also increases the nutritional value.
Motor Speed – The motor power of the cold press juicer should be according to the amount of juice you require in a day and the type of juice you want to extract. For juicing leafy vegetables, the motor power should be minimum 400 watts. Cold press juicers operate on low RPMs which enable them to extract juice slowly and thoroughly so as to retain more nutrients and fibers in the juice. Thus, the juice produced by a cold press juicer is healthier and more tasty.
Size of the feeder tube – A cold press juicer with a wide feeder tube reduces the time spent on cutting fruits and vegetables in order to accommodate them in the tube. The width of the feeder tube should be sufficient to fit in large sized fruits and vegetables such as carrots, oranges, apples, guava, beet root, etc.
Versatile nature – The cold press juicer should be able to extract juices from all kinds of fruits and vegetables. There are cold press juicers which cannot extract juice from leafy vegetables but work only with soft fruits. Such juicers must be avoided until and unless you don’t like vegetable juice.
Availability of spare parts – The spare parts of the cold press juicer must be easily available in the market if it breaks down due to any reason.
Brands – You should look for the top brands when buying a cold press juicer. The reputed juicer brands provide high quality cold press juicers in addition to good warranty and instant customer support and after-sales service.
Cold Press Juicer Clean and care instructions
Cleaning the cold press juicer properly is very important to prevent bacterial growth and discolorations.
- Scrubbing pad with sponge on one side and abrasive scrubbing surface on the other side.
- Tough nylon brush or a toothbrush with hard bristles.
- Pipe cleaning brush.
- Large plastic spoon.
Steps of cleaning
- Put the dissembled parts of the juicer in warm water.
- Use the nylon brush or toothbrush to remove fruit or vegetable particles from the filter basket.
- Use pipe cleaning brush to clean difficult to reach areas.
- Use the scrubbing pad to clean all the parts. Areas with tough dirt build-ups or gunk should be allowed to soften in warm water before scrubbing.
- Use the plastic spoon to remove pulp residue.
- Allow the parts to dry.
Difference between Cold Press Juicer and Centrifugal Juicer
When it comes to juicing, it is not all about bottled, store bought juices which are made of artificial colors and sugar. It’s also about nourishing, refreshing and fresh homemade juices that you can make in your kitchen. However, you may also find organic, cold pressed varieties in some organic health stores or juice bars, but they are the way too expensive.
If you are just venturing into juicing, you might not know where to start if you plan to buy a juicer. As a matter of fact, it goes without saying that best juicer is the one which can easily fit in the cupboard in your kitchen. There are different varieties out there and they all have their pros and cons. If you are searching for first juicer or you are looking for upgrade, this guide will help you to save your money and bring a juicer, your new juicing bestie.
This way, we have come up to view some of the best juicers out there and help you choose the one which matches your budget and needs. Unless you become rich enough to afford the premium hydraulic press juicer which costs thousands of dollars, here are two common options out there –
Centrifugal juicers are the ones which go well with both hard and soft veggies and fruits but they don’t go well with leafy greens like spinach, kale or wheatgrass. This type of juicer consists of blades to break the food apart. However, it causes loss of vital nutrients as they create heat. This type of juicer usually wastes more pulp as compared to cold press one. If you want to juice non-leafy veggies and fruit all the time, you may go with this type of juicer to serve up a healthy juice.
You can go for a centrifugal juicer if –
- You are going to make juice for baking, cooking or where heat is needed,
- You just want to get more veggies and fruits in your diet,
- You just juice all the time,
- You are not able to afford cold pressed juicer yet.
Cold Pressed Juicers
A cold press or slow juicer has rotating instrument like corkscrew that can squeeze out the juice from the vegetable or fruit. With fast spinning blades, juicers can create heat and friction to control the nutritional value of juice. You can avoid this process of high speed by using cold press juicer as the motor is very powerful. But it still operates at slow pace and ensures keeping as much nutritional value as possible.
You can go with a cold press juicer if –
- You want to get the most of vital nutrients of your fruits and vegetables and detox is your main routine,
- You love to make nut milks
- You used to juice on regular basis and looking for machine which can stand up to hardest of leafy greens.
- You juice plenty of leafy, green veggies and don’t want to waste pulp.
Juices are considered the best way to live a healthy life. However, instead of using the juicers with higher RPM use the juicers with lower RPM which will help you to get more nutrition that would have been lost with the pulp on fast juices.
Just make sure that you make the decision carefully after reviewing all the features and motor capacity to make it a pleasant buy. All these juicers have the brilliant build quality and are covered under a good warranty, so you won’t need to worry about the service warranty from the manufacturer.
So, choose any of the slow juices from the above list and start living a healthier life.
Table of Contents
- Top Selling Cold Press Juicers
- Best Cold Press (Slow) Juicer Reviews 2020
- 1. Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
- 2. Tribest Slowstar Vertical Slow Juicer and Mincer SW-2000
- 3. Aicok Juicer, Whole Slow Masticating Juicer
- 4. Aicok Juicer Masticating Slow Juicer, Commercial Juicer Quiet Motor & Reverse Function
- 5. KOIOS Juicer, High Juice Yield and Germany EMGEL Motor
- 6. Aicok Juice Quiet Motor & Reverse Function
- 7. Kuvings BPA-Free C7000S Whole Slow Juicer Elite
- 8. TOBOX Cold Press Juicer with Quiet Motor and Reverse Function
- 9. Argus Le Masticating Juicer
- 10. Aicok 3″ Wide Mouth Whole Masticating Juicer with Juice Jug and Brush
- How Does a Cold Press Juicer Work?
- How To Choose The Right Cold Press (Slow) Juicer
- Cold Press Juicer Clean and care instructions
- Difference between Cold Press Juicer and Centrifugal Juicer