Are you making homemade cheddar cheese, Italian cheese, feta cheese, Swiss cheese or blue cheese at home? Choosing the best kitchen tools is the key, whether you are a homemaker or a professional chef.
Don’t get confused by the name, cheese graters are not all about grating cheese only. In fact, these machines can grate carrots, butter, chocolate and garlic. You can also use it to prepare veggies, make bread crumbs, and shred hard food items like nuts. You just can’t even make a perfect pizza without loads of grated cheese on it. Having a cheese grater can easily make your job easier in your professional kitchen or home.
There are whole lots of cheese grater brands out there in the market. In this article, we have handpicked some of the best cheese graters you can use at home. Also see our list for the Best Cheese Slicer 2019.
Best Cheese Grater Reviews For 2019
1. Spring Chef Box Grater
Designed by considering your needs, Spring Chef Box Cutter is a large 10” grater made of stainless steel on four sides to grate your vegetables, parmesan cheese and ginger. It features curved, spacious handle and a lot of room to keep your grip when grating toppings, meals and garnishes.
It features sleek and stylish convex design so you can hold it well and grate most of the food in one round. It comes with four different grates – course shred (for different cheese and veggies), medium shred (for vegetables like zucchini and carrots), slice (for slicing potatoes, cucumbers etc), and fine shred (for making pulp to add citrus and intense flavor to food).
- Rust-proof stainless steel
- Four different grates serve different purposes
- Lifetime warranty
2. ZYLISS Classic Rotary Cheese Grater
ZYLISS Classic Rotary cheese grater has been designed to grate multiple cheeses in less time and it is also very comfortable and easy to use. This NSF Restaurant certified cheese grater is used table-side in both households and restaurants. It features fine drum to grate chocolate, hard cheese and nuts. It is also easy to remove grating drum for cleanup. It has a fine drum to grate hard cheese varieties like parmesan, nuts and chocolate. It is easy to cleanup with removable handle and drum.
- Rotary cheese grater is NSF Restaurant certified to comply with strict standards for public health
- Easy to cleanup with removable handle and drum
- Fine drum to grate chocolate, nuts and hard cheeses
- 5 year guarantee
- Easy to use by left or right hand
- Dishwasher safe
3. Cuisinart CTG-00-BG Boxed Grater
Made of stainless steel, the Cuisinart Boxed Grater is the best gift for a professional chef or homemaker as it comes handy for coarse shredding, fine shredding, slicing blades and fine grating. Box grater has nonslip base and soft-grip handle to grate cheese with ease. This stainless boxed grater is dishwasher safe to grate, slice or shred foods with its non-skid base. You can easily prepare your food with soft grips.
All in all, Cuisinart CTC-00-BG is the grater you have always desired. It is made of best quality stainless steel and has rubber base and comfortable non-slip handle. It looks like a traditional boxed cheese grater but it grates different veggies and cheeses with various slots. It works well and has sharp slots.
- Made of non-slip and rust-proof stainless steel
- Four sides to grate, slice and shred food items
- Non-slip handle
4. KitchenBasix Cheese Shredder and Grater
KitchenBasix is the best, quick and easy solution for fast and simple grating of hard cheeses, vegetables, zucchini, carrots, chocolate and various food items. It is made of heavy duty stainless steel with sturdy and sharp blades. It has reinforced frame to make it long-lasting and it won’t bend while using it.
It is a premium quality tool designed well for ease to hold and use with ergonomic grip and design. It has soft, thick, rubber handle which fits well in your hand. It gives superior grip so you can easily grate large amount of food with ease. It also has rust-proof commercial grade stainless steel and it is also dishwasher safe.
- Best solution for grating hard cheese, vegetables, carrots, chocolate and zucchini
- Sturdy, reinforced and long-lasting stainless steel blades
- Easy to hold and use
- Commercial grade, rust proof and dishwasher safe stainless steel
5. Spring Chef Professional Box Grater
Slice and shred parmesan cheese, ginger, and vegetables in your kitchen effortlessly with Spring Chef Professional Box Grater with four stainless-steel sides. Make exciting dinner with your creativity by grating and slicing. Make fresh zest to your meals. It is very effective and durable. Added plus is that it has lifetime warranty and is dishwasher safe.
The extra wide size of this shredder makes food preparation fast and easy. It is really a great product with contoured shape that is wide enough to grate soft foods and cheese. It is also easy to hold.
- Very versatile with 4-sided design
- Simple kitchen tool to shred variety of foods
- Comes with four different grates
6. SLC Swift Rotary Drum Grater and Cheese and Vegetable Slicer, Cutter and Grinder
SLC is a leading brand which offers different types of kitchen tools to make lives easier, more interesting and healthy. SLC Rotary Drum Grater a great gift for your parents, friends and loved ones during Christmas, birthdays, Thanksgiving or other events. It is the best kitchen tool having 3 interchangeable and food grade stainless steel rotary cylinder drums that are super sharp to prepare large amount of ingredients within minutes and in different styles without hurting your hand.
This vegetable slicer is operated on flat countertop by hand with effective suction base. You can turn food into ingredients effortlessly and quickly. It is also easy to cleanup with removable parts.
- Three ultra-sharp rotary cylinders made of quality stainless steel
- Best for cheese, potatoes, vegetables, hash browns, and nuts
- Great gift for your loved ones
7. LOVKITCHEN Rotary Cheese Grater
LOVKITCHEN Rotary Cheese Grater is very sturdy cheese grater made of 430-grade stainless steel. It is also easy to use. Simply lift the main head, put the food in chamber and turn handle to zest, grate or shave food within seconds. It is also smooth and effortless to grate food with rotary system. You can use it with both left and right hands.
It is made of top quality and heavy-duty stainless steel. It is also easy to clean in dishwasher without having the fear of damage. After rotating cheese, it is advised to wash it in hot water to melt its remains from the rotator and wash it with sponge.
- Multipurpose grater with three different drums
- Easy to use
- Made of food grade high quality stainless steel
- Compact design
- Easy to clean up
8. Utopia Kitchen Vegetable Slicer and Cheese Grater
Utopia Kitchen cheese grater and vegetable slicer is made of professional grade and top-rated stainless steel to help you in shredding different edibles like mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, camembert, feta and other cheese varieties. You can easily make delicious salads, pizza, and pasta with grated cheese. It is also best to shred cabbage, carrot, cucumber, orange or lemon peel, Welsh rarebit and other vegetables.
- Handheld box cheese grater made of food grade 430 S.S. steel
- Single handle design fits well in one hand and provides smooth shredding
- Great for cheeses and vegetables
- Provides different shred thickness with hexagonal-sided design
- Easy to clean up with dish soap and water or dishwasher
9. Deiss PRO Citrus Lemon Zester & Cheese Grater
When it comes to cooking recipes which need zest, the most tiresome thing is peeling off the white pith carefully in the peel. Pith can spoil your recipe as it is too bitter. Unlike traditional julienne peeler or mandoline, Deiss PRO Citrus Lemon Zester cum Cheese Grater adds zest to your food in 30 seconds without even touching the pith.
You will easily have the ideal small zest curls. You can also grate hard cheeses effortlessly, especially if you are up to finer shredding than a lot of box graters with container can. It produces ribbon-like, tiny curls.
- Non-slip easy grip handle
- Food grade, rust-proof stainless steel
- Safe, durable razor sharp edges
- Dishwasher safe and easy to clean
10. KitchenAid KN300OSPMA Gourmet Stainless Steel Box Grater
Whip up your favorite savory or sweet recipes with KitchenAid products. This Gourmet Stainless Steel Box Grater enables, mess-free, smooth grating of cheeses and food. It has top stainless steel handle for easy grip and rust-proof high quality stainless steel grating and slicing blade.
- Rust resistant, high quality stainless steel grating area and slicing blade
- 3-cup container fits well in the box
- Mess-free, easy grating of vegetables and cheeses
Cheese grater Buying Guide, Clean & Caring Instructions
Who doesn’t like a burger/bread toast with extra cheese? I love it; a cheese grater is a kitchen accessory that is often overlooked these days. Here in this article, I would help you with the factors and features that could help you purchase the best cheese grater today. Here is the buying guide
a) Before you purchase the cheese grater, you should know that cheese graters are of different types. Box grater, micro-plane grater, handheld grater, and rotary cheese grater.
- A box grater is best recommended for soft and hard cheese, it comes with 4 grating plates on all the 4 sides that allow the user to grate at a different level of coarseness.
- A micro-plane grater is compact and sleek making it space-efficient and delivers super-fine textured cheese.
- A handheld grater is the simplest grater that you could get from the market today. As the name suggests, the handheld grater has a handle and a shredding plate, the user just has to hold the shredder and rub the cheese to shred it.
- A rotary cheese grater is the most efficient cheese grater on the market; it comes with a hopper into which the cheese is loaded, a drum, and a rotatable handle. All you have to do is simply rotate the handle and the cheese loaded will be shredded easily.
Now based on the info given above, select the suitable type of grater accordingly. However, you should also know that there are also electric cheese graters that could function without much manual input or force.
b) Cheese graters on the market could be made of any material; however, most of the graters could be made of plastic, fiber, or stainless steel. But, we would recommend that you consider purchasing a stainless steel made cheese grater rather than any other material.
c) As mentioned above you should consider purchasing a cheese grater made of stainless steel, at the same time, you should consider purchasing a cheese grater that comes incorporated with stainless steel blades or shredding plates. Never compromise of this as an efficient blade is the heart of a cheese grater.
d) A cheese grater commonly comes in minimum size so as to make it easy to store. However, small size cheese graters will not be worthy for heavy duty grating purpose. If your cheese grating requirement is comparatively high, then, consider purchasing a cheese grater with an appropriate size.
e) The stability of a cheese grater is an important feature that should consider. If the grater is not stable it could result in wounds on arm or fingers. This is why we would recommend that you consider purchasing a cheese grater with excellent grip at its bottom.
f) A cheese grater could come in different shape and size. The size of a cheese grater will not affect the cleaning efficiency of the cheese grater; however, if the cheese grater comes in a complicated shape it will not be easy to clean it. So, check the specification and the picture of the product and make sure it does not have a complicated shape.
g) Apart from all the above-mentioned features and factors, you should purchase a cheese grater that comes with the maximum warranty period. When it comes to warranty, only top reputed brands offer a warranty, therefore, you must consider purchasing a cheese grater from reputed brands only.
Cheese grater Cleaning & Caring Instructions
Unlike any other kitchen accessory, a cheese grater should be cleaned after each use. Especially if you have grated a soft cheese, if the cheese grater is not cleaned after use then the cheese will dry and harden at the holes of the grater, which makes removing the cheese a much more difficult task. Here is how to clean the cheese grater
Step 1: After grating, dip the cheese grater in warm water.
Step 2: Take a toothbrush, we recommend a nylon brush and brush the holes of the grater to clean the grater holes.
Step 3: To make cleaning easier, always consider grating frozen cheese
Step 4: Once, you have done cleaning the grater with a brush, dip the grater in warm water and then wipe clean the grater with dry cloth.
Now, you could store the grater somewhere with almost no moisture or humidity. Consider the factors and features mentioned above and you search for the best cheese grater will not any more difficult. Based on the features and factors mentioned above, you could easily select the best cheese grater from any long list of products.
By choosing an ideal cheese grater in your kitchen, you can prepare most of the meals faster. If it is durable and is made up of quality material, you can depend on it in the long run. You should consider the key features of the product carefully to make a purchase.
Table of Contents
- Best Cheese Grater Reviews For 2019
- 1. Spring Chef Box Grater
- 2. ZYLISS Classic Rotary Cheese Grater
- 3. Cuisinart CTG-00-BG Boxed Grater
- 4. KitchenBasix Cheese Shredder and Grater
- 5. Spring Chef Professional Box Grater
- 6. SLC Swift Rotary Drum Grater and Cheese and Vegetable Slicer, Cutter and Grinder
- 7. LOVKITCHEN Rotary Cheese Grater
- 8. Utopia Kitchen Vegetable Slicer and Cheese Grater
- 9. Deiss PRO Citrus Lemon Zester & Cheese Grater
- 10. KitchenAid KN300OSPMA Gourmet Stainless Steel Box Grater
- Cheese grater Buying Guide, Clean & Caring Instructions
- Cheese grater Cleaning & Caring Instructions