Garlic is widely available in bunches or loose. Each bulb of garlic has separate cloves covered in a thin papery white skin. It tastes great when it is raw and its texture is crunchy with various health benefits. Once it is backed, its flavor mellows out with creamy cloves to be spread over the curry. To add the raw taste of garlic to your dishes, you need to dice your cloves finely or to crush them using a garlic press. Your foods would be infused with tasty aroma of garlic with this tool.
Garlic press can also mince garlic so you can add it to all the dishes you like. It surely boosts up your prep time. Make sure to choose garlic press which is also easy to clean up. Some models come with a cleaning tool. But it is still good to place it under constant flow of warm water and scrub with a brush as it can dislodge any residue.
It is recommended to choose only fresh bulbs and store your garlic well for best taste. Also see list for the Best Lemon Squeezer Reviews.
Best Garlic Press Reviews For 2019
1. ORBLUE Garlic Press, Stainless Steel Mincer & Crusher with Garlic Peeler
This is the professional grade, rust-proof, self-cleaning and dishwasher safe garlic press from ORBLUE, which is well known for quality assurance and lifelong customer support. This heavy-duty garlic mincer and press is a powerful and versatile kitchen tool to prepare tasty and healthy dishes. It is made of stainless steel and has large press box to crush several cloves. It has enlarged handles to provide maximum torque. It has stable handle loop to hang it and is dishwasher safe. It is an ideal gift for foodies and chefs.
- Set includes garlic rocker and peeler, stainless steel garlic press and cleaning brush
- Handles provide maximum torque
- Extra-large press box to press multiple cloves at once
- Dishwasher safe and easy to store
2. Alpha Grillers Garlic Press and Peeler Set
Say “Hello” to Top Rated and No. 1 Garlic Press in Amazon! Alpha Grillers Garlic Press and Peeler set is built with top quality materials. Press is made of heavy-duty stainless steel and peeler is made of FDA approved silicone. This tool is designed to last lifetime. Add sliced, fresh minced garlic to all your favorite dishes in seconds. You can easily and quickly produce fresh minced garlic to add to everything you like, such as rich pasta sauce, homemade garlic bread, tasty hummus, mashed potatoes and oven roast veggies.
- Press made of robust stainless steel and peeler made of silicone
- Easy to squeeze with large comfortable handles
- Easy to cleanup as it is dishwasher safe
3. Rösle Stainless Steel 9-inch Mincing Garlic Press
This 9” garlic mincing tool and press is one of the best kitchen tools from Rösle. It has well designed lever system needs low pressure to mince even the unpeeled garlic cloves. It has mincing head which flicks open to rinse it well. It has pressing handles which lock together for easy storage.
Like all the utensils, open kitchen storage parts and tools from Rösle, this garlic press is made of food-grade and rust-proof 18/10 stainless steel for long-lasting performance. It has satin finish on round handles to prevent finger stains. The handles are also spill proof and one handle has hanging ring to store on a hook.
- Even unpeeled garlic cloves are minced easily
- Mincing head is opened for easy cleanup
- Handles are locked for easy storage
- Made of 18/10, German-designed stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe
4. KUKPO Stainless Steel Garlic Press
Are you tired of mincing, peeling or crushing garlic manually? Aren’t the lingering and strong stench in your fingers annoying? KUKPO Stainless steel garlic press is here to give you relief from this tedious job. Feel the ease of mincing garlic in seconds. Trusted by thousands of chefs worldwide, this kitchen tool comes with different user-friendly add-ons. Crushing ginger and peeling garlic is a breeze with this tool. It is made of Grade A, sturdy 18/10 FDA-approved stainless steel, which is robust and anti-corrosive.
- Clean and mince garlic at once.
- No longer need to waste time on peeling garlic
- Crushes large amount of cloves and garlic at once within minutes
- Easy to use and lightweight yet made of heavy-duty stainless steel
5. Kitchen Fanatic Stainless Steel Garlic Press and Silicone Peeler Set
Using traditional press or chopping garlic by hand can really be messy and can leave your hands smelly. With Kitchen Fanatic Stainless Steel Garlic Press and Peeler, you can add the same zing to your dish of fresh garlic by mincing it like a pro.
You no longer need to suffer with lingering smell on your hands and sore palms. This high-tech, little tool is your best kitchen partner. Add the health effects and taste of garlic to your lasagna, spaghetti, or garlic bread in a snap.
- Large basket to hold up to two cloves to get maximum minced garlic
- Silicone peeler to peel off the garlic without any odor or sticky garlic skins on your hands and on the board.
- Ergonomic and durable stainless steel design
- Sleek design matches well to any décor
6. Pexio Professional Stainless Steel Food Safe Garlic Press and Peeler
Made of high quality, solid stainless steel, Pexio Professional Stainless Steel, Food-Safe Garlic Press and peeler is built to last a lifetime. This garlic press minces the whole clove. It has smart design and large comfortable handles for strong grip and to squeeze out lots of delicious garlic minces.
This silicone garlic peeler is designed well to remove sticky garlic gloves skins and to prevent lingering garlic smell off your hands. It is also easy to clean up. Just rinse it under water or through dishwasher.
- Made of stainless steel to last longer
- Ergonomic handles provide great torque
- Dishwasher safe
7. Babigo Manual Garlic Press and Garlic Peeler
Babigo Manual garlic press and crusher is your best companion to prep your delicious dishes and spice them up with well crushed and minced garlic and ginger. It is designed well to keep you from getting your hands sticky and mince your garlic cloves within seconds.
- Ergonomically designed handles
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to store
- Antiskid handle and silicone tube roller for easy handling
8. StarPack, Premier Stainless Steel Garlic Press Kitchen Utensil
StarPack Premier Stainless Steel Garlic Press Kitchen utensil has thick ergonomic handles which can fit well in your hand. It is known to have great design for easy and smooth garlic pressing. It is also easy to clean up. It is made of pure stainless steel which won’t weaken at joint, won’t break and won’t rust. This tool has been meticulously designed for kitchen to serve for years.
- Made of 100% stainless steel to last longer
- Ergonomic design to press unpeeled ginger and garlic with ease
- Swinging basket design for easy cleanup
9. iHomeInnovations Stainless Steel Garlic Press
iHomeInnovations is fully functional and stylish garlic press made of pure stainless steel designed for all your culinary needs to save time even when you are cooking with garlic. With this tool, you can easily and instantly crush and mince cloves to prepare your meals. If you really need to save cooking time, you can use this tool from iHomeInnovations to chop, smash, slice and mince garlic.
- Easy to clean up and crush
- Extra large capacity basket
- Made of heavy duty stainless steel
10. Kebley Garlic Press Professional Heavy Soft-Handled Crush Garlic
Kebley garlic press is a professional and heavy-duty garlic crusher designed as per human body mechanics. It is made with light and strong zinc alloy and it has non-slip handle so it is very comfortable to use. It is also very easy to rinse and clean under the top and it is also dishwasher safe. With this professional tool, you no longer have to worry about your preparation. It is also easy to use and store.
- Made of special zinc alloy which won’t rust
- Smooth and comfortable grip handles
- You can crush and mince garlic even with slight pressure
How To Choose The Best Garlic Press
How to Use a Garlic Press?
Using garlic press is like a cakewalk. This cool small gadget can save both your effort and time. Most garlic presses are designed to crush the whole cloves. So, there is no need to peel them off before squeezing. Well, most people are used to peel them off because the tool has to be very strong to press the garlic cloves without peeling.
Even though you don’t like peeling the garlic and you have to press it after peeling, you can use peeler which also has a garlic press. Most of the garlic peelers are easy to use and are made of silicone. Pop in the cloves in the peeler and rotate your hand ahead and back to peel it off. Chuck the cloves in crusher once it is peeled and squeeze them.
Minced vs. Pressed
There is sliced difference between mincing and pressing the garlic –
Make the cuts lengthwise to mince garlic using knife and go through the crosswire cuts to get well chopped pieces. Of course you have to unclove the garlic and peel before mincing. To mince the garlic, cut it again and again until you get it almost paste like.
To use garlic press, take a few cloves and pop them in the crusher, grab handles and start pushing through the garlic press. You will get the finely minced, chopped or pressed garlic. According to the holes on garlic press, the garlic will be chopped in different sized. If it is too small, garlic will be chopped very finely and grated. The garlic will come out in cubes if hole is very large.
There is no need to peel the garlic with garlic press if there is no need. A lot of presses can chop it without peeling them off. There is a bit of difference in taste between minced and pressed garlic. The pressed garlic gives more intense aroma and flavor. On the other side, minced garlic smells and tastes mellow. Hence, pressed garlic is best for cooking, and minced garlic is good for dips and dresses. Sometimes, they seem too similar and some people won’t even notice it.
Garlic Press Cleaning and Caring Instructions
Use a Cooking Spray Before Use: Before you use your garlic press to peel and crush garlic cloves, you should be able to keep in mind that spraying some cooking oil on the tool will help you better clean the garlic press after you have used it. This will ensure that the surface of the garlic press is a little slippery. The dirt and the unwanted stuff can easily be taken out at this point with the help pf a sharp object like a toothpick.
Use Warm Water: If you want to ensure that all the unwanted stuff from the garlic press have been removed after the same has been used, then it is important that you also use warm water. If you flush the tool with warm water, the unwanted things will come off in some time and it shall be easy for you to clean it
Use Mild Soap: If you want to clean the surface of the garlic press with your own hands, you will have to remember the fact that only mild soap should be used for the purpose. Anything strong will actually destroy the material of the garlic press and you will not want the same to happen.
Washing Instructions – Using and washing garlic press is easy. All you need to remove all the garlic paste on the holes. If you crush cloves with garlic press, there are chances that some particles may be stuck in the holes. With a toothpick or any short item, remove the particles until it is clean. Wash it well after using it to make it last longer. Wash it well with clean water and make sure all the particles are washed away and you have removed all of its smell.
No matter what design or material of garlic press you go for, the key here is to mince the cloves to extract the delicious juice and to create thin paste which can be mixed well in your dishes. It can even mince multiple cloves at once to speed up the process of food prepping.
When choosing the clove press, consider your cooking style which is best for your needs. You may definitely want to go with a stainless steel model for frequent use, or a plastic version that can achieve same results when used occasionally.
Table of Contents
- Best Garlic Press Reviews For 2019
- 1. ORBLUE Garlic Press, Stainless Steel Mincer & Crusher with Garlic Peeler
- 2. Alpha Grillers Garlic Press and Peeler Set
- 3. Rösle Stainless Steel 9-inch Mincing Garlic Press
- 4. KUKPO Stainless Steel Garlic Press
- 5. Kitchen Fanatic Stainless Steel Garlic Press and Silicone Peeler Set
- 6. Pexio Professional Stainless Steel Food Safe Garlic Press and Peeler
- 7. Babigo Manual Garlic Press and Garlic Peeler
- 8. StarPack, Premier Stainless Steel Garlic Press Kitchen Utensil
- 9. iHomeInnovations Stainless Steel Garlic Press
- 10. Kebley Garlic Press Professional Heavy Soft-Handled Crush Garlic
- How To Choose The Best Garlic Press
- How to Use a Garlic Press?
- Garlic Press Cleaning and Caring Instructions